Sign in to follow this  
nivek

Arizona Is Planning For Exodus to State in Event of Major Calif. Quake

Interesting. I had not considered where survivors of any major catastrophic set of events would go 'after'.

Arizona Is Planning For Exodus to State in Event of Major Calif. Quake

Published at 8:23 AM PDT on May 18, 2018 | Updated 54 minutes ago

Government agencies, businesses and other organizations in Arizona plan to participate in an exercise to practice how the state would respond to a migration of 400,000 people following a catastrophic earthquake in Southern California.

The Arizona Department of Emergency and Military Affairs says participants in the National Mass Care

Exercise in the coming week will tackle how to organize operations such as providing food, shelter and medical services.

The department says its planning for the exercise has been underway for nearly a year.

The State Emergency Operations Center in Phoenix along with many county, tribal and municipal emergency operations centers will activate during the exercise to test activation procedures and staff training.

..snippage, follow above URL for contents and ads

kL

I thought we were supposed to just sort of break-off and drift away out into the ocean?

mwc

• Haha 1

Well there aren't that many roads from LA to AZ. If we get The Big One, the highways will be so packed that it will be one 370-mile parking lot between LA and Phoenix. So perhaps their numbers are a little high. Glad they are thinking about it, though. What they should do is get Joe Arpaio to stand at the border. Even though he's not sheriff any more, one look at him and we Calif. liberals would more than likely make u-turns and head back to the rubble.

8 hours ago, mwc said:

I thought we were supposed to just sort of break-off and drift away out into the ocean?

mwc

We are suppose to break off, tip over at a 45 degree angle and then sink into the ocean.    :ezhappydead:

5 hours ago, mymistake said:

We are suppose to break off, tip over at a 45 degree angle and then sink into the ocean.    :ezhappydead:

Well, that's no good either.  I feel my cartoons have all lied to me.

mwc

I couldn't find my old college geology texts but I found something very close.  It's like this:

1.jpg

Now, I don't know if they've got the facial features quite right but you can tell from the exclamations that something is certainly going on there.  I think there may even be one or more exclamations missing from this level event.  But as you can plainly see California breaks away on the state line and drifts off into the ocean.  This much is clear.

mwc

• Like 1

California has been on the verge of breaking off, sinking or otherwise disappearing since the 1960s, and that's as far back as I can remember. It's still here, so the predictions are starting to look like predictions for the Second Coming, Armageddon, Rapture and alien invasion.

On 5/21/2018 at 9:06 PM, older said:

Well there aren't that many roads from LA to AZ. If we get The Big One, the highways will be so packed that it will be one 370-mile parking lot between LA and Phoenix. So perhaps their numbers are a little high. Glad they are thinking about it, though. What they should do is get Joe Arpaio to stand at the border. Even though he's not sheriff any more, one look at him and we Calif. liberals would more than likely make u-turns and head back to the rubble.

Instead of the 10 to Phoenix I'll just take the 15 to Vegas.  Either one will land me in the new rift ocean that will form once we break off (see my diagram in another post). ;)

mwc

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, florduh said:

California has been on the verge of breaking off, sinking or otherwise disappearing since the 1960s, and that's as far back as I can remember. It's still here, so the predictions are starting to look like predictions for the Second Coming, Armageddon, Rapture and alien invasion.

I thought everyone knew it was a joke.  (Well, chemtrails probably started off as a joke.)  The continental plates move along at the speed of a few millimeters per year.  So it will take several hundred million years before Southern California and Baja California finally become a proper island.  At no point are they expected to lower so the island might take a billion years to erode from rain, if at all.  Earth's features change a lot over the course of a billion years.

4 minutes ago, mymistake said:

I thought everyone knew it was a joke.  (Well, chemtrails probably started off as a joke.)  The continental plates move along at the speed of a few millimeters per year.  So it will take several hundred million years before Southern California and Baja California finally become a proper island.  At no point are they expected to lower so the island might take a billion years to erode from rain, if at all.  Earth's features change a lot over the course of a billion years.

To clarify, I should have said, "it has been rumored" by psychics and such since the 60s. There is no scientific evidence of imminent disaster. Of course the possibility of some dramatic shifts is always there, but the prophets of doom haven't gotten lucky yet.

1 minute ago, florduh said:

To clarify, I should have said, "it has been rumored" by psychics and such since the 60s. There is no scientific evidence of imminent disaster. Of course the possibility of some dramatic shifts is always there, but the prophets of doom haven't gotten lucky yet.

It's all about the interval.  The odds of a 8.0 + quake happening on the San Andreas in the next 200 years is almost 100%.  But if you shorten that interval the odds decline dramatically.  Still some day there will be a big earthquake with plenty of damage.  It's best to be prepared for it but I can't imagine refugees crossing the desert on foot.  Some people would have enough gas in their car to make Arizona but most would need to be helped in California.  Anyplace over a hundred miles away from the epicenter should be okay.

Well it will be interesting when the big one hits San Francisco. The 58-story Millennium Tower, the tallest residential building in town, is already sinking, 16 inches so far, and is tilting 6 inches at the top. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Tower_(San_Francisco)#Sinking_and_tilting_problem

I rode out a 6.6 magnitude earthquake in L.A. many years ago, and we were 5 miles from the epicenter. It was quite a ride. Regardless of the alleged engineering in high rise buildings, I just can't see them escaping damage in a strong quake. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/24/2018 at 10:53 AM, mwc said:

I couldn't find my old college geology texts but I found something very close.  It's like this:

1.jpg

Now, I don't know if they've got the facial features quite right but you can tell from the exclamations that something is certainly going on there.  I think there may even be one or more exclamations missing from this level event.  But as you can plainly see California breaks away on the state line and drifts off into the ocean.  This much is clear.

mwc

The reason there are only two exclamations points on Calif. as it breaks off and floats away is that almost everyone in Calif. is stoned and they just don't care about what's happening.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.