Goodbye Jesus

Ex Christians, a warning to you

SerenelyBlue

On 7/10/2018 at 8:09 PM, SerenelyBlue said:

God has given me the gift of tongues and the gift to interpret them. 

... arhhh ... so there is your problem! See, the faith I was dragged up in (who WERE true christians)  told me tongues were of the devil! See it is the devil talking to you ... not god! You never WERE a true christian in the first place! 

• Like 2

Paul in Corinthians indicated that one should speak in tongues and another interpret them to witness the spirit and if there was no interpreter then the person with the tongues should remain silent.

Therefore if I follow my churches teachings (The TRUE Church TM) then you are being un-scriptural and not in line with Gods Holy Word. 

• Super Moderator
3 hours ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Paul in Corinthians indicated that one should speak in tongues and another interpret them to witness the spirit and if there was no interpreter then the person with the tongues should remain silent.

Therefore if I follow my churches teachings (The TRUE Church TM) then you are being un-scriptural and not in line with Gods Holy Word. 

Patently untrue.  One can have both gifts and use them at different times.  St. Paul was simply saying that the one who gave the message in tongues should not also be the one who interpreted the message.  Clearly yours was NOT the True Church (TM); and I therefore submit that you were never a true christian. Check mate.

On 7/9/2018 at 1:01 PM, SerenelyBlue said:

You have fallen away from God and are causing others to fall with you.  God's judgement is fierce on those who lead His children astray.  "It will be better for you to be cast in a river with a millstone around your neck".  Turn back to your God and Saviour.

I am sorry to hear that you are living in fear. I hope you feel better. I don't really care how you identify your beliefs, but that kind of thinking "turn to my beliefs or else" is covertly a philosophy and attitude of intimidation and fearfulness, and not an attitude of faith (with or without religion)

• Like 3

11 hours ago, DestinyTurtle said:

I am sorry to hear that you are living in fear. I hope you feel better. I don't really care how you identify your beliefs, but that kind of thinking "turn to my beliefs or else" is covertly a philosophy and attitude of intimidation and fearfulness, and not an attitude of faith (with or without religion)

Lol, "I don't really care", but....  What is the correct philosophy and attitude  DT?

13 minutes ago, end3 said:

Lol, "I don't really care", but....  What is the correct philosophy and attitude  DT?

Wouldn't *you* like to know ;)

24 minutes ago, DestinyTurtle said:

Wouldn't *you* like to know ;)

Come on DT, enlighten us please.  Heck, if I know something is a reasonably true, I feel it a duty to warn my children so they not waste a portion of their lives on "error".....least  you could do is give us a few hints and supporting evidence...thx in advance.

Evidence: that thing that is ignored because it does not agree with one’s personal bias. Applies to people of all stripes. Even us dirty agnostics. 

29 minutes ago, midniterider said:

Evidence: that thing that is ignored because it does not agree with one’s personal bias. Applies to people of all stripes. Even us dirty agnostics. 

He doesn't want to engage...ah well....

On 7/13/2018 at 2:30 PM, SerenelyBlue said:

There is nothing wrong with me.  Seriously.  No one takes me seriously

I take you seriously H.  I don't swing by the Lions Den as often as I used to so I might miss a post here and there but I do and always have taken you seriously.  

I understand that what you think and  that what you believe is bigger than "take your meds!" and stuff like that. 

If you are coming from the place I think you are coming from, I've been there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, duderonomy said:

I take you seriously H.  I don't swing by the Lions Den as often as I used to so I might miss a post here and there but I do and always have taken you seriously.  

I understand that what you think and  that what you believe is bigger than "take your meds!" and stuff like that. 

If you are coming from the place I think you are coming from, I've been there. 

Thank you

• Like 1

On 7/10/2018 at 3:01 AM, SerenelyBlue said:

You have fallen away from God and are causing others to fall with you.  God's judgement is fierce on those who lead His children astray.  "It will be better for you to be cast in a river with a millstone around your neck".  Turn back to your God and Saviour.

And that is how awesome this god gets. Turn or burn, our choice, and if we don't choose his way then he'll bring the pain. 

• Like 1

On 7/14/2018 at 4:30 AM, SerenelyBlue said:

There is nothing wrong with me.  Seriously.  No one takes me seriously

Christianity is a hard thing to shake off. Our need to believe in things betrays us. I think that belief is important, but we believe in things for survival (A gap filler) Until what we believe in is proven or falsified by fact's, we'll continue to believe. 

Christianity suspends our journey into facts and demands that we hold onto belief period, this is where the power of this religion resides. It's a belief system that is never going to prove itself.

Dr Marlene Winnell (a former Pentecostal who de-converted from her Christian faith) says that she still can speak in tongues even after her de-conversion. 

I have a friend also who can still speak in tongues after his de-conversion.

Would this not suggest something to you? It certainly would to someone not indoctrinated!

• Like 3

• Super Moderator
On 7/13/2018 at 3:19 PM, florduh said:

Go back to your first posts here and follow your ups and downs over time. Now you decide for yourself if you take yourself seriously.

Get help, please.

Worth repeating one last time.

