Goodbye Jesus

Ex Christians, a warning to you

SerenelyBlue

I thank you all for your concern.  I know I am bipolar and I am aware without looking that I've suffered various hypomania and mania episodes over the last couple of years.

My medication has been increased and I have stability, but I am still Christian.  What I say or do is with a clear mind.  You can lambaste me all you like and I won't preach outside the Lion's Den.

I've had a HD or 2k vision from God and conformation from a guy in church that God is talking to me.  My visions aren't usually in HD or 2k, so it is difficult for me to ignore it.

God and Jesus is real.  I am not ill.  I cannot go back to being an ex christian ever.

I say hd or 2k because it was crystal clear.

• Super Moderator

Visions? In HD as well? Yeah, you're fine....... right..........

I'm rooting for you, SB!

• Like 1

I say HD or 2k, because the vision was hyper real.

38 minutes ago, SerenelyBlue said:

I say HD or 2k, because the vision was hyper real.

Maybe you should tone down the terms. Its getting clumsy imho. Something like 'a clear vision' would suffice.

5 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

I thank you all for your concern.  I know I am bipolar and I am aware without looking that I've suffered various hypomania and mania episodes over the last couple of years.

My medication has been increased and I have stability, but I am still Christian.  What I say or do is with a clear mind.  You can lambaste me all you like and I won't preach outside the Lion's Den.

If you know that you have a chronic mental condition, don't you think you should be skeptical of supposed visions? Medication isn't a magical fix, it often has to be adjusted by a physician numerous times to achieve your stability. If you're having visions I'd say you are decidedly unstable.

That's not my medical opinion, obviously. But it's also why I certainly wouldn't take your visions as an indication of revelation from a deity, and certainly not from Jesus. You should likewise be skeptical.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, theanticrash said:

I am very curious to why lot's of Christian's seem to think it necessary to "Preach it" the minute they believe in Jesus.

I myself felt the same way when I was a believer and when I revisited my old belief's. Weird, something going on psychologically there.

I guess I was thinking of what my mom always told me. She always said that no one is as zealous as the newly converted. Or in this case, the newly re-converted. 

She also taught me that (and it wouldn't apply here) that it applied outside of religion too.

14 hours ago, florduh said:

SD suffers from a mental condition much like we have experienced with Brother Jeff over the years. Even Brother Jeff has tried to encourage him in the past because he realizes his brain also has an imbalance that is treatable. Currently, Bro Jeff himself is into the religious mania swing. Religion per se is not the issue with these people, it is a manic episode that manifests as obsession with a particular  belief, in this case, religious. He knows this and has explained it here before. I am doing my best to keep him from getting lambasted for religion or getting banned for taking his mania outside the Lion's Den. One day, hopefully soon, he will find balance again and therapy and meds are what have helped him in the past.

This is not information that has not been openly shared by the individuals involved so I'm not giving away any secrets. We are not psychiatrists here but we would like to see people get the medical help they need.

Fair enough.  I think we are all on the side of SerenelyBlue here.

19 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

I've had a HD or 2k vision from God and conformation from a guy in church that God is talking to me.  My visions aren't usually in HD or 2k, so it is difficult for me to ignore it.

God and Jesus is real.  I am not ill.  I cannot go back to being an ex christian ever.

I say hd or 2k because it was crystal clear.

I suffer from PTSD & I'm schizophrenic. I can tell you I've seen thing's that no one else see's that look absolutely real. I can smell thing's and hear thing's that are not there, I've even had experiences of god jumping in my body just to look through my eyes.

If you don't get to a point of understanding and accepting your mental affliction, you will be ruled by the thing's your mind spit's out.

The thing that make's most religious folk seem normal is that their delusional thoughts about their beliefs is in their mind's only, they don't manifest these delusions outwardly.

• Thanks 1

I am sorry, I am agnostic.

7 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

I am sorry, I am agnostic.

There really is no need to be sorry. No was was hurt or anything, and it sparked some interesting discussion. 

An interesting thing to think about members of this forum is that by definition of being 'ex-Xian' every one of us has been through at least two belief systems (and some more). I don't think there's anything wrong with shifting perspective.

• Like 2

Oooooh! Im so scared. Pfffft your “god” should it exist, is so weak and pathetic it cannot even come down here and talk to me face to face. Only through mentally deranged idiots hell bent on making other’s lives miserable to feel better about themselves, and supposedly through a book so badly written, a 3 year old with a crayon could publish better. 

