Sign in to follow this  
Joshpantera

16 Personalities, a follow up to L,R, or C

This is sort of a spin off from the Left, Right, or Center thread pinned at the top of the forum. While having fun trying to map out where we all land on political quiz's, the point was made that personality also has a lot to do with some of the political back and forth we get into here in ToT. So by the end of the thread we still have a missing piece of the puzzle to better understanding ourselves, and possibly one another. I'm posting a link to a free personality test below and inviting everyone to join in again and have fun comparing personality types: 

https://www.16personalities.com/

• Thanks 2

https://www.16personalities.com/infp-personality

https://www.16personalities.com/infj-personality

I get each one regularly, but I get infj-t more, I also identify more with infj. Part of my personality, in taking these tests, is that I can see multiple ways of answering the question and then become riddled with indecision lol. 

• Like 2

INTP-T  

Logician

3 hours ago, ToHellWithMe said:

What a little bullshit shit test. Soured my mood.

Why?

7 hours ago, ag_NO_stic said:

https://www.16personalities.com/infp-personality

I get each one regularly, but I get infj-t more, I also identify more with infj. Part of my personality, in taking these tests, is that I can see multiple ways of answering the question and then become riddled with indecision lol. 

I see that you're incline to balance. I can see that coming from your posting. 

4 hours ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

I'm an infj-t as well. I only started learning more about my personality after leaving religion. It has explained so much and helped a lot.  

For lack of a better term, "metoo." 

Figuring out who I am, why I am, is something that had to come post christianity. That's one of the reasons for exploring things like this with everyone. 

ESTJ-A

but I dont agree with the written assessment on some of what they say. 

I have previously thought I was a blend of sentinal types. Oddly the two introvert types have some of my traits and not the other extrovert sentinal

1 hour ago, Eowynesque said:

https://www.16personalities.com/profiles/cbe20bc569021

ENFP-A

Campaigner

I've never tested as an E before.

Interesting. I can see a lot of that from your posting as well. Being the diplomat. Seems pretty on point. 

18 minutes ago, Burnedout said:

ENTJ...I consider myself life's middle finger.  😎

We're pretty close there, at least matching the last three traits. 

1 hour ago, mymistake said:

INTP-T  

Logician

Dam, we're pretty close too. Lined up four out of five. 

I think they nailed me...

ISTJ.jpg

35 minutes ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

Why?

I'm just being edgy. The test failed to surprise or delight me so it is useless and can die.

• Haha 2

image.png.888c6054fd77f188b691f94c8e9720ee.png

No real arguments with this.

Here is what  test and results gave me. Seems fairly accurate.

ISTP.png 

Personality type: “The Virtuoso” (ISTP-A)
Individual traits: Introverted – 51%,

Observant – 53%,

Thinking – 67%,

Prospecting – 82%,

Assertive – 63%
Role: Explorer
Strategy: Confident Individualism

MIND
This trait determines how we interact with our environment.
49%
EXTRAVERTED
51%
INTROVERTED
Introverted individuals prefer solitary activities and get exhausted by social interaction. They tend to be quite sensitive to external stimulation (e.g. sound, sight or smell) in general. Read more
ENERGY
This trait shows where we direct our mental energy.
47%
INTUITIVE
53%
OBSERVANT
Observant individuals are highly practical, pragmatic and down-to-earth. They tend to have strong habits and focus on what is happening or has already happened. Read more
NATURE
This trait determines how we make decisions and cope with emotions.
67%
THINKING
33%
FEELING
Thinking individuals focus on objectivity and rationality, prioritizing logic over emotions. They tend to hide their feelings and see efficiency as more important than cooperation. Read more
TACTICS
This trait reflects our approach to work, planning and decision-making.
18%
82%
PROSPECTING
Prospecting individuals are very good at improvising and spotting opportunities. They tend to be flexible, relaxed nonconformists who prefer keeping their options open. Read more
IDENTITY
This trait underpins all others, showing how confident we are in our abilities and decisions.
63%
ASSERTIVE
37%
TURBULENT
Assertive individuals are self-assured, even-tempered and resistant to stress. They refuse to worry too much and do not push themselves too hard when it comes to achieving goals.

Well, for 1% of the population, the INFJs are winning it here so far :P

2 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

For lack of a better term, "metoo." 

