Goodbye Jesus

Did God Make The Hebrews Eat Their Own Children?

R_Collins

In Leviticus 26:27-29, Deuteronomy 28:53-58, Ezekiel 5:5-10 and Jeremiah 19:9, the Bible says that, if the Hebrews do not obey God, He will make them eat their own children. 

According to the Bible, this threat was carried out during the seige of Jerusalem, as reported in Lamentations 2:20 and 4:10. These children died of starvation, disease and dehydration, then their starving parents ate their bodies. 

God violated his own law by doing this, because Deuteronomy 24:16 and Ezekiel 18:20 say that the child shall not suffer for their parents' sins. But Jerusalem was beseiged and conquered because their parents were disobedient to God, according to the Bible.

I've created a 7+ minute video that discusses these Bible passages and the historical context around them. I hope you find it to be interesting.

"Did God Make the Hebrews Eat Their Own Children?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4uFSJQEtPU

• 1 month later...

Whether or not the son is guilty for the inequities of the father is something that goes back and forth throughout both the Old and New Testaments.  My question of Jews and cannibalism is whether or not babies are kosher.  It sounds flip, but I'm serious.  With so many dietary restrictions, especially with regard to eating blood, how does one go about bleeding out ones child?  Sounds even more gruesome the more you think about it.