Jump to content
ContraBardus

Guess Who's Dead Now II: The Resurrection.

Recommended Posts

Couldn't find the old one and it seems it didn't survive "the incident" with ToT not long ago.

 

Anyway, new thread...

 

Doo-wop singer Eugene Pitt has passed.

 

The name probably isn't familiar, but any US kid that grew up in the 80s or 90s will know his voice. He's the guy who sang the "Nickelodeon Jingle" on the US based kids network.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aretha is a Memphis icon. A great lady & a fabulous talent. She will be missed. If there is a heaven it's rock'n now. :beer:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuckstain MkPain, AKA John McCain will no longer be babbling into his breakfast cereal any time further.

 

Words within his former Naval aviation fellows that there will be a single Zuni rocket in which his ashes will be fitted and accidentally self immolated, thus joining his crewmates injured and killed aboard USS Forrestal in 1967.

 

kL

kpain.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SkipNChurch said:

Fuckstain MkPain, AKA John McCain will no longer be babbling into his breakfast cereal any time further.

 

Words within his former Naval aviation fellows that there will be a single Zuni rocket in which his ashes will be fitted and accidentally self immolated, thus joining his crewmates injured and killed aboard USS Forrestal in 1967.

 

kL

kpain.png

 

I read somewhere that his tumor is now free of cancer! Ha-ha! :lmao:

 

lanc5AZ.jpg

 

https://g.redditmedia.com/8UTR58U4fOw_2MbVZtfpR3zd5j0GGw6DeVJxQBGa1G0.gif?w=600&fm=mp4&mp4-fragmented=false&s=03d2a08e2eaf3804971d57b0ec00725f

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2018 at 12:38 AM, Fweethawt said:

 

tenor.gif?itemid=8186848

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Burnedout said:

 

Never trust anyone fully or take anyone's word at face value, but in this case the cited sources in the Snopes article check out. It seems to be a reliable debunking of the story that McCain caused the fire.

 

This is why citations matter and should not be glossed over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2018 at 9:38 PM, Fweethawt said:

Good riddance to rubbish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fweethawt said:

R.I.P., Bandit! 

 

... and Hooper.

 

...and Turd Ferguson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gary Kurtz Producer of Star Wars.

 

and...

 

Al Mathews. The Marine Sgt. from Aliens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2018 at 4:05 PM, ContraBardus said:

Gary Kurtz Producer of Star Wars.

 

and...

 

Al Mathews. The Marine Sgt. from Aliens.

 

I guess Kurtz went down with the ship? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joshpantera said:

 

I guess Kurtz went down with the ship? 

 

A bit soon to call that.

 

If Episode XI does as badly as Solo I'll consider that true.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2018 at 11:56 PM, ContraBardus said:

 

A bit soon to call that.

 

If Episode XI does as badly as Solo I'll consider that true.

Really soon considering episode 11 isn't even in the plans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fweethawt said:

Really soon considering episode 11 isn't even in the plans.

 

That was an obvious typo on my part and it should have been IX...

 

However, it's adorable that you think that "episode 11 isn't even in the plans".

 

Of course it is. They haven't announced it, but there's no way that Episode 11 isn't part of the plans going forward.

 

Disney wants Star Wars to have the same kind of cycle Marvel movies do and bring in the same levels of money.

 

"The plan" is for episode XX and beyond.

 

Also, considering her previous track record, it might indeed take IX, X, and XI failing to be rid of her.

 

If that happens, the takeaway might not be "she sucks at making these movies" but rather "people don't want anymore Star Wars movies". Disney [and Hollywood in general] doesn't exactly have a great track record for learning the right lessons when things like that happen.

 

It would already have been a good investment regardless, as they've already more than made their money back on buying the franchise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2018 at 5:35 AM, Fweethawt said:

Really soon considering episode 11 isn't even in the plans.

     Not so.  Rian Johnson is behind the next trilogy.  I thought this was common knowledge?  I'm expecting it to be TLJ of trilogies (I want to be wrong on this).  Anyhow, just Google it and you'll get any number of results that will tell you about it.

 

          mwc

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mwc said:

     Not so.  Rian Johnson is behind the next trilogy.  I thought this was common knowledge?  I'm expecting it to be TLJ of trilogies (I want to be wrong on this).  Anyhow, just Google it and you'll get any number of results that will tell you about it.

 

          mwc

 

Actually, the dudes that do Game of Thrones are set to do the next trilogy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Fweethawt said:

Actually, the dudes that do Game of Thrones are set to do the next trilogy.

     You should recheck that.  Rian Johnson is doing the mainline trilogy.  The guys you're talking about were in line to do other things.

 

          mwc

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mwc said:

     You should recheck that.  Rian Johnson is doing the mainline trilogy.  The guys you're talking about were in line to do other things.

 

          mwc

 

 

There's no indication it will be a main timeline film. It's only been said that the project will be "a trilogy".

 

In fact, it's been specifically said that it won't be connected to the main films and will take place in a different era and place. So it is very unlikely it will be a "numbered" Star Wars movie and will likely be a separate thing, but also not a direct spin off like most of the other Star Wars film projects that may or may not be happening. It's not a Boba Fett or Kenobi movie, or anything like Solo or Rogue One.

 

It's also not exactly guaranteed to be happening. While it hasn't been announced as officially canceled, there have been a lot of rumors that it's not doing well and not likely to actually happen, how much that has anything to do with TLJ or not is unknown.

 

It's probably something along the lines of an "Old Republic" trilogy and will be its own thing separate from the main timeline franchise movies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ContraBardus said:

 

There's no indication it will be a main timeline film. It's only been said that the project will be "a trilogy".

 

In fact, it's been specifically said that it won't be connected to the main films and will take place in a different era and place. So it is very unlikely it will be a "numbered" Star Wars movie and will likely be a separate thing, but also not a direct spin off like most of the other Star Wars film projects that may or may not be happening. It's not a Boba Fett or Kenobi movie, or anything like Solo or Rogue One.

 

It's also not exactly guaranteed to be happening. While it hasn't been announced as officially canceled, there have been a lot of rumors that it's not doing well and not likely to actually happen, how much that has anything to do with TLJ or not is unknown.

 

It's probably something along the lines of an "Old Republic" trilogy and will be its own thing separate from the main timeline franchise movies.

     Fair enough.  People have reported as much.  See here for example.  There seems to be some movement away from this position and more speculation of this as a sideline trilogy after TLJ.  I would say they're sticking to their guns regarding to that movie so I wouldn't say the negative backlash would sink anyone or any projects surrounding it.  They are clearly rethinking the entire Star Wars strategy though.

 

          mwc

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2018 at 10:36 PM, mwc said:

They are clearly rethinking the entire Star Wars strategy though.

 

Social Justice Wars

 

Coming to a theater near you. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.