Sign in to follow this  
ContraBardus

Guess Who's Dead Now II: The Resurrection.

Star Wars Actor Peter Mayhew. He was Chewbacca in every movie up until now in the franchise. Though he didn't play the entire role in the more recent films due to his age and health issues, he always appeared in the less demanding scenes as the character.

spacer.png

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, ContraBardus said:

Star Wars Actor Peter Mayhew. He was Chewbacca in every movie up until now in the franchise. Though he didn't play the entire role in the more recent films due to his age and health issues, he always appeared in the less demanding scenes as the character.

spacer.png

Briefly met him at a Star Wars Weekends.  Have a pic with him and got an autograph.  He was tall and nice as advertised.

mwc

4 hours ago, mwc said:

Briefly met him at a Star Wars Weekends.  Have a pic with him and got an autograph.  He was tall and nice as advertised.

mwc

Can confirm. I've met him a handful of times at various cons over the years. He was always charming and kind.

I've also had him reply to a comment of mine on Reddit.

You can go through is comment history there and see just what kind of guy he was. A real class act that was always ready with words of encouragement and a cheerful disposition.

His last post was a cheerful greeting to someone who simply said hello.

https://www.reddit.com/user/PeterMayhew

Actress and singer Doris Day.

• Sad 2

No one got Tim Conway yet? 

On 5/13/2019 at 4:28 PM, ContraBardus said:

Actress and singer Doris Day.

One of my early crushes, along with Debbie Reynolds. 

I remember my mom seeing Doris and Rock Hudson snuggling on Doris' daytime show and exclaiming "Why don't they just get married?!" Well... if I had even suggested that the well known movie hunk was not seen with any women outside of movies, I'd have been sent to my room. But they were very sweet together in films. I've raised some eyebrows snuggling with a local lady singer, but she's gay and monogamous. We just like to flirt a lot for fun, and she's one of my dearest friends. 

Grumpy Cat has died.

spacer.png

I can't support professional wrestling on any level anymore because they don't take care of their people and deny any responsibility for the toll it takes on their performers.

This death is just yet another tragic example of it.

They abuse legal loopholes that they aren't even really entitled to use to horrific levels of disgusting behaviors. It has been especially bad since the WWE effectively became a monopoly in the industry.

The former WWF and current WWE are ten times worse than the NFL has ever been. The mortality rates of former wrestlers is staggering.

The amount of former wrestling stars that have had to resort to crowdfunding to help pay for their medical expenses is downright disturbing.

Vince is a garbage human being. He's even more evil than the character he plays in the ring. I will never give that man another dime as long as I live.

It's a shame, because pro wrestling was such a big part of my childhood. I can't even stomach watching it anymore, and it has nothing to do with the camp or silliness of the events themselves or any superficial reasons like that. I can't in good consience do anything to promote or support it anymore.

Dr. John New Orleans music legend and inspiration for the Dr. Teeth Muppet character.

Also, OG Mouseketeer Dennis Day.

Max Wright

Most famous for his role as the Dad on 80s puppet sitcom "ALF".

Actor Rip Torn dead at 88.

Rutger Hauer of Blade Runner, Nighthawks, Ladyhawke

19 July 2019

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rutger_Hauer

(seriously, they describe his Blade Runner character as a "self-aware android". Watch the damn movie already...)

Peter Fonda

and on a lighter note...

David Koch

On 8/23/2019 at 8:28 AM, ContraBardus said:

and on a lighter note...

David Koch

Saw a blurb wishing the Koch family a speedy reunion. 😆 Cold...

Comedian Rip Taylor the "King of Confetti" has passed.

Actor and Comedian John WItherspoon, most famous for his role as the father in the Friday movies.

On 10/6/2019 at 10:45 PM, ContraBardus said:

Comedian Rip Taylor the "King of Confetti" has passed.

RIP Taylor.......

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.