TrueScotsman

At Least 8 Dead Santa Fe, Texas Shooting

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Fweethawt said:

My oldest is getting married today. :bounce::dance:

 

Congrats

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thank you for your support
Buy Ex-C a cup of coffee!
Costs have significantly risen and we need your support! Click the coffee cup to give a one-time donation, or choose one of the recurrent patron options.
Note: All Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
1 minute ago, LogicalFallacy said:

 

Congrats

Thanks. ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, end3 said:

Again you libtards, it's not the material objects....

This libtard does not want to take away your guns. Instead let's have single payer healthcare that covers mental illnesses? I think anyone who does this kind of thing (terrorist, whatever) has some sort of mental problems. Canada has loads of guns, yet this kind of shit rarely happens compared to the States. What does Canada have that the US does not? Good healthcare. But then again, that would address the root of the problem and the name calling and shit slinging would stop if we agreed on something, so let's continue with no real solutions....Conservatives love guns.....great keep them, but please cave on healthcare. You can't have your cake and eat it too....or you can, but be prepared for more shootings and cue the blaming anything and everything.....except the root of the problem.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ann said:

This libtard does not want to take away your guns. Instead let's have single payer healthcare that covers mental illnesses? I think anyone who does this kind of thing (terrorist, whatever) has some sort of mental problems. Canada has loads of guns, yet this kind of shit rarely happens compared to the States. What does Canada have that the US does not? Good healthcare. But then again, that would address the root of the problem and the name calling and shit slinging would stop if we agreed on something, so let's continue with no real solutions....Conservatives love guns.....great keep them, but please cave on healthcare. You can't have your cake and eat it too....or you can, but be prepared for more shootings and cue the blaming anything and everything.....except the root of the problem.

This actually almost makes a lot of sense to me. I wonder how well that would actually work out?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Fweethawt said:

This actually almost makes a lot of sense to me. I wonder how well that would actually work out?

Look at other countries that provide their citizens with healthcare and compare the gun statistics. I chose Canada as an example because to my knowledge their gun laws are more lax than other countries. Then again, there is Australia....they took the guns away from citizens to help curb mass shootings and it seems to have worked out....they also provide healthcare. I don't think it's possible to take away guns from US citizens. That would be a shit show IMO. My point is let's at least provide healthcare and see where "we" are in 5-10 years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mymistake said:

New details:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/18/us/student-on-texas-school-shooting/index.html

 

Apparently there were two police officers on campus when the shooting took place.  Does this refute the idea that having a few armed protectors on campus will prevent shootings or will the NRA supporters insist it only proves that two is not nearly enough?

 

The gun enthusiasts will never concede that they were wrong about anything. When their prescription of armed guards fails to prevent a massacre, they just move on to their next prescription, armed teachers. When this fails, they will move on to armed students. It's a logical progression -- "logical" in their deranged minds anyway. 

 

As long as it continues to happen to other people's children, it doesn't matter. The conservative-libertarian philosophy is that nothing that happens to other people matters. If somebody decides to murder you, that's your problem. Since everyone has a "right" to own a gun, it follows that they have a "right" to decide to kill you for any reason. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Blood said:

 

The gun enthusiasts will never concede that they were wrong about anything. When their prescription of armed guards fails to prevent a massacre, they just move on to their next prescription, armed teachers. When this fails, they will move on to armed students. It's a logical progression -- "logical" in their deranged minds anyway. 

 

As long as it continues to happen to other people's children, it doesn't matter. The conservative-libertarian philosophy is that nothing that happens to other people matters. If somebody decides to murder you, that's your problem. Since everyone has a "right" to own a gun, it follows that they have a "right" to decide to kill you for any reason. 

 

So in your mind it is OK to punish the totality gun owners who have never harmed anyone for the crime of few crazies.  Hmmm....kind of smacks of Stalin.... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blood said:

 

The gun enthusiasts will never concede that they were wrong about anything. When their prescription of armed guards fails to prevent a massacre, they just move on to their next prescription, armed teachers. When this fails, they will move on to armed students. It's a logical progression -- "logical" in their deranged minds anyway. 

