Goodbye Jesus

I'm Still Alive....and a STILL Deconvert

ag_NO_stic

Thank you for sharing, ag-NO-stic.  I too, have made my share of bad choices.  As for your parents bugging you about the "how you survived" in my experience it's all about the details.  Christians like to pretend that God controls the details but that just isn't so.  I'm glad you get to be their "miracle" story and not the "God needed another angel" story.  Hang in there and please keep us updated.  I wish you a speedy recovery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aggy,

Wear your damn seat belt!

There's nothing else there that you need to feel bad about. I'm just glad you're ok.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ag_NO_stic said:

I'm happy to share what happened, as long as you accept what a colossal, self-declared dumbass I am without further ridicule. :P

Look at it this way. Your story will do perpetual good, since I will use it as often as I please to keep my wife in good behavior. 😂

• Haha 1

Another person I knew has a similar accident.  She claimed that she saw angels dancing over her and it reinforced her faith.  Fortunately you're still with us and did not have that reconversion inducing hallucination like her.

• Thanks 1

Aggi,

Damn pleased to find yer hard head worked as His Noodly Appendage Intelligently Designed! 

As my Old Man would say when something stoopid happened "Ya learned not to do that again?" or "That'll feel sooooo much better when pain quits!".  Done my share of inter-cranial impacts with hard surfaces, nothing quit as exciting as yours.

Damn well pleased you are up and going.

kevinL
EMT-Intermediate/FF ret.

• Thanks 1