Goodbye Jesus

Christianity and Recovery

JimmyfoJesus

I have this annoyance with the two of these, because Christianity says actions don't matter only faith. Recovery says it's both, but that they're not a religious program only a spiritual one, and everyone in there seems to think their program works so great, but no one ever looks around and sees that God's not blessing any of them. Now that Christianity no longer works, the 12 step recovery program also no longer works.  The book is incomplete, because the rest of it is in Proverbs, and God loves worship and praise, so you gotta throw that in the mix for sure too.

The funny thing is that these people are all chasing these spiritual awakening feelings they get where you feel like you just took a hit of LSD and are overwhelmed with joy, but it's like, why do you want to feel like that all day long, because when you do, God gives you a crazy person tone of voice, and it's a very difficult thing to correct.  If you only chase the feeling, He's going to kill your awakening, instead you have to chase Heaven. The mindset and attitude make the biggest difference. You guys could also do this alone by doing a moral inventory as a letter to God, and your awakening would be way cooler.

See I believe that without a doubt Jesus died for spiritual awakenings no matter what anyone tells me, because I'm not some monk trying to isolate from the world, and I'm not over here trying to make a career off tarot cards selling crystals to people, but I do have a deck, and I can do it. I'm way slow though. I'm an awakened person led by the Spirit, and the only way you'd know that I'm spiritually awakened is if you catch my eyes fluttering when I'm thinking through what's in front of me.

So in short, recovery is so close to what Christianity is supposed to be in my eyes, and if they made the jump in their program, every one of them would see  God's Power in a new way, but I mean I don't know. Seems pretty far fetched.

Image result for young frankenstein hello handsome gif

"Hello Handsome!" 

Hahahaha...

Well looky what we have here. A new christian apologist filling in the gap left by ironhorse. I suppose that's a gap that needed filled. 

Speaking of gaps, and god, are you by any chance a believer in the god of the gaps? Do you profess to "knowing" god exists? What sort of believer are you exactly, and what brings you to an ex christian website, airing out this little rant about 12 steps, tarrot cards, Jesus, etc., etc.,? 

Welcome aboard!

• Thanks 1

I believe God is mysterious, and I believe Jesus told 12 boys from the hood to go start a religion based off his teachings, and instead, they started a religion off God's miracles, and I believe God went with it, so He could show the world what He was trying to do for thousands of years, and then He stopped, because it makes no sense, and it's not fair. 

Now I believe it's the Old Testament God is back, and is the Only God, but then again, that's one of those things you just can't quite know for sure. That would mean you would live by the Jewish rules. It's funny, because Exodus says God punishes down to the fourth generation for curses, and I look at all the wars over each generation. Then I think about tide pods.

Why should I, or anyone else, care what you believe?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

I believe God is mysterious, and I believe Jesus told 12 boys from the hood to go start a religion based off his teachings, and instead, they started a religion off God's miracles, and I believe God went with it, so He could show the world what He was trying to do for thousands of years, and then He stopped, because it makes no sense, and it's not fair. 

Now I believe it's the Old Testament God is back, and is the Only God, but then again, that's one of those things you just can't quite know for sure. That would mean you would live by the Jewish rules. It's funny, because Exodus says God punishes down to the fourth generation for curses, and I look at all the wars over each generation. Then I think about tide pods.

Ok, we're going a million miles an hour out the gate. Let me catch up a little bit.

The 12 disciples, in your view, are akin to "the boys in the hood," of 1st century Palestine, starting a new religion, moving past Jewish law, etc.? 

But now, all these years later, YHWH has come back, wanting Jewish law kept by gentile christians? 

And millennials are something like a punishment from YHWH, going several generations back? 

23 minutes ago, sdelsolray said:

I don’t know, it seems to be the only way to fix depression without a pill, and it just kind of makes sense, and when it comes to God, no one else is making any sense whatsoever.

• Like 1

This one is not of ironhorse's caliber.

• Like 4

Who is ironhorse? I’m new. I just made sure none of you could say no one made sense of it all to you.