Figuring out who I am, why I am, is something that had to come post christianity. That's one of the reasons for exploring things like this with everyone. 

When I look back on being part of fundamentalism, I realize that the real me was struggling to get out there, and it was partially what was driving me towards leaving the church, due to the amount of dissatisfaction I had socially. A great deal of this was related to personality, and feeling like an oddball (being more intellectual and introverted in a church that was anything but). I judged myself very harshly for years for being "different", for being introverted and gaining no energy or inspiration from social events I found boring and tedious. I still catch myself being critical sometimes, but it happens much less often now that I've accepted who I am, and have come to know my strengths and weaknesses. Although sometimes those weaknesses are staring me right in the face and I don't even realize fully until they are pointed out to me :P(ie letting my feelings colour the whole picture, us INFJs are really good at that). I shouldn't really call them weaknesses, as they can be strengths in some ways, but I wish I had more balance in the scales in some of these areas on the MBTI, as some people here do.

34 minutes ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

Well, for 1% of the population, the INFJs are winning it here so far :P

My girlfriend came out INFJ as well. She's the one who had me take the test in the first place. 

50 minutes ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

When I look back on being part of fundamentalism, I realize that the real me was struggling to get out there, and it was partially what was driving me towards leaving the church, due to the amount of dissatisfaction I had socially. A great deal of this was related to personality, and feeling like an oddball (being more intellectual and introverted in a church that was anything but). I judged myself very harshly for years for being "different", for being introverted and gaining no energy or inspiration from social events I found boring and tedious. I still catch myself being critical sometimes, but it happens much less often now that I've accepted who I am, and have come to know my strengths and weaknesses. Although sometimes those weaknesses are staring me right in the face and I don't even realize fully until they are pointed out to me :P(ie letting my feelings colour the whole picture, us INFJs are really good at that). I shouldn't really call them weaknesses, as they can be strengths in some ways, but I wish I had more balance in the scales in some of these areas on the MBTI, as some people here do.

I did that too. I wound up beating myself up so bad that there's little anyone could do or say to put me down farther than I put myself. And then what happened is that I became some what immune to being put down in the wake of it all.

And then I learned that that gave me a huge advantage over other people who had not become immune to being put down in that way. If I got into a shit slinging match, I could easily withstand the assault, emotionally, while the opponent would completely cave in over my severe counter attacking. I'd tell them everything they didn't know about themselves. And I quite literally ruined some lives over it. I'm ashamed of that now, but it was the fucking church that turned me into that kind of animal for a while. It created a monster. A some what dangerous monster, both physically and mentally. And I've spent the latter part of my life now trying to make amends for it in different ways. I once contacted everyone that I thought I owed an apology, and apologized. Enemies, frienemies, ex girlfrieds, the whole lot. 

I'm apparently part of a minority, some 2% of the population of males. An intellectual minority, who often get and see things that many others simply do not get or see. So I grew up feeling isolated, different, out of place, and always somewhat of a stranger to any given circle of people. At least now I have some solid answers as to why this was the case. I feel somewhat relieved knowing this. It also somewhat explains how I was able to out wit my teachers and school faculty and clergy, as a teenager. And how I had the ability to be so emotionally damaging to others. There's always a dark side involved these things. I apparently found my way to it as a wounded animal.

And then kept going until I found the light at the end of the tunnel. That's why I credit my personal studies of comparative religion and mythology, with a focus on eastern mysticism, to have changed my life. It was very transforming for me. I was able to understand the interplay between light and darkness (duality), the underlying interconnecting factors involved in existing in this universe, and how to better look at the big picture. I needed that sort of intellectual and intuitive scope and depth in my life. I couldn't get that far out of the box within christianity, nor through old fashioned materialistic views. I need much more than that to flourish as an individual.

• Thanks 1

Like Josh, Disillusioned and several others I am an INTJ-A... with some serious introversion! I'm closer to Disillusioned as we both share the -A "Confident Individualism" strategy. https://www.16personalities.com/articles/strategies-confident-individualism 

Ryan Personality Type mini.jpg

The write up on my type pretty well reflects me. In some places it doesn't, but that's to be expected when you have a general summary of a population.

https://www.16personalities.com/intj-conclusion

INTJ's make up only 2.1% of the population. ENTJ's are at 1.8%, and INFJ's are 1.5%. 

https://www.careerplanner.com/MB2/TypeInPopulation.cfm

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.