Goodbye Jesus

Dollar Planes

Just watching Creflo Dollar's sermon about unbelief.  He says that every sin comes from a lack of belief.  You fornicate because you don't believe that God can sustain your sexual urges.  You don't give because you don't believe that God will sustain you financially.  And on it goes.  What I ask is what was he thinking when he was asking for donations to buy his private plane?  Didn't he believe that God would provide for him, or maybe he should provide for himself?  If John Travolta can afford five planes and a private runway, then Mr. Dollar could certainly get one plane to call his own.  Maybe it would be used, but it would be his.

Just talking here, but I'm not surprised that another preacher catches himself with his own hippocracy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 1989 said:

Just watching Creflo Dollar's sermon about unbelief.  He says that every sin comes from a lack of belief.  You fornicate because you don't believe that God can sustain your sexual urges.  You don't give because you don't believe that God will sustain you financially.  And on it goes.  What I ask is what was he thinking when he was asking for donations to buy his private plane?  Didn't he believe that God would provide for him, or maybe he should provide for himself?  If John Travolta can afford five planes and a private runway, then Mr. Dollar could certainly get one plane to call his own.  Maybe it would be used, but it would be his.

Just talking here, but I'm not surprised that another preacher catches himself with his own hippocracy.

Well, he's right about one thing. I don't believe God can sustain my sexual urges.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Buy a jet for me and God will end your poverty.  Expanding on that premise is bound to lead to nonsense.

He says what he needs to say to get people to send him money. He might even believe it since his own life works that way.

On a semi-related note, I read earlier that Jessie Duplantis is looking for $64 million for a bigger plane because he's tired of paying for refueling costs.  Wait.  He's not tired of it, God's tired of it, apparently.  He even admitted that he didn't know where to get the money for it, but said that God told him he needed it, but not to worry about how to pay for it.  If he's not worried, then why turn to the flock to hand over their cash?  Doesn't God provide?  And what is it with planes?  Expensive planes.  Are those the new status symbol?  All I know is that I'm definitely behind the curve here.

• 2 weeks later...

God doesn't provide planes.  The proof is jesus just flew up into the sky without one.

mwc

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...
  • Super Moderator

Y'all are just too caught up in the physical realm and don't understand the spiritual plane at all.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2018 at 5:49 PM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Y'all are just too caught up in the physical realm and don't understand the spiritual plane at all.

That was just terrible.  Is that anything like the Soul Plane?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_Plane

• 3 months later...

Hey look if god can suck my *redacted* to satisfy my sexual urges then by all means “god” have at it, I present it. Until then, xtians need to shut up.