Goodbye Jesus

Oh, the Irony...

I was watching one of the local church broadcasts this morning and the preacher that was on at the time stated that mob rule and groupthink was always wrong.  Of course he's not thinking about the impact of religion and its prevalence in modern society, especially here in rural Kentucky, just whatever he's projecting onto non-religious non-conservative sources.

Then again, he's the same preacher that I saw months ago saying that if a liberal will kill a baby in it's mother's womb then they'll kill Christians too.  Man's got a more so than usual persecution complex.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 1989 said:

I was watching one of the local church broadcasts this morning and the preacher that was on at the time stated that mob rule and groupthink was always wrong.  Of course he's not thinking about the impact of religion and its prevalence in modern society, especially here in rural Kentucky, just whatever he's projecting onto non-religious non-conservative sources.

Then again, he's the same preacher that I saw months ago saying that if a liberal will kill a baby in it's mother's womb then they'll kill Christians too.  Man's got a more so than usual persecution complex.

One of my pet peeves is a egomaniacal and authoritarian evangelical pastor criticizing other churches (Catholics, etc.) as being tyrannical and authoritarian! People really are blind to their own hypocrisy. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, DestinyTurtle said:

One of my pet peeves is a egomaniacal and authoritarian evangelical pastor criticizing other churches (Catholics, etc.) as being tyrannical and authoritarian! People really are blind to their own hypocrisy. 

Some time ago I was in a mainstream church and the minister and some folks in the congregation started making negative remarks about another branch of that church. I came within a breath of walking out. If it had continued for even another fifteen seconds I would have.

• Like 1

I was taking a comparative religion course recently from the local college and students there had to be reminded that Catholics, despite opinions to the contrary, were in fact Christians too.

• Super Moderator

We live in the Age of Irony. Christians promote war and the death penalty but are against abortion and then claim they are pro life. Faithful followers of competing religions want to kill each other in the name of what is purportedly the same god. Warmongering, imperialist regimes criticize other countries as being warmongering and imperialist regimes. It's a crazy world!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, 1989 said:

Groupthink is always wrong...unless the group is thinking about tithing.

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, midniterider said:

Groupthink is always wrong...unless the group is thinking about tithing.

...even then it's only right about 10% of the time.

• Haha 1