Recommended Posts

Read this book - Who Moved My Cheese?

It is not a book on religion. But, it might help you.

The author is Dr. Spencer Johnson. It is not even 100 pages. A quick read.

 

While I was reading this book, I thought if I had got this book 7 or 8 years ago, would it have made sense to me? I don't know, maybe not. I was a religious people-pleasing nut back then. 

 

I am not being arrogant, but I think I am living a lot of the lessons taught in this book. These lessons were taught to me by life, by my stupid dangerous mistakes.  Which led to me leaving Christianity.

And now I am reading the lessons life taught me in this book.

 

I feel sad- I wish there was some way people were capable or wise enough to learn things without making so many mistakes and without screwing up so much. 😔

 

I really wish experience wasn't the only teacher.

 

Edit: Hope this post is in the right forum?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thank you for your support
Buy Ex-C a cup of coffee!
Costs have significantly risen and we need your support! Click the coffee cup to give a one-time donation, or choose one of the recurrent patron options.
Note: All Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
4 hours ago, Anushka said:

...

I feel sad- I wish there was some way people were capable or wise enough to learn things without making so many mistakes and without screwing up so much. 😔

 

I really wish experience wasn't the only teacher.

 

...

 

 

 

 

Wouldn't that be great! To be born with a bushel of life's experience. I think the only way to get by is to realize that everyone makes the same mistakes, it's just that some folks are better at hiding them than others.

 

I'm reminded of the great American baseball player Babe Ruth, who hit 714 home runs, a record that stood for decades. But folks usually don't know that he also struck out 1330 times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've found life lessons to be costly, maybe that is why they tend to stick in our memories. On the other hand, I'm certain I've heard thousands of sermons but I don't remember any of them. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anushka,

 

Not quite Testimonies as usual, but good info. Will let post sit here for a bit.

 

 

kevinL

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, older said:

 

Wouldn't that be great! To be born with a bushel of life's experience. I think the only way to get by is to realize that everyone makes the same mistakes, it's just that some folks are better at hiding them than others.

 

I'm reminded of the great American baseball player Babe Ruth, who hit 714 home runs, a record that stood for decades. But folks usually don't know that he also struck out 1330 times.

 

Heard about Babe Ruth from Joel Osteen...lol...😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who cut my cheese is kinda the same tact - just different circumstances.

 

Both would be advised for those who feel they can clock in/clock out each day - confident that their job will always be there. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a friend who told me a childhood story of hers I had not yet heard. When she was 8 maybe 10 years of age, she actually got angry that she had to learn things her parents already know. She remembered learning multiplication tables and thought it was a horrible waste of time and this kind of knowledge should have been "downloaded" into her brain upon birth.  So you are not alone in this thought....

I've always been the kid who touched the stove after being told it was hot, just because I wanted the experience for myself. Now older and hopefully wiser, I do listen when told about the dangerous things in life and appreciate many things I took for granted in the past.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2018 at 4:54 PM, MOHO said:

Who cut my cheese is kinda the same tact - just different circumstances.

 

Both would be advised for those who feel they can clock in/clock out each day - confident that their job will always be there. 

 

 

That sounds interesting. Will check that book out..

Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now