Goodbye Jesus

Christian manipulation

Anushka

While I was a Christian, I was taught at church that God and Bible wants us to pray, believe, read the Bible, speak the word out of your mouth, tithe and blah blah bladidoo so God will answer your prayers and do what you want.

But, now I realize this is just manipulation. Using certain methods to try to tailor a specific end result.

Christians use all these methods to control other people's lives as well.

Yet Christians criticize other religions such as Harry Potter 😂 saying it is from the Devil and is witchcraft....

But, isn't Christian prayers and Bible reciting out of your mouth to influence the "spiritual realm" the same as spells????

I remember my pastor saying how he doesn't give trick or treat to kids on Halloween as Halloween is from the Devil.

Hmm...

What do you think my fellow minions?

• Like 1

Former xtian minion MOHO checking in ...

Tools and tricks to get the masses to self-indoctrinate so the church leaders and the Moral Majority can have money and power.

"Stand up!"

"Sit down!"

"Put the money in the basket!"

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Anushka said:

While I was a Christian, I was taught at church that God and Bible wants us to pray, believe, read the Bible, speak the word out of your mouth, tithe and blah blah bladidoo so God will answer your prayers and do what you want.

But, now I realize this is just manipulation. Using certain methods to try to tailor a specific end result.

Christians use all these methods to control other people's lives as well.

Yet Christians criticize other religions such as Harry Potter 😂 saying it is from the Devil and is witchcraft....

But, isn't Christian prayers and Bible reciting out of your mouth to influence the "spiritual realm" the same as spells????

I remember my pastor saying how he doesn't give trick or treat to kids on Halloween as Halloween is from the Devil.

Hmm...

What do you think my fellow minions?

Prayer = witchcraft.

8 minutes ago, MOHO said:

Former xtian minion MOHO checking in ...

Tools and tricks to get the masses to self-indoctrinate so the church leaders and the Moral Majority can have money and power.

"Stand up!"

"Sit down!"

"Put the money in the basket!"

It puts the money in the basket or it gets the sermon again ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Christianity is very good at "shoulding" all over us. 💩

20 minutes ago, midniterider said:

It puts the money in the basket or it gets the sermon again ....

#micdrop

Best laugh all day!!!! :17:

1 hour ago, Anushka said:

This is not surprising and is fairly representative of the propaganda many Christian sects (cults?) peddle.

But, now I realize this is just manipulation. Using certain methods to try to tailor a specific end result.  Christians use all these methods to control other people's lives as well.

Good.  You understand this intellectually.  Do you understand it emotionally?  The emotional part usually takes a bit longer to mature.

Yet Christians criticize other religions such as Harry Potter 😂 saying it is from the Devil and is witchcraft.

Two things here:

1)  Most (nearly all) Christians are taught to avoid other groups that do not believe as they do, to shun them and to vilify them.  Xenophobia 101 is a standard message and the leaders of the particular Christian sect (cult?), as well as many members, attempt to shame, compel, punish, etc. members who do not adhere to this teaching.

2)  Harry Potter is a character is a fictional story.  That fictional environment is not a religion.  Many folks simply enjoy the literature, the cleverness of author JK Rowling, the quality of the writing, the moral and life lessons presented and explored, among many other things.  It is not from any devil.  It was written by a human being... a quite talented yet quite ordinary human being.

The Harry Potter literature is attacked, strawmanned and hated by many Christians because...guess what...it runs contrary to their religious indoctrination.  It's an example of Xenophobia 101, and the related hate, fear, avoidance and vilification, in practice.

Perhaps.  So what?  That is fiction just like Harry Potter.  Consider avoiding personal analysis of Christian dogma.  You already know intellectually it is replete with primitive, shallow and obsolete nonsense.  Also consider enjoying life instead of worrying about what those infected with the Christian God Virus say or do.  They are the ones with the problem.  Not you.

That would be his dysfunctional issue, not yours.  Ignore him.  

Do something else with your time.  Perhaps read the Harry Potter series, or the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings, or the Dune series (17 rather long books).  Just for fun and adventure.

• Thanks 1

The Bible (and Judaism) has a lot of what appears to be witchcraft, such as Jacob with the genetic manipulation of sheep breeding through placing various kinds of tree branches near them; Elijah floating a lost ax head by tossing in a branch; Jesus rubbing mud and spit into a man's eyes to cause him to see; various prophets interactions with god like Gideon's fleece or the other guy that buried a belt that became moldy. What the flying f*ck does that have to do with the power of God vs ooga booga magic or natural results of burying something in dirt?

If prayer is witchcraft, it doesn't work very well. God always has a secret "better plan", especially if you need something physical like healing or rent money. He regularly does not answer the prayers of his faithful, and they are so very eager to excuse his failures as deep wisdom instead of non-existence.

• Thanks 1

I imagine searching for "sympathetic magic" and "judaism" might turn up some results.

mwc