Goodbye Jesus

Trolling around

quinntar

Why do so many Christian's resort to calling people who debate with them "Trolls" it seems that when they are confronted by an argument against their God, an argument that offends their faith, they go on the defense and they start attacking your character.

Doesn't the Bible say

Luke 6:28

28bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

So why the fuck are you calling anyone a troll?

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
4 hours ago, theanticrash said:

Why do so many Christian's resort to calling people who debate with them "Trolls" it seems that when they are confronted by an argument against their God, an argument that offends their faith, they go on the defense and they start attacking your character.

Doesn't the Bible say

Luke 6:28

28bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

So why the fuck are you calling anyone a troll?

Many theists do not distinguish between their beliefs and their self.  To them, the two are one.  Thus, a challenge to their beliefs/ideas is perceived as an attack on their person.  Yes, an ad hominem response is common.  However, they see the original challenge to their beliefs as the same thing, which, of course, it is not.

As to the "trolls" labeling, I haven't seen that very often, but I do not frequent theist websites, where I suspect that behavior may be more common.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, sdelsolray said:

Many theists do not distinguish between their beliefs and their self.  To them, the two are one.  Thus, a challenge to their beliefs/ideas is perceived as an attack on their person.  Yes, an ad hominem response is common.  However, they see the original challenge to their beliefs as the same thing, which, of course, it is not.

As to the "trolls" labeling, I haven't seen that very often, but I do not frequent theist websites, where I suspect that behavior may be more common.

It does happen more at Christian site's. They do it to their own fellow believers as well, even I have be targeted as a troll more times than I can count. But what you said is very helpful, that they can't detach their belief's from their character. That's just fucked really, makes me feel sick.

12 minutes ago, theanticrash said:

It does happen more at Christian site's. They do it to their own fellow believers as well, even I have be targeted as a troll more times than I can count. But what you said is very helpful, that they can't detach their belief's from their character. That's just fucked really, makes me feel sick.

I wouldn't get too worked up about it.  It's their set of dysfunctional issues, not yours.  Consider ignoring them.  There are other activities with which to spend time.

• Thanks 1

They just take it as trying to troll them for negative responses. I once wrecked havoc on some assholes on beliefnet. There were some bizarre beliefs listed on there and I went in guns raging. The reaction was similar. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:

They just take it as trying to troll them for negative responses. I once wrecked havoc on some assholes on beliefnet. There were some bizarre beliefs listed on there and I went in guns raging. The reaction was similar. 

This was you I guess?

go-ahead-make-my-day-punk-quote-1.jpg

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, sdelsolray said:

I wouldn't get too worked up about it.  It's their set of dysfunctional issues, not yours.  Consider ignoring them.  There are other activities with which to spend time.

Good advice.