Goodbye Jesus

Believe God in 5 minutes.

LogicalFallacy

Yes, finally, science has found God, and you are all late to the party. Where has science found god? In the quantum fluctuations and laws of nature at the beginning of the universe. And of course there was a beginning so Genesis is right! (Never mind the light and earth before the sun stuff) And apparently all the prominent atheists agree.

So because apparently these quantum fluctuations that created the universe from nothing are:

1) Not physical

2) Acts on the phsyical

3) Created the physical from nothing, and

4) Predates the universe

and these characteristics fit a modern interpretation of God - hey presto, scientific evidence for God.

The kicker is at the end - God acts on the universe... how does he know - because you are watching the video *Cue face palm*

From what I can tell he is simply calling the laws of nature 'God'.

It's called compartmentalization.  One can be logical about one topic and not regarding another.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ann said:

I'm sure it's because I have almost no attention span but all I heard was....

Bla bla bla.... the nothing.....bla bla bla....look at the cool picture of the universe....bla bla bla....god.  Then for some reason thought of The Matrix.

Some days I should just "call it a day" by noon;)

Shit, sorry.....just realized this was posted in The Lion's Den....I'm totally off topic and reaffirming that I have no attention span. Apologies and I'm shutting it.

Don't worry about it.  The scientist in the video is taking liberties.  I assume he has made progress in his field of science.  But he acts like that makes him an authority.  It doesn't.

It also doesn't give him a reason to assume there was a "nothing" or to assume that science found God.  I'm not even sure that the Big Bang was the beginning.  

Wait.  So it was "the laws of nature" that spoke the words "Let there be light"?

I doubt we can just replace the words for god with "the laws of nature" and people will be cool with that (nor will it really make sense in the bible) but we can replace "the laws of nature" with god and that just proves god exists?  Don't get me wrong, I think the two are one and the same in a lot times/places but they're far from being always interchangeable.

mwc

People seem to spend a lot of time trying to prove the omnisilent omniabsent god. 

• Like 1

Deist believe all kinds of stuff, and some (panendeists) believe the universe/creation and God are one and the same thing. Therefore, they see no need for religion or worship because the universe doesn't intervene or interact with creation. It seems like a pretty good option for those that need a God but don't need or want religion. 

23 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Yes, finally, science has found God, and you are all late to the party. Where has science found god? In the quantum fluctuations and laws of nature at the beginning of the universe. And of course there was a beginning so Genesis is right! (Never mind the light and earth before the sun stuff) And apparently all the prominent atheists agree.

So because apparently these quantum fluctuations that created the universe from nothing are:

1) Not physical

2) Acts on the phsyical

3) Created the physical from nothing, and

4) Predates the universe

and these characteristics fit a modern interpretation of God - hey presto, scientific evidence for God.

The kicker is at the end - God acts on the universe... how does he know - because you are watching the video *Cue face palm*

From what I can tell he is simply calling the laws of nature 'God'.

Must I watch it? I could lose my shit and punch my phone.

• Haha 2