23 minutes ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

I don’t know, it seems to be the only way to fix depression without a pill, and it just kind of makes sense, and when it comes to God, no one else is making any sense whatsoever.

Just a heads up, Jimmy, we're all former christians who basically studied the bible and all relevant material and concluded that it's ultimately false. That's us, that's the majority of members at ex-C. We're largely intellectual and probably mostly atheist as the result of our personal research and study of the bible and world religion in general. There's a few deistic thinkers and spiritual minded ex christians as well, who are spiritual but not religious and not christian. 

So that's the landscape. 

When claims are made, people will want to see evidence and citations for the claims being made. They will counter argue any claims that are arguable. Many play rough, and hit hard. I'll just let you know up front, you're welcome to become ex christian at any time. If you find yourself unable to argue against us, or it just seems that we've got it all figured out and you start doubting yourself and these religious ideas, that's ok. We're all inclusive. 

If you've been struggling with depression, I'll have you know that many here have had the same problem. And leaving christianity and gaining a broader worldview was the solution. The same may be true in your case. I don't know. We'll see what happens. I'm just trying to be fair and up front with you before you find yourself cornered by difficult arguments to over come. All of the power and force between intellectually savvy ex christians and christian believers, never falls on the side of the christian believer. So you have that hurdle to cross upon posting here. 

Anyhow, good luck with it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

Who is ironhorse? I’m new. I just made sure none of you could say no one made sense of it all to you.

A christian believer who used to try and argue with us about god and Jesus. He recently passed away. 

1 hour ago, sdelsolray said:

37 minutes ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

I don’t know....

Know your audience.  Perhaps you should try to figure it out.

• Super Moderator
3 hours ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

I have this annoyance with the two of these....

...but no one ever looks around and sees that God's not blessing any of them.

The book is incomplete, because the rest of it is in Proverbs, and God loves worship and praise, so you gotta throw that in the mix for sure too.

If you only chase the feeling, He's going to kill your awakening, instead you have to chase Heaven. The mindset and attitude make the biggest difference. You guys could also do this alone by doing a moral inventory as a letter to God, and your awakening would be way cooler.

See I believe that without a doubt Jesus died for spiritual awakenings no matter what anyone tells me

You were told to keep your proselytizing in The Lion's Den and acknowledged such.  If you wish, you may also "rant" about your god in The Lion's Den as well.  But in this Rants sub-forum, you may not -- in any way, shape, or form -- try to encourage others to join you in your delusion.  This is your second strike.    There will be repercussions if you do not follow the rules and moderator instructions.  Thread moved to The Lion's Den.

• Like 1

I mean here's the thing about proof, you just have to open your eyes, and you. know God's revealed Himself at least for everyone I've known. Most people who used to be Christians just forgot what He used to do for them and didn't realize how much He worked on the low, but He left the Christian church, and society has decayed. I guess I just wish more people would remember what times used to be like and found the same appreciation for God that I have, but you're probably right, I should try other avenues. Most people I meet tell people God reveals Himself to them after talking to me, so I don't know, maybe you'll see me again in a week or maybe not, I don't know. God bless you all whether you believe in Him or not.

Oh and I'm not pushing Christianity on anyone. Instead, I'm asking people to take a look at the Bible from a whole new perspective and to come together to combat the Christian church with logic  and reasoning, because the fates are sealed of priests, they're stuck on Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sins lol.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

the only way you'd know that I'm spiritually awakened is if you catch my eyes fluttering when I'm thinking through what's in front of me.

Maybe your eyes are fluttering because you are a pretentious douche.

If not, this link may help: https://www.healthline.com/health/eyelid-twitch

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

I'm asking people to take a look at the Bible from a whole new perspective and to come together to combat the Christian church with logic  and reasoning

I get the feeling that your spirituality kind of resembles mine, so I naturally approve of it at least to that degree. But this one thing you said seems to go against what I understood of it. You seem to operate very much on intuition and feeling (I mean I know I do) yet you talk about logic and reasoning here.

