Goodbye Jesus

Is there a scripture that attests that Christians cannot be lost to God once saved?

SerenelyBlue

I feel the Spirit is telling me that once saved always saved.  Jesus went to hell and paid the penalty for each child.  When you forget him and slander him you give him grief and dispair but you remain His children.  He hopes that you will realize that He is still your God and cease to give him pain.

Is there a verse like that in the Bible?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Super Moderator

Thank you, seriously nothing wrong with me.

Meds are adjusted.  Nothing wrong there.

On 7/13/2018 at 11:15 AM, SerenelyBlue said:

I feel the Spirit is telling me that once saved always saved.  Jesus went to hell and paid the penalty for each child.  When you forget him and slander him you give him grief and dispair but you remain His children.  He hopes that you will realize that He is still your God and cease to give him pain.

Yeah, the bible says once saved always saved, once a christian always a christian, once with the light, never in darkness again, no hell, question everything all the time regardless of whether or not it comes from your religious leaders or scripture, etc. My favorite memory verse is,  "He who questions the very existence of YHWH, is found most favorable in his eye's, proving his worth as a well adjusted thinker and a most honorable man of good standing." 

Trust me, it's all in there in the bible....

• Super Moderator

SB, please go read your posts from whence you first started posting. You do need help.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2018 at 11:15 AM, SerenelyBlue said:

Read the Gospel of John, chapter ten, verses 27-30.   That always gave me comfort when I was on a bender and didn't want to worry about going to Hell for it back in the day.

Whatever you you think about that SB, I hope you think everything through for yourself. You're a pretty smart guy. 

Well I would say the verse that speaks about believers once having partaken of the heavenly gifts and turn away there is no more sacrifice for sin... so my understand was you could be saved then lost. And possibly saved again.

There were a few things under my old doctrine that if you did or said pretty much excluded you from ever getting to heaven.

On 7/14/2018 at 1:15 AM, SerenelyBlue said:

Possibly, the Bible can almost say anything you want.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, theanticrash said:

Possibly, the Bible can almost say anything you want.

Yep.  You beat me to it.

Is there a scripture that says X?  Yeah, probably.

Is there a scripture that says not X?  Yeah, probably.

mwc

• Like 1

There is no evidence that the Bible is true, but there is a lot of evidence that say's it isn't literally true or historically accurate. That being the case, why would it matter what it says?  There is also enough evidence to say that JESUS was likely just a literary figure not a real person. That being the case Jesus would be incapable of saving anyone from anything. 

And if the Bible isn't true then the creation story isn't true either, and that would mean there is nothing to be saved from. If there isn't anything to be saved from,  then there is nothing to be afraid of because he'll isn't real either. 

• Like 2

If this is true, than why are you warning us about millstones and "turning against god?" I'm confused.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

I have since received a vision of my future.  Or I follow God and go into a room with rich treasure or I go into a room that is dark and leads to a terrible fire.  Therefore it seems once saved always saved is false.

• Super Moderator

So, since the 13th of July, god has changed his mind.

I receive mixed messages

A couple of years ago I received a vision of me and other screaming individuals falling into a dark seemingly never ending pit.  If that is prophetic I am done for.

• Super Moderator
24 minutes ago, SerenelyBlue said:

I receive mixed messages

How many clues do you need? Seriously.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
57 minutes ago, SerenelyBlue said:

I receive mixed messages

Really?!?

2 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

I receive mixed messages

"For God is not a God of disorder, but of peace..." 1 Corinthians 14:33  (NIV)

Or if you like the KJV: "For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace..."

If you're getting mixed messages, then you can't say its from God

• Like 1

I think, I will switch to being agnostic.  Being Christian is notgood for my mental wellbeing.

I am sorry

• Super Moderator

We're on your side, no matter who's team you're on.  Don't apologize.

Just now, SerenelyBlue said:

I am sorry

Think of how brave you are to face life without the faith crutch, and take thing's on face value.  

• Thanks 1

People who care about you will challenge you when you're not doing good for yourself.

• Thanks 1

• Super Moderator

@SerenelyBlue     You are a kind, caring person.  We are on your side.  Don't ever forget that.    

• Thanks 1