Goodbye Jesus

Ex Christians, a warning to you

SerenelyBlue

You have fallen away from God and are causing others to fall with you.  God's judgement is fierce on those who lead His children astray.  "It will be better for you to be cast in a river with a millstone around your neck".  Turn back to your God and Saviour.

• Super Moderator

Off your meds again, Blue?

1 minute ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Off your meds again, Blue?

No I am on my meds.  I have returned to Jesus.

• Super Moderator

MEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Super Moderator
15 minutes ago, SerenelyBlue said:

No I am on my meds.  I have returned to Jesus.

Halle-fucking-lujah.  Go see a psychiatric professional and have a conversation about adjusting your meds.

In the meantime, god knows where I'm at; and I've got an old millstone from my great grandmother handy.  I'll be waiting.

1 hour ago, SerenelyBlue said:

You have fallen away from God and are causing others to fall with you.  God's judgement is fierce on those who lead His children astray.  "It will be better for you to be cast in a river with a millstone around your neck".  Turn back to your God and Saviour.

I’m afraid the Bible makes it quite clear that it’s impossible for us to turn back:

Hebrews 6:4-6 NIV
[4] It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, [5] who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age [6] and who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance.

• Like 5

• Super Moderator
14 minutes ago, ThereAndBackAgain said:

I’m afraid the Bible makes it quite clear that it’s impossible for us to turn back:

[4] It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, [5] who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age [6] and who have fallen away, to be brought back to repentance.

You can borrow great grandma's millstone once I'm done with it.  That is, if god ever gets his ass down here.  I've been waiting by the creek for over an hour. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

God can tell me himself.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

That's weird, all of my Christian friends keep telling me god SAVED me from my head injury accident. You'd think he'd have just let me die so I'd stop "leading his children astray." Or if he cares that much, you'd think he'd stop us himself. Not difficult.

And if I'm going to hell for not needing to be saved from anything, guess it'll be a party with all the fun people there.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

😂New International Version
"If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

A bit out of context, Blue. The verse is about little children, as in kids. It's clearly not about all christians both young and old as his "children" the way you've framed and conflated the two in the above. So let's at least get the context straight before beating you senseless with how many ways you've error'd in taking up the cross again.....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

4 hours ago, ThereAndBackAgain said:

Of course it’s not imposssible to go back to being a Christian, as SerenelyBlue has shown us (also, we’ll see if this lasts...).  I quoted that Hebrews passage as just another example of the Bible getting it wrong, or contradicting itself (compare to the story of the Prodigal Son).  

I have seen a small handful of Ex-C members go back to the faith.   It does happen.  The great majority though, gain confidence in their deconversion through being here, and gain what our friend Joshpantera calls “Immunity to Christianity”.  That comes from learning about the many ways in which Christianity and the Bible both fail, more than we ever realized when we first  deconverted.  It comes from leaning how monotheism only developed over time among the Israelites.  It comes from seeing how the concepts of Satan and Hell only evolved over the course of many hundreds of years.  It comes from seeing how God totally fails to show up in a way that would be convincing to people the world over, saving them from the supposed fires of Hell.  It comes from realizing that life without Jesus or God, far from living up to the dire warnings of priests and pastors, can gain a new, exhilarating sense of meaning.

So for those inclined to declare themselves as Ex-Christians, but who may be hesitating, the lessons are these:

• The Bible really is unreliable and inconsistent as a source of truth.
  • Clearly it is possible to go back, if you realize you made a mistake. 
  • Most people gain confidence and peace and would never want to go back, ever.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi @SerenelyBlue

May I ask why you "returned to Jesus"? Whatever that means.

I hate to point this out, but if Jesus did exist he's been dead for 2000 years. Despite many predictions of "coming soon" or great warnings, life has continued on as we'd expect it to if Jesus wasn't supernatural or never existed.

And if God didn't want me to fall away he could have answered my prayers. If you are talking to him can you ask him to give me a personal revelation? Thanks muchly.

LF

And your evidence for the truth of your assertions is ... ?

Get professional help.

• Like 2

It is well known that Bro Jeff and SB have issues that they have been struggling with for a long time. This is just the latest in a series of similar cycles. This too shall pass. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

Not going to happen.  Ever.  It is impossible for me to "turn back" to something that I see as pure mythology.

Please have your physician check your medication levels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Super Moderator

SB, how many times are we going to have to go through this with you?   IF you are medically well-adjusted and happy as a christian - fine  But also remember the dozens and dozens of times we've been there for you.  We don't believe your imaginary friend's threats, so just leave us alone and let us live our lives and be happy as ex-christians.  Respect us.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Hi @SerenelyBlue

May I ask why you "returned to Jesus"? Whatever that means.

I hate to point this out, but if Jesus did exist he's been dead for 2000 years. Despite many predictions of "coming soon" or great warnings, life has continued on as we'd expect it to if Jesus wasn't supernatural or never existed.

And if God didn't want me to fall away he could have answered my prayers. If you are talking to him can you ask him to give me a personal revelation? Thanks muchly.

LF

I go through the same shit over and over.  It is painful.  God has given me the gift of tongues and the gift to interpret them.  He told me lots of stuff.  I am afraid to go to hell.  I am afraid of hell. 

• Sad 1

• Super Moderator
2 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

I go through the same shit over and over.  It is painful.  God has given me the gift of tongues and the gift to interpret them.  He told me lots of stuff.  I am afraid to go to hell.  I am afraid of hell. 

Seems to me like you're already in hell with all the issues and maladjustments you face.  Why would a loving god put you through This?  Why would a loving god allow you to live in fear?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

God is a figment of your imagination taking place in your own mind, just like tongues, heaven and hell. Why don't you tell the part of your mind tormenting you with threats, "get thee behind me!" 

• Like 1

change your meds

• Like 1

SB I am sorry you are having to go through this cycle again. I can only imagine how difficult this is for you and your loved ones. If Christianity gives you peace and calms your fear of hell, then by all means embrace that which gives you peace. Hopefully you can find some form of Christianity, other than a fundamentalists version, to settle in with. 

My only hope is that you find peace. Hang on to Jesus and be assured He will not let you go to hell. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Geezer said:

It is well known that Bro Jeff and SB have issues that they have been struggling with for a long time. This is just the latest in a series of similar cycles. This too shall pass. 

It was reported recently by someone on FB that Jeff's father passed away. I believe Jeff is still professing Christianity and attending church.

6 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

SB, if it helps, remember that multiple religions teach that there is an eternal hell. If you practice Christianity, then now you need to worry about the Muslim hell. That's the problem with being afraid of hell; trying to figure out which one is real.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator
30 minutes ago, Bhim said:

SB, if it helps, remember that multiple religions teach that there is an eternal hell. If you practice Christianity, then now you need to worry about the Muslim hell. That's the problem with being afraid of hell; trying to figure out which one is real.

The only real hell is the one each of us create for ourselves here on earth, usually through piss-poor choices, but sometimes, as Blue's situation makes clear, through no fault of our own.

Even if hell were real, I'd rather go someplace where I'd be welcomed with open arms, than someplace where I'm going to get judged because my life fell short of somebody else's expectations.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Even if hell were real, I'd rather go someplace where I'd be welcomed with open arms, than someplace where I'm going to get judged because my life fell short of somebody else's expectations.

I understand the sentiment. I think that's why Reformed Christians emphasize that hell consists of eternal conscious torment. The idea is that the pain you feel is physical, and is therefore the most undesirable experience conceivable, even to those of us who would regard an eternity with Jesus and unpleasant. This is what makes hell such a detestable doctrine, at least in my mind.