Goodbye Jesus

Is there a scripture that attests that Christians cannot be lost to God once saved?

SerenelyBlue

Thank you

*hugs* It wasn't good for my mental wellbeing either and I don't even have some of the burdens you are forced to shoulder. We're here for you! 

21 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

Thank you

Thank you too SB. (Pretty sure you weren't directing this at me, but you did say the same to me earlier in this thread, so I'm jumping in). 

I had many dark days and dark times during my life. Some when I was a Christian, some during de-conversion (which is a process but it isn't), and some as an agnostic "Ex-Christian" which is where I find myself now and have for many many years.

Of course most of us here will push for you to abandon the "belief system" that is screwing you up (which it is and I understand because I've been there too) but if you go to some Christian websites I'm sure people there will try to convince you that you should "keep the faith". The push and pull can get out of hand, and you have to be the one to decide.

Also, I'm not sure that anyone beyond some fear mongers would push you to decide RIGHT NOW about anything. You know, "Limited Time Offer" and stuff like that.

I don't pretend to know all of the answers but I've been caught in the tug of war between belief and unbelief so many times. One thing that comes back to me now is something that I heard a preacher say so many years ago, and that is that you can't trust your feelings. Of course he was talking about feelings vs. faith, but is that any different when the shoe is on the other foot?  No, I don't think it is. You shouldn't trust your feelings either way, because people like you and I might feel differently tomorrow depending on the weather or the state of our digestion.  We need facts and evidence wherever that leads us.

Sorry I rambled on so much H. I hope you are ok. Heck, sometimes I hope I'm ok too. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, duderonomy said:

Thank you too SB. (Pretty sure you weren't directing this at me, but you did say the same to me earlier in this thread, so I'm jumping in). 

I had many dark days and dark times during my life. Some when I was a Christian, some during de-conversion (which is a process but it isn't), and some as an agnostic "Ex-Christian" which is where I find myself now and have for many many years.

Of course most of us here will push for you to abandon the "belief system" that is screwing you up (which it is and I understand because I've been there too) but if you go to some Christian websites I'm sure people there will try to convince you that you should "keep the faith". The push and pull can get out of hand, and you have to be the one to decide.

Also, I'm not sure that anyone beyond some fear mongers would push you to decide RIGHT NOW about anything. You know, "Limited Time Offer" and stuff like that.

I don't pretend to know all of the answers but I've been caught in the tug of war between belief and unbelief so many times. One thing that comes back to me now is something that I heard a preacher say so many years ago, and that is that you can't trust your feelings. Of course he was talking about feelings vs. faith, but is that any different when the shoe is on the other foot?  No, I don't think it is. You shouldn't trust your feelings either way, because people like you and I might feel differently tomorrow depending on the weather or the state of our digestion.  We need facts and evidence wherever that leads us.

Sorry I rambled on so much H. I hope you are ok. Heck, sometimes I hope I'm