 

As long as it continues to happen to other people's children, it doesn't matter. The conservative-libertarian philosophy is that nothing that happens to other people matters. If somebody decides to murder you, that's your problem. Since everyone has a "right" to own a gun, it follows that they have a "right" to decide to kill you for any reason. 

 

 

Oh that reminds me.  This incident, along with several others that happened this year, dispels the claim that it can't happen in a pro-gun-carry state such as Texas.  The Church shooting from several months ago also happened in Texas.  A few years ago the NRA supporters claimed that shootings could only happen in liberal states but now that this turns out false they won't be changing their answer.  

 

When today's young people grow up and start voting there will be some changes.  Someday a new amendment will repeal the second amendment.  Then guns will be regulated like cars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blood said:

 

The gun enthusiasts will never concede that they were wrong about anything. When their prescription of armed guards fails to prevent a massacre, they just move on to their next prescription, armed teachers. When this fails, they will move on to armed students. It's a logical progression -- "logical" in their deranged minds anyway. 

 

As long as it continues to happen to other people's children, it doesn't matter. The conservative-libertarian philosophy is that nothing that happens to other people matters. If somebody decides to murder you, that's your problem. Since everyone has a "right" to own a gun, it follows that they have a "right" to decide to kill you for any reason. 

This about sums up the general Libertarian delusional thinking we see daily here.  I am losing patience with it.  The Greek meaning of the word idiot is alive and well in America.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to throw in my 2 cents worth about the "22 school shootings" so far this year. 

 

I imagine this will make splodey heads splode, but here is an article from Breitbart.   http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2018/05/19/nolte-cnn-spreads-fake-news-22-school-shootings-2018/ and before you knee jerk at my source for this, consider your own sources. 

 

From the article, which links to CNN to show that it's true, here are some of the things CNN considers a "school shooting":

 

A student shot another student with a BB gun in Gloversville Middle School.

A teacher accidentally discharged a gun during a public safety class at Seaside High School, injuring a student.

One person was hospitalized after a shooting at an apartment building on the campus of the University of South Alabama.

Two people were shot to death at a dormitory on the campus of Central Michigan University. The victims were not students and police think the incident stemmed from a domestic situation.

A person was shot in a rec center at Mississippi Valley State University. Police said the person was not a student and the injury was not life-threatening.

A fight led to a shooting in the parking lot of Lincoln High School, fatally wounding a 32-year-old man.

 

Also in the article is a link to an earlier article (February) on PolitiFact which shows much the same things (such as a person committing suicide, with no one else involved or injured) in the parking lot of a closed school counting as a "school shooting".

 

Interesting, huh?  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TrueScotsman said:

This about sums up the general Libertarian delusional thinking we see daily here.  I am losing patience with it.  The Greek meaning of the word idiot is alive and well in America.  

 

You keep insulting most of the people on this site. I pointed out the other day that there are several others you might enjoy more.

 

Also, if you are tired of idiot America, try Belgium. I hear it's real nice there. 

 

Just trying to be helpful!  :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ann said:

This libtard does not want to take away your guns. Instead let's have single payer healthcare that covers mental illnesses? I think anyone who does this kind of thing (terrorist, whatever) has some sort of mental problems. Canada has loads of guns, yet this kind of shit rarely happens compared to the States. What does Canada have that the US does not? Good healthcare. But then again, that would address the root of the problem and the name calling and shit slinging would stop if we agreed on something, so let's continue with no real solutions....Conservatives love guns.....great keep them, but please cave on healthcare. You can't have your cake and eat it too....or you can, but be prepared for more shootings and cue the blaming anything and everything.....except the root of the problem.

Conservatives used to support universal healthcare, under Nixon in fact.  Now they have deluded themselves into thinking it is a purely Socialist solution, without consideration to the ecobomic and social costs for our failing healthcare system.  Especially with mental health, basically how it works if that if you don't have money or a supportive family, you become homeless and destitute if you have a serious mental health problem.  Your anecdotal remarks about what you see in America is very accurate, btw, Corporations are doing better but not the people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude,

 

Some people just want to be knee-jerk, scream about a problem that is not as big a problem as their pet media sources want to make it into then scream about it just so they can FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL better and then FEEEEEEEEEEEEL self-righteous.  Their FEEEEEEEEEEEEELINGS want to take people's rights from them, wonder what's next?  Speech licenses?  Guess some people want to be helpless sheep while a wolf guards them.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, duderonomy said:

I just want to throw in my 2 cents worth about the "22 school shootings" so far this year. 

