Goodbye Jesus

Fundy Music Force Fed

Stamps1962

WTF is it about damn Xtians? They all seem to think we just love to hear their crappy damn music. 

We had a cookout for the Fourth today. Usually the family sits outside doing the cooking, we open a few beers, socialize and enjoy the day.Today our neighbors have loud music from some Christian station plying from their deck. They are not even outside. In fact i don't think they are even home. They left this music playing loudly, you can hear it 2-3 houses away.  We had to cut short our time outside and go eat inside. Otherwise was 40 decibels of songs about the 'blood of Jesus' etc.  

I know they are like this. I just do not get it. Why be such a pain in the ass to your neighbors? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

No sense of boundary + supreme sense of superiority and entitlement = "We know what's good for you more than you do"

• Like 4

It was just past noon when we decided to retreat back into the house. I just went outside, the music is still playing. still loud.  All their cars appear gone. Guess they went off to some picnic in Fudyworld while leaving their music playing as a testimony to their lost neighbors. 

I wanted to call the cops with a noise complaint. .My wife doesn't want to, thinks it will make things bad, etc. It just occurred to me that they may still have this stuff going tonight when we want to sit out and look at fireworks.   

It's a divorced mom with three teenage kids. She is a director of some 'pro life' pregnancy counseling group. Her Facebook page has an animated picture of souls falling into Hell.  They have an entire wall of their living room decorated with crucifixes. You get the picture. 

Pipe back some non-controversial, impressive and content instrumental music at 45 dB, perhaps a Mozart symphony, Bach's Brandenburg Concertos or a Vivaldi Concerto Grosso.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stamps1962 said:

WTF is it about damn Xtians? They all seem to think we just love to hear their crappy damn music. 

We had a cookout for the Fourth today. Usually the family sits outside doing the cooking, we open a few beers, socialize and enjoy the day.Today our neighbors have loud music from some Christian station plying from their deck. They are not even outside. In fact i don't think they are even home. They left this music playing loudly, you can hear it 2-3 houses away.  We had to cut short our time outside and go eat inside. Otherwise was 40 decibels of songs about the 'blood of Jesus' etc.  

I know they are like this. I just do not get it. Why be such a pain in the ass to your neighbors? 

They do this because they KNOW that when you hear the criity crap you will fall to your knees praising jebuss and THEY will be secured a place in fundy valhalla. 

Crank up the Mendelssohn Midsummer Night's Dream stuff and make sure they know it's about a Pagan wedding.

90 db past the pain threshold should just about do it.

• Like 1

If the speakers are outside, check to see if they're hardwired or if they have a plug connection. Don't do anything about that the first time you check.

Have a chat with the homeowner at the next conveniently casual opportunity, and ask her to turn off the stereo when she's not home.

If it happens again when she's out, go over and unplug the speakers. Easy peasy.

If she complains, tell her this isn't an issue about rejecting her religious beliefs, it's about common decency as a neighbor.

• Like 2

Well it's after 6 PM now and finally the music is off. 

One thing I wanted to do was set out my internet radio and tune it to the 'Holy Koran' channel in Saudi Arabia. All that sing song chanting that drives Fundies wild.  Saving that for next time. There will be one.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, sdelsolray said:

Pipe back some non-controversial, impressive and content instrumental music at 45 dB, perhaps a Mozart symphony, Bach's Brandenburg Concertos or a Vivaldi Concerto Grosso.

I was going to suggest some heavy metal songs... Evil Has a Price, Hard Rock Hallelujah or some such :D 

• Like 1

I sympathise. I have had crappy neighbours in the past.....

While I DO NOT suggest you do this, I wanted to share......

I used to work with a guy whose brother had a bad neighbour. Next door would play loud music at all hours, basically they didn't give a hoot by the sound of things. The guy complained to the police, to the council, etc, to no avail......

Eventually he went round with a baseball bat, smashed his way in (while they were at home) and smashed their stereo in, in front of them.....

They behaved themselves afterwards.........    

• Like 1

Crank this. Then negotiate a truce. 

btw... these guys are NOT serious if it bothers you. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Castiel233 said:

I sympathise. I have had crappy neighbours in the past.....

While I DO NOT suggest you do this, I wanted to share......

I used to work with a guy whose brother had a bad neighbour. Next door would play loud music at all hours, basically they didn't give a hoot by the sound of things. The guy complained to the police, to the council, etc, to no avail......