17 minutes ago, Aries256 said:

Oooooh! Im so scared. Pfffft your “god” should it exist, is so weak and pathetic it cannot even come down here and talk to me face to face. Only through mentally deranged idiots hell bent on making other’s lives miserable to feel better about themselves, and supposedly through a book so badly written, a 3 year old with a crayon could publish better. 

Hey , you better heed his warning...otherwise....you'll get another warning. :)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, midniterider said:

Hey , you better heed his warning...otherwise....you'll get another warning. :)

Ohhhhh nooooo 😱 😂

Be warned! The loving God of the universe is going to kick your ass to Hell if you  don't love him with all your heart! Freely. Of your own will. :)

• Haha 2

On 7/24/2018 at 1:06 PM, TrueScotsman said:

Have you heard of DMT?  People who take such a chemical often report visions conversing with the divine in a hyper realistic hallunication in which time and space have departed and there is warmth and belonging.  It is certainly something to marvel at that the brain produces such an experience, but the fact that it is produced by the brain is irrefutable.  

How do  I know you're real? :)

14 minutes ago, midniterider said:

Be warned! The loving God of the universe is going to kick your ass to Hell if you  don't love him with all your heart! Freely. Of your own will. :)

Hey if that’s where the good and fun people will be, that’s where Id rather be. Heaven sounds about as exciting as watching paint dry, and torturous. 

On 7/27/2018 at 2:51 PM, Aries256 said:

You don't have to be so pissed off just because you don't know for sure, and there's no reason to be mean like that.

If you infer that people that question are mentally deranged idiots, what does that say about people that think they have all of the answers when no answers are known?

SB and I are friends here, whether he knows it or not. You need to have some patience and understanding with both of us. Otherwise, I'm going to pull Jesus off the cross by his ankles and beat you over the head with him. 

Meanwhile, this song assumes there is a God but I don't care. I always liked it so I'm putting it here. Listen or not. 

It 'is' possible to waste too much time fending off believers and their beliefs. Or logically deconstructing someone's Jesusy comment or social media post.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2018 at 9:05 PM, duderonomy said:

You don't have to be so pissed off just because you don't know for sure, and there's no reason to be mean like that.

If you infer that people that question are mentally deranged idiots, what does that say about people that think they have all of the answers when no answers are known?

SB and I are friends here, whether he knows it or not. You need to have some patience and understanding with both of us. Otherwise, I'm going to pull Jesus off the cross by his ankles and beat you over the head with him. 

Meanwhile, this song assumes there is a God but I don't care. I always liked it so I'm putting it here. Listen or not. 

It is unwise to threaten me. 

16 hours ago, Aries256 said:

It is unwise to threaten me. 

Seriously? I threatened to pull Jesus off the cross by his ankles and beat you over the head with him. You really think that's a threat threat?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2018 at 7:27 PM, duderonomy said:

Seriously? I threatened to pull Jesus off the cross by his ankles and beat you over the head with him. You really think that's a threat threat?

Seeing as jesus never existed, Im assuming you mean one of those metal statues. Beat me over the head, yes I take that as a threat, and as I have been physically attacked by xtians before, I do not take threats lightly. 

6 hours ago, Aries256 said:

Seeing as jesus never existed, Im assuming you mean one of those metal statues. Beat me over the head, yes I take that as a threat, and as I have been physically attacked by xtians before, I do not take threats lightly. 

I didn't say anything about any statue. I said Jesus.  Also, it would be pretty difficult for me or anyone here to actually beat you over the head with a de-crossed Jesus that was held by his ankles, especially since we are online.

You do know we are online, right? I'm not the big guy sitting in the booth behind you at the Starbucks while you thumb your phone keyboard.

18 hours ago, duderonomy said:

I didn't say anything about any statue. I said Jesus.  Also, it would be pretty difficult for me or anyone here to actually beat you over the head with a de-crossed Jesus that was held by his ankles, especially since we are online.

You do know we are online, right? I'm not the big guy sitting in the booth behind you at the Starbucks while you thumb your phone keyboard.

All I see is some scrawny guy in the booth over there. :) Do you even lift, bro?

• Haha 1

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 4:00 PM, midniterider said:

All I see is some scrawny guy in the booth over there. :) Do you even lift, bro?

I'm a bro now lol.  Started lifting last year. 

15 hours ago, end3 said:

I'm a bro now lol.  Started lifting last year. 

I lift my beer gut.

• Haha 2