Goodbye Jesus

Cat may be out of the bag...

necrosmith

Okay, someone refresh me here. Why, again, is masterbation wrong?

Okay, someone refresh me here. Why, again, is masterbation wrong?

It's from a story in the OT about a guy with the name Onan.

(Onanism, is a synonym for masturbation, or Coitus interruptus.)

It's in Genesis 38:9.

He's brother dies, and he takes over his brother’s wife, to carry on the family, and he refuses and spills the seed on the ground instead of impregnating her. And God gets angry and kills him. Ergo, masturbating is sinful.

Guest Peyton

Yeah but isn't that more that he was wasteful with his seed rather than masturbation being sinful? That's not directed at you HanSolo just with regard to what the Bible says. I've often wondered about people who don't produce sperm (some genetic disorders like Klinefelter's Syndrome for instance have this characteristic), surely these guys can masturbate all they want?

Guest Peyton

Blimey! I must be a wicked evil sinner then because I'm always at it (masturbation) :wicked:

I do need to get out more :grin:

It's from a story in the OT about a guy with the name Onan.

(Onanism, is a synonym for masturbation, or Coitus interruptus.)

It's in Genesis 38:9.

He's brother dies, and he takes over his brother’s wife, to carry on the family, and he refuses and spills the seed on the ground instead of impregnating her. And God gets angry and kills him. Ergo, masturbating is sinful.

Thanks. So, there's another old cov law that Jesus didn't replace. Damn selective thinking Christians.

Heck, it's not even a law is it? And the LORD saith: If thy stroke thy handle of love, you have done my nature most evil, vile creature; I have not mercy for thy waste of seed. (I made that up.)

Now you got me thinking. Isn't there another story where someone in some king's (Ahaz?) company spilled his seed while transporting the Arc and was then "stroked" down by god?

Or is that same guy?

Yeah but isn't that more that he was wasteful with his seed rather than masturbation being sinful?  That's not directed at you HanSolo just with regard to what the Bible says.  I've often wondered about people who don't produce sperm (some genetic disorders like Klinefelter's Syndrome for instance have this characteristic), surely these guys can masturbate all they want?

No, I totally agree. That bible verse is not really condemning masturbation in my opinion, but that's the verse that's been used in books and teachings against it.

And look it up, onanism (from Onan), is a word for masturbation.

What Onan really did wrong, was that he didn't obey God and impregnated his dead brother’s wife! What kind of moral does that teach us!? Fuck your dead brothers wife, or God will kill you?! Should you do it during the wake, just to be safe? :twitch:

It’s the same as the notion that Sodom and Gomorra was punished for homosexuality, while the bible says:

Ezekiel 16:49-50:

Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fullness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

Some of their sins was pride, fullness of bread, didn’t help the poor and needy and haughty. I think this describes a lot of Churches rather than anything else. So maybe the Church is Sodom and Gomorra, and God wanted to warn us that only freethinkers actually will be saved?

Thanks. So, there's another old cov law that Jesus didn't replace. Damn selective thinking Christians.

Heck, it's not even a law is it?  And the LORD saith: If thy stroke thy handle of love, you have done my nature most evil, vile creature; I have not mercy for thy waste of seed.  (I made that up.)

Now you got me thinking. Isn't there another story where someone in some king's (Ahaz?) company spilled his seed while transporting the Arc and was then "stroked" down by god?

Or is that same guy?

You're probably thinking about the story with one of the guards touched the Arc and God smite him. The arc was too holy to be touched, and only Levites could do it after certain cleansing rituals.

I don't think he touched himself :)

You're probably thinking about the story with one of the guards touched the Arc and God smite him. The arc was too holy to be touched, and only Levites could do it after certain cleansing rituals.

I don't think he touched himself :)

That was a guy who was very devoted to protecting to ark, and during the transport it was about to fall and be damaged or worse, so he did what he had to in order to save it. YAHWEH rewarded him in His usual way...

No good deed ever goes unpunished.

That was a guy who was very devoted to protecting to ark, and during the transport it was about to fall and be damaged or worse, so he did what he had to in order to save it.  YAHWEH rewarded him in His usual way... 

No good deed ever goes unpunished.

That's right, I forgot that he did it to protect the arc from falling and totally break into million pieces.

But I guess the guy went to heaven, so he got to a better place.

I've never been "outed" as an atheist to my family, but I wouldn't lie to them if they asked. It's just sort of a non-issue. It's not like I need to call a family meeting and proclaim my lack of faith. I don't walk into a room and yell "Atheist entering!". If they ask I'll tell em. Atheism isn't really a huge part of my life like how christianity is for others.

I had an uncle call me out of the blue last week. I hadn't seen him in at least 18 years I'd imagine. He had called my sister first and was telling me how he needed to set her straight cause she said she was agnostic. He's a new pentecostal. I didn't feel the need to mention I was straight up atheist, but then he never asked either. It was funny listening to him talk though. he said he doesn't allow Devil's Foodcake in his house nor will he purchase a Dirt Devil vacuum cleaner. Too funny. He mentioned how evil Halloween is and if his daughter wants candy, he'll just go buy it. Slipping it into the convo I mentioned what me my GF and our son was for Halloween last year (knight, princess and a dragon) and then of course his lack of resolve kicked in and said that if his daughter wanted to be a princess or something that'd be okay. He's not too bright.

Oh, I've been caught spankin it before....not too fun.

funny visual there! :lmao:

• 3 weeks later...
That's right, I forgot that he did it to protect the arc from falling and totally break into million pieces.

But I guess the guy went to heaven, so he got to a better place.

Except the Jews didn't believe in heaven, so he was outta luck.

Except the Jews didn't believe in heaven, so he was outta luck.

Damn! It's tough to be a Jew and touching the Arc.

Welcome GD, hope you'll like it here!

I was about 15 at the time and she was okay about things after, in fact I was downstairs and eating dinner about an hour later.  I never forgot the way she looked at me though, she could scold me then without saying a word.  She made me feel as filthy and as lowdown as I've ever felt.  Thankfully, she didn't get to see me ejaculate, only tug!

heehee,

when my wife went to the hospital once, the nurse walked in when she was giving me a BJ.. I didnt know the nurses can just walk in anytime they want, and it was 2 am in the morning... When I left the room about 3 or 4 nurses were standing behind the desk giving me very very dirty looks.