• Super Moderator
3 hours ago, Realist said:

Dr Marlene Winnell (a former Pentecostal who de-converted from her Christian faith) says that she still can speak in tongues even after her de-conversion. 

I have a friend also who can still speak in tongues after his de-conversion.

Would this not suggest something to you? It certainly would to someone not indoctrinated!

I can still speak in tongues; and interpret them.  I second the question: "Wouldn't this suggest something to you?"

4 hours ago, florduh said:
On 7/13/2018 at 3:19 PM, florduh said:

Go back to your first posts here and follow your ups and downs over time. Now you decide for yourself if you take yourself seriously.

Get help, please.

Worth repeating one last time.

We all have ups and downs over time Florduh and we all take ourselves seriously.  I admit that I might be missing something here like PM's and so on, but what if SB posted here instead of Rapture Ready or some other website because he is looking for help? 

I've never known H to lie, and he says he is on his "meds" and he is fine. Imagine going to an emergency room and the doctor there tells you to seek medical help elsewhere. 

• Super Moderator
2 minutes ago, duderonomy said:

We all have ups and downs over time Florduh and we all take ourselves seriously.  I admit that I might be missing something here like PM's and so on, but what if SB posted here instead of Rapture Ready or some other website because he is looking for help? 

I've never known H to lie, and he says he is on his "meds" and he is fine. Imagine going to an emergency room and the doctor there tells you to seek medical help elsewhere. 

I'd hazard the guess that Florduh is offering help, in his own way.  After all, sometimes the best thing we can do for our own sanity is to take a good hard look at ourselves.  That is the point I think Florida is trying to make.  I'll let him address it further, though; if he so desires.

I am very curious to why lot's of Christian's seem to think it necessary to "Preach it" the minute they believe in Jesus.

I myself felt the same way when I was a believer and when I revisited my old belief's. Weird, something going on psychologically there.

7 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I'd hazard the guess that Florduh is offering help, in his own way.  After all, sometimes the best thing we can do for our own sanity is to take a good hard look at ourselves.  That is the point I think Florida is trying to make.  I'll let him address it further, though; if he so desires.

I think you are incorrect here.  Much respect to you Prof, but still "meds" and  "get help now" isn't enough.

Sometimes a person needs to find others they can trust to talk to, and bullying them to "just accept it and take your drugs" just misses the point.

17 minutes ago, theanticrash said:

I am very curious to why lot's of Christian's seem to think it necessary to "Preach it" the minute they believe in Jesus.

I myself felt the same way when I was a believer and when I revisited my old belief's. Weird, something going on psychologically there.

Did you just ask and answer your own question here? 

5 minutes ago, duderonomy said:

Did you just ask and answer your own question here? 

Not at all.

• Super Moderator
7 hours ago, duderonomy said:

I think you are incorrect here.  Much respect to you Prof, but still "meds" and  "get help now" isn't enough.

Sometimes a person needs to find others they can trust to talk to, and bullying them to "just accept it and take your drugs" just misses the point.

That's all true enough; and the respect is mutual.  However, Florduh has also, a number of times, encouraged SD to look back over his posts since the time he joined us here.  There is a pattern in them that could possibly give him a lot of insight as to the nature of his afflictions and how they relate to what he's currently experiencing.  In other words, given that few, if any, of us are qualified counselors and psychiatric professionals, Florduh is offering SD the opportunity to take a good hard look at himself and see himself the way we see him.  That's the way I see it, anyway; but I don't want to speak for Florduh.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

SD suffers from a mental condition much like we have experienced with Brother Jeff over the years. Even Brother Jeff has tried to encourage him in the past because he realizes his brain also has an imbalance that is treatable. Currently, Bro Jeff himself is into the religious mania swing. Religion per se is not the issue with these people, it is a manic episode that manifests as obsession with a particular  belief, in this case, religious. He knows this and has explained it here before. I am doing my best to keep him from getting lambasted for religion or getting banned for taking his mania outside the Lion's Den. One day, hopefully soon, he will find balance again and therapy and meds are what have helped him in the past.

This is not information that has not been openly shared by the individuals involved so I'm not giving away any secrets. We are not psychiatrists here but we would like to see people get the medical help they need.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, florduh said:

SD suffers from a mental condition much like we have experienced with Brother Jeff over the years. Even Brother Jeff has tried to encourage him in the past because he realizes his brain also has an imbalance that is treatable. Currently, Bro Jeff himself is into the religious mania swing. Religion per se is not the issue with these people, it is a manic episode that manifests as obsession with a particular  belief, in this case, religious. He knows this and has explained it here before. I am doing my best to keep him from getting lambasted for religion or getting banned for taking his mania outside the Lion's Den. One day, hopefully soon, he will find balance again and therapy and meds are what have helped him in the past.

This is not information that has not been openly shared by the individuals involved so I'm not giving away any secrets. We are not psychiatrists here but we would like to see people get the medical help they need.

Makes you wonder why the good old lord would let the poor man suffer like this. Good thing yucky science can provide some relief with medications and treatments. Thanks for the compassion reminder, it's easy to forget. :)

• Like 2