Christians organizing to push legislative agenda

If Christians are allowed to discriminate against LGBT on religious grounds then perhaps its time to turn atheism into a religion and discriminate against Christians on grounds of our sincerely held beliefs that they are f'ing arseholes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
25 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

If Christians are allowed to discriminate against LGBT on religious grounds then perhaps its time to turn atheism into a religion and discriminate against Christians on grounds of our sincerely held beliefs that they are f'ing arseholes. 

I'm waiting for someone to challenge the "religious freedom" laws that are being passed in just such a way. What's scary is that Trump is packing the courts with right-wing judges who could rule in favor of this crap.

• Like 1
  • Super Moderator

They've been doing this since the Crusades, but I can't remember much before those days. 🤣

The Supreme Court generally gets these things right especially when it comes to human rights, that seems especially true for "liberal Judges". They are appointed for life so I don't think politics plays as big of a role as some seem to think. 

I just don't seem them allowing individual business owners to discriminate and refuse to sell their products or services to "select" clients. That would open the door to wide spread discrimination based on religious beliefs and I don't see the court allowing that. 

Lower courts have ruled in favor of the business owners but I don't see the Supreme Court going along with that. It will be interesting to see how this turns out. 

On 5/26/2018 at 9:42 PM, older said:

Holy shit! Wild, scary stuff!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.