 

I imagine this will make splodey heads splode, but here is an article from Breitbart.   http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2018/05/19/nolte-cnn-spreads-fake-news-22-school-shootings-2018/ and before you knee jerk at my source for this, consider your own sources. 

 

From the article, which links to CNN to show that it's true, here are some of the things CNN considers a "school shooting":

 

A student shot another student with a BB gun in Gloversville Middle School.

A teacher accidentally discharged a gun during a public safety class at Seaside High School, injuring a student.

One person was hospitalized after a shooting at an apartment building on the campus of the University of South Alabama.

Two people were shot to death at a dormitory on the campus of Central Michigan University. The victims were not students and police think the incident stemmed from a domestic situation.

A person was shot in a rec center at Mississippi Valley State University. Police said the person was not a student and the injury was not life-threatening.

A fight led to a shooting in the parking lot of Lincoln High School, fatally wounding a 32-year-old man.

 

Also in the article is a link to an earlier article (February) on PolitiFact which shows much the same things (such as a person committing suicide, with no one else involved or injured) in the parking lot of a closed school counting as a "school shooting".

 

Interesting, huh?  

Clowns are resorting to Brietbart for their arguments.  Yup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, duderonomy said:

 

You keep insulting most of the people on this site. I pointed out the other day that there are several others you might enjoy more.

 

Also, if you are tired of idiot America, try Belgium. I hear it's real nice there. 

 

Just trying to be helpful!  :)

I just might, too many idiots here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TrueScotsman said:

I just might, too many idiots here.

 

Somebody has to call names just to feel self-righteous.  Just like a whiny little 6 year old girl.  How adult. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TrueScotsman said:

Clowns are resorting to Brietbart for their arguments.  Yup.

 

And that is any different than you using phony CNN bullshit? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, duderonomy said:

Also, if you are tired of idiot America, try Belgium. I hear it's real nice there. 

Dude....it is nice in Belgium. But as CB pointed out in a different thread it is not comparable to the US with size alone being a huge factor. I don't think....correct me if I'm wrong TS.....that TS is trying to insult Americans. Just the American attitude. And yes, there is such a thing. I used to have the same attitude...America=#1 in everything. It's annoying and taught to American children...indoctrinated IMO with all of the flag salutes, singing the national anthem at every sporting event, not being taught about other countries in school (do Americans, in general, know where other countries are located on a map?) etc....  The farther I am removed from these things...the weirder they seem to me. I see butthurtness on both sides often in tot...whatever.

Soon, I'll be moving back to the States and the number one American attitude that is going to "get to me" is christians and the American christian belief is #1. People in Euroland seem to have gotten over the god virus.....at least where I live. I don't know how I'm going to keep my mouth shut...stop my eyes from rolling...or the passive aggressive sighs that will escape me and hurt the people I love because they believe in something I deem as ridiculous. Reading posts in tot helps me practice at least;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, duderonomy said:

 

You keep insulting most of the people on this site.  

 

I hate to break it to you but this site has thousands of members.  Hundreds of them are active.  You and you five libertarian friends do not make a majority out of hundreds.

 

But when you do see one of your friends insulting me usually you up-vote them so maybe you don't care about insults so much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, duderonomy said:

I just want to throw in my 2 cents worth about the "22 school shootings" so far this year. 

 

I imagine this will make splodey heads splode, but here is an article from Breitbart.   http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2018/05/19/nolte-cnn-spreads-fake-news-22-school-shootings-2018/ and before you knee jerk at my source for this, consider your own sources. 

 

From the article, which links to CNN to show that it's true, here are some of the things CNN considers a "school shooting":

 

A student shot another student with a BB gun in Gloversville Middle School.

