ExPCA

Ordained by god or licensed to be an asshole?

Why are all elders and pastors creepy as shit?

PLEASE EXCUSE THE ANNOYING COMMERCIAL BREAKS IN THE CONVERSATION:

As with everything these days, the cost of keeping the Ex-C forum up and running has been rising. Inflation? In part, but the primary reason is this: As participation in the forums grows, costs increase. The Ex-C forums will remain free of charge to everyone, but if you believe this little corner of the Internet provides value to you or others, and you feel inclined to help keep us online, please consider making a one-time donation or becoming a regular contributor. Contribution options appear under the "Upgrade" link above, and can be accessed by clicking here.

Oh, and as an incentive (no, you won't be given any bogus promises of eternal bliss), if you do become a regular contributor by signing up for any monthly or yearly patron package, this annoying ADVO will disappear.

And now, back to the regularly scheduled conversation...

2 hours ago, ExPCA said:

They aren't creepy, in fact they are wonderful God fearing folk........in the eyes of those that have been infected by the God virus. :wacko:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ExPCA said:

Creeper's seem to love those positions. Sort of like many bat shit crazies often wanting to major in psychology. I've seen enough of each to see the parallels. 

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't say all of them are but there does seem to be an overwhelming percentage.  Is this the cream rising to the top or just the foamy head of xianity?

mwc

• Thanks 1

I can relate. My church in college had a guy who preached reformed doctrine by day, and sent flowers and love letters to a woman not his wife by night. Mind you, this wasn't an ill-fated, unplanned one-night stand. This was active and persistent courtship by a pastor with a wife and kids.

Ironically, the most normal pastor I met was my PCA church's pastor in grad school. He and I would go to the bar every week after church and talk theology.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, mwc said:

I wouldn't say all of them are but there does seem to be an overwhelming percentage.  Is this the cream rising to the top or just the foamy head of xianity?

mwc

I remember in chemistry classes being told that the scum floats to the top. 😁 

• Haha 4

They act robotic. Most people act a little different in church and in private, but they turn it up to the max.

• Sad 1

Why do you need a license to be an asshole?  Plenty of people are one without a license.  I protest!  Assholes should not be licensed! :Hmm:

4 hours ago, Burnedout said:

Why do you need a license to be an asshole?  Plenty of people are one without a license.  I protest!  Assholes should not be licensed! :Hmm:

A barrier to entry on the asshole profession?

10 minutes ago, Lucy said:

A barrier to entry on the asshole profession?

I kind of always seen it as a charity.  ;)

🎵Counting all the assholes in the room, well I'm definitely not alone...🎵

The further a person gets from religion it becomes more and more obvious how absurd & rediculous it truly is. Such as the reality that Christianity is dependent upon the creation story in Genesis being literally true & historically accurate. If there is no Adam & Eve then there is no original sin, and without Adam's sin there is no need for Jesus. And without Jesus Christianity doesn't exist.

So, an obvious and unbelievable myth is the only thing that supports the Christian religion. It's no wonder a literal interpretation of the bible is required for Christianity survival. It's also no wonder that Christianty requires indoctrination & brainwashing to convince people the Bible is literally true & historically accurate. 

The same could be said of all religions though.

• Like 2

Geezer, I agree with you.

How do you explain about the 'no Adam & Eve' statement?

So many people tend to believe that Adam and Eve truly existed as the first people.

55 minutes ago, Geezer said:

The further a person gets from religion it becomes more and more obvious how absurd & rediculous it truly is.

I have recently found the same to be true of relationships.  I recently had a relationship end that I thought was my world and my passion.  It seemed the most perfect and natural thing.  Now, a few months on, a new perspective dawns and I wonder how I put so much stock in that person.  It is much the same as deconversion, swallowing the red pill, removing the blinders/wool from my eyes... however you choose to phrase it.

Don't know why this struck me as relevant, or why I felt like sharing it now.  I suppose I'm still a work in progress.  god isn't done with me yet.  😄

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Karna said:

Geezer, I agree with you.

How do you explain about the 'no Adam & Eve' statement?

So many people tend to believe that Adam and Eve truly existed as the first people.

You can't and it's pointless to even try. You're dealing with deeply indoctrinated people. Their brains do not process information in the same way that people who are not indoctrinated process information. They process any information that doesn't validate their beliefs as coming from the Devil. They interpret such information as an attempt by Satanic forces to deceive them and steal their souls. 

They have to figure it out on their own that the Bible isn't true before they become receptive to historical facts and evidence. Unless or until they do don't waste your time on them.