Goodbye Jesus

Cheese

Anushka

Read this book - Who Moved My Cheese?

It is not a book on religion. But, it might help you.

The author is Dr. Spencer Johnson. It is not even 100 pages. A quick read.

While I was reading this book, I thought if I had got this book 7 or 8 years ago, would it have made sense to me? I don't know, maybe not. I was a religious people-pleasing nut back then. 

I am not being arrogant, but I think I am living a lot of the lessons taught in this book. These lessons were taught to me by life, by my stupid dangerous mistakes.  Which led to me leaving Christianity.

And now I am reading the lessons life taught me in this book.

I feel sad- I wish there was some way people were capable or wise enough to learn things without making so many mistakes and without screwing up so much. 😔

I really wish experience wasn't the only teacher.

Edit: Hope this post is in the right forum?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Anushka said:

I feel sad- I wish there was some way people were capable or wise enough to learn things without making so many mistakes and without screwing up so much. 😔

I really wish experience wasn't the only teacher.

Wouldn't that be great! To be born with a bushel of life's experience. I think the only way to get by is to realize that everyone makes the same mistakes, it's just that some folks are better at hiding them than others.

I'm reminded of the great American baseball player Babe Ruth, who hit 714 home runs, a record that stood for decades. But folks usually don't know that he also struck out 1330 times.

I've found life lessons to be costly, maybe that is why they tend to stick in our memories. On the other hand, I'm certain I've heard thousands of sermons but I don't remember any of them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Anushka,

Not quite Testimonies as usual, but good info. Will let post sit here for a bit.

kevinL

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, older said:

Wouldn't that be great! To be born with a bushel of life's experience. I think the only way to get by is to realize that everyone makes the same mistakes, it's just that some folks are better at hiding them than others.

I'm reminded of the great American baseball player Babe Ruth, who hit 714 home runs, a record that stood for decades. But folks usually don't know that he also struck out 1330 times.

Heard about Babe Ruth from Joel Osteen...lol...😀

Who cut my cheese is kinda the same tact - just different circumstances.

Both would be advised for those who feel they can clock in/clock out each day - confident that their job will always be there. 

On 5/10/2018 at 4:54 PM, MOHO said:

Who cut my cheese is kinda the same tact - just different circumstances.

Both would be advised for those who feel they can clock in/clock out each day - confident that their job will always be there. 

That sounds interesting. Will check that book out..