A teacher accidentally discharged a gun during a public safety class at Seaside High School, injuring a student.

One person was hospitalized after a shooting at an apartment building on the campus of the University of South Alabama.

Two people were shot to death at a dormitory on the campus of Central Michigan University. The victims were not students and police think the incident stemmed from a domestic situation.

A person was shot in a rec center at Mississippi Valley State University. Police said the person was not a student and the injury was not life-threatening.

A fight led to a shooting in the parking lot of Lincoln High School, fatally wounding a 32-year-old man.

 

Also in the article is a link to an earlier article (February) on PolitiFact which shows much the same things (such as a person committing suicide, with no one else involved or injured) in the parking lot of a closed school counting as a "school shooting".

 

Interesting, huh?  

 

 

Maybe we should only count the school shootings where no less than a hundred people died.  Presto Chango - there are now no school shootings in America or anywhere else in the world.  Neat huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TrueScotsman said:

Conservatives used to support universal healthcare, under Nixon in fact.  Now they have deluded themselves into thinking it is a purely Socialist solution, without consideration to the ecobomic and social costs for our failing healthcare system.  Especially with mental health, basically how it works if that if you don't have money or a supportive family, you become homeless and destitute if you have a serious mental health problem.  Your anecdotal remarks about what you see in America is very accurate, btw, Corporations are doing better but not the people.

 

 

Also Bob Dole ran for president on a healthcare reform platform.  Republicans use to want health care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ann said:

Dude....it is nice in Belgium. But as CB pointed out in a different thread it is not comparable to the US with size alone being a huge factor. I don't think....correct me if I'm wrong TS.....that TS is trying to insult Americans. Just the American attitude. And yes, there is such a thing. I used to have the same attitude...America=#1 in everything. It's annoying and taught to American children...indoctrinated IMO with all of the flag salutes, singing the national anthem at every sporting event, not being taught about other countries in school (do Americans, in general, know where other countries are located on a map?) etc....  The farther I am removed from these things...the weirder they seem to me. I see butthurtness on both sides often in tot...whatever.

Soon, I'll be moving back to the States and the number one American attitude that is going to "get to me" is christians and the American christian belief is #1. People in Euroland seem to have gotten over the god virus.....at least where I live. I don't know how I'm going to keep my mouth shut...stop my eyes from rolling...or the passive aggressive sighs that will escape me and hurt the people I love because they believe in something I deem as ridiculous. Reading posts in tot helps me practice at least;)

 

Move to a large city and you should be fine.  Large cities have a much more cosmopolitan attitude, even the ones in the middle of red states.  There will still be Republicans everywhere you go but they won't have as much power over you in the cities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, duderonomy said:

...and before you knee jerk at my source for this, consider your own sources. 

 

1 hour ago, TrueScotsman said:

Clowns are resorting to Brietbart for their arguments.  Yup.

 

 

1 hour ago, duderonomy said:

From the article, which links to CNN to show that it's true, here are some of the things CNN considers a "school shooting":

 

1 hour ago, TrueScotsman said:

Clowns are resorting to Brietbart for their arguments.  Yup.

 

'Nuff said?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mymistake said:

 

 

Maybe we should only count the school shootings where no less than a hundred people died.  Presto Chango - there are now no school shootings in America or anywhere else in the world.  Neat huh?

 

And that would be different from what CNN did in choosing their criteria how again? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mymistake said:

Move to a large city and you should be fine.  Large cities have a much more cosmopolitan attitude, even the ones in the middle of red states.  There will still be Republicans everywhere you go but they won't have as much power over you in the cities.

Good advice...but I need to move back "home" ....one of the more conservative cities in California. Unfortunately, that is where my family, friends, and love interest is taking me right now. I'll just have to buck up, learn to like country music again, and smile through my teeth a lot....My family and I do have a no religion talk, no politics talk rule so that helps. Recently, my close friends were aghast at my observation that critical thinkers usually ditch religion. They thought I was being condescending because all of my close friends are super intelligent (Dr, pharmacist, mathematician) and I'm the dumb dumb PE teacher.  I'm learning to tread lightly. A skill I have lost living in Europe and need to relearn...fast!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now