Intuition surely utilizes logic to some degree as well, but when people say 'logic' they usually mean something exact and dry. Logic can be so mundane it's fucking boring and depressingly tedious, and pretty much opposite to anything spiritual as far as I understand spirituality.

Besides, If we stick to logic and demonstrable evidence, we'll have to conclude this mundane world is all there is. Then again you never said anything about 'demonstrable evidence'.

The logic and reasoning and demonstrative evidence to me is that the Book of Proverbs will highlight every area of your life causing you pain because God doesn’t like the habit or the person isn’t right for you. No one understands God. That’s the problem.

7 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

Well looky what we have here. A new christian apologist filling in the gap left by ironhorse. I suppose that's a gap that needed filled. 

Hmmm . . . despite the name I don't think Jimmy is a Christian.  Look closer.  Certainly he is hyper-religious but he doesn't seem to be as exclusive as Christians.  He advocates hybrid religion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Im exausted

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

See I believe that without a doubt Jesus died for spiritual awakenings no matter what anyone tells me, because I'm not some monk trying to isolate from the world, and I'm not over here trying to make a career off tarot cards selling crystals to people, but I do have a deck, and I can do it. I'm way slow though. I'm an awakened person led by the Spirit, and the only way you'd know that I'm spiritually awakened is if you catch my eyes fluttering when I'm thinking through what's in front of me.

You don't like providing reasons for your claims do you?

Again, what evidence do you have that should persuade a reasonable person that:

1) Jesus actually resurrected?

2) In your opinion "died for spiritual awakenings" especially since your source for Jesus states he came to die for human sin?

3) You are awakened and have the correct message, as opposed to the many many other 'awakened' people who also have a message? (PS - I'm not entirely sure "eyes fluttering" is going to be enough to convince anyone here.)

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, mymistake said:

Hmmm . . . despite the name I don't think Jimmy is a Christian.  Look closer.  Certainly he is hyper-religious but he doesn't seem to be as exclusive as Christians.  He advocates hybrid religion.

Correct - his opening posts states doctrine that is not supported by any major denomination. Jimmy seems very new age.

10 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

A christian believer who used to try and argue with us about god and Jesus. He recently passed away. 

Ironhorse is gone? When did this happen?

11 hours ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

I have this annoyance with the two of these, because Christianity says actions don't matter only faith. Recovery says it's both, but that they're not a religious program only a spiritual one, and everyone in there seems to think their program works so great, but no one ever looks around and sees that God's not blessing any of them. Now that Christianity no longer works, the 12 step recovery program also no longer works.  The book is incomplete, because the rest of it is in Proverbs, and God loves worship and praise, so you gotta throw that in the mix for sure too.

The funny thing is that these people are all chasing these spiritual awakening feelings they get where you feel like you just took a hit of LSD and are overwhelmed with joy, but it's like, why do you want to feel like that all day long, because when you do, God gives you a crazy person tone of voice, and it's a very difficult thing to correct.  If you only chase the feeling, He's going to kill your awakening, instead you have to chase Heaven. The mindset and attitude make the biggest difference. You guys could also do this alone by doing a moral inventory as a letter to God, and your awakening would be way cooler.

So in short, recovery is so close to what Christianity is supposed to be in my eyes, and if they made the jump in their program, every one of them would see  God's Power in a new way, but I mean I don't know. Seems pretty far fetched.

What happened to you in Christian land? That is important.

31 minutes ago, theanticrash said:

Ironhorse is gone? When did this happen?

7 hours ago, JimmyfoJesus said:

The logic and reasoning and demonstrative evidence to me is that the Book of Proverbs will highlight every area of your life causing you pain because God doesn’t like the habit or the person isn’t right for you. No one understands God. That’s the problem.

This is fairly incomprehensible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Super Moderator

12 hours ago, mymistake said:

11 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Correct - his opening posts states doctrine that is not supported by any major denomination. Jimmy seems very new age.

Jimmy, like hundreds of visitors before him, has invented his own brand of christinsanity.  

• Like 2