Goodbye Jesus

Citing the Bible

Anushka

That quote belongs on billboards throughout the entirety of Douglas County (also known as 'DougTucky') Oregon and possibly the deep, and not so deep,  South.

• Like 1

Deeply indoctrinated minds do not process information that challenges their beliefs rationally or logically. They tend to just ignore such information. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Geezer said:

Deeply indoctrinated minds do not process information that challenges their beliefs rationally or logically. They tend to just ignore such information. 

It really is like Westworld (the new one) where anything that seems dangerous to the faith doesn't get processed but is ignored like it isn't even there.

1: "What do you make of this?"

2: "That doesn't look like anything to me."

1: "What's behind that door?"

2: "What door?"

I remember the times I would hear something that disturbed me, and immediately others would tell me to "trust the love I've already felt", and I would shelve the new information instead of considering that I might have been tricked. When I finally was willing to question, it really did feel physically like I was on the edge of a cliff and I squirmed like I was about to fall off the edge. Faith tells them that it is critical for their survival, so even the obvious ties to blatant myths are ignored as soon as the believer senses a danger to the faith.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1