Goodbye Jesus

You down with OPP? (other people's profiles)

Guest Ann

Does anyone else feel weird about looking at other members profiles? I don't know if it's because I'm a private person (believe or not) and I don't want to intrude or if I'm just plain weird... but I rarely look at other people's profiles because I don't want them to think I'm intruding or stalking them.

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

It's public info. I don't think folks will put anything on their public profile that they want to keep secret. Wait! People let folks take nude pictures of them, with the promise they won't post them on the Internet.....but somehow they end up on the Internet after all. :o

Yeah, I forgot, people aren't really all that smart after all. :fun:

• Haha 1

I usually take it as a compliment when somebody visits.  The public profile is just a place for you to put information about yourself.  Think of it as a way of saying "hi" to people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm with MM on this one.

I've intentionally listed enough info about me that members can feel they know me a little.

I assume that people visit my profile because they are interested for some reason - hopefully good ones :) I know I will check out others profiles if something they have posted is interesting.

• Thanks 1

@Ann A laugh for the end of the post (Stalker you!) And a like for the whole post... except I cannot do both.

Maybe Dude and I can campaign on being allowed multiple likes on one post :D 

• Haha 1

On 5/12/2018 at 3:17 AM, LogicalFallacy said:

Maybe Dude and I can campaign on being allowed multiple likes on one post

Dammed Pestepalian Unionizer!

kL

• Haha 1

I would actually take it as a compliment if someone was interested in my profile. Especially given I'm so new, and have worked so hard to find non-Christian friends in this very Christian area where I live. 🙂 But, I like that you are sensitive to what others might think. I tend to be that way too about way too many things. Actually, it's that personality trait that probably kept me immobilized inside evangelicalism for so long.