Eventually he went round with a baseball bat, smashed his way in (while they were at home) and smashed their stereo in, in front of them.....

They behaved themselves afterwards.........    

And the guy.... did he get arrested?

On 7/4/2018 at 12:22 PM, Stamps1962 said:

Where is their circuit breaker box located?

On 7/4/2018 at 1:36 PM, Stamps1962 said:

It was just past noon when we decided to retreat back into the house. I just went outside, the music is still playing. still loud.  All their cars appear gone. Guess they went off to some picnic in Fudyworld while leaving their music playing as a testimony to their lost neighbors. 

I wanted to call the cops with a noise complaint. .My wife doesn't want to, thinks it will make things bad, etc. It just occurred to me that they may still have this stuff going tonight when we want to sit out and look at fireworks.   

It's a divorced mom with three teenage kids. She is a director of some 'pro life' pregnancy counseling group. Her Facebook page has an animated picture of souls falling into Hell.  They have an entire wall of their living room decorated with crucifixes. You get the picture. 

Maybe leave a note on their front door that says, "Turn your fucking music down."

On 7/4/2018 at 4:32 PM, Stamps1962 said:

Well it's after 6 PM now and finally the music is off. 

One thing I wanted to do was set out my internet radio and tune it to the 'Holy Koran' channel in Saudi Arabia. All that sing song chanting that drives Fundies wild.  Saving that for next time. There will be one.. 

"Highway to Hell - ACDC"  - lol

On 7/4/2018 at 7:40 PM, Burnedout said:

Crank up some AC/DC Highway to Hell and You Shook Me All Night Long.  While you're at it, play some Back in Black.  Play it LOUD!

LoL...ya beat me to it.

23 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

And the guy.... did he get arrested?

From memory I recall the police being called but don’t recall if he was arrested. They dropped the matter when they found out how much he’d been pushed. The council gave the music makers a stern warning that any more noise then they’d be evicted .

• Super Moderator
On 7/4/2018 at 10:40 PM, Burnedout said:

Crank up some AC/DC Highway to Hell and You Shook Me All Night Long.  While you're at it, play some Back in Black.  Play it LOUD!

Fuck that.  Break out some Pantera or Lamb of God.  Hell maybe even a bit of Anthrax; or, my favorite, Stormtroopers of Death.

4 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Fuck that.  Break out some Pantera or Lamb of God.  Hell maybe even a bit of Anthrax; or, my favorite, Stormtroopers of Death.

So does "Speak English or Die" apply to Catholic liturgy? 😉

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, 1989 said:

So does "Speak English or Die" apply to Catholic liturgy? 😉

Haha!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2018 at 3:31 PM, DestinyTurtle said:

No sense of boundary + supreme sense of superiority and entitlement = "We know what's good for you more than you do"

We need to pay attention to not fall into this same trap as secularist's, as well. It can be easy to do sometimes. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

We need to pay attention to not fall into this same trap as secularist's, as well. It can be easy to do sometimes. 

That is completely true. In my experience this is especially true of the volatile period immediately following deconversion, where the deconvert holds non-Xian beliefs but holds more Xian attitudes than he/she knows. It's so easy to be filled with self-righteous rage and tell other people how to be... maybe it gives us a kind of a substitute security in place of a real one, much like it does for non Xians.

I'm trying to learn to be ok with the fact that there is nothing to prove.

That's not to say I don't enjoy a good, well-argued takedown of Xian dogmas, especially when it comes from a place of patience and cool-headed reasoning :)

• Like 3

On 7/4/2018 at 3:22 PM, Stamps1962 said:

We have some quickie mart stores down here that play christian music around the clock. It's kind of annoying. I don't know if the Arab's and Hindu's are converts, or just trying to keep the rednecks off guard by playing christian music. It's hard to say. But there's one in Venice Beach that is clearly trying to "witness" to customers. It sounds like your neighbors think they're witnessing to everyone. 

I still like some Christian Contemporary Music.  I love Project 86, though they've become more preachy as of their last few albums.  Other random bands include Black Veil Brides, The Crucified, Dead Poetic, The Deal, Dogwood, MXPX, Outer Circle and others that I can't remember.  I just can't shake a good beat I guess, even if the lyrics make me cringe sometimes.

On 7/21/2018 at 8:02 AM, 1989 said:

Black Veil Brides

That is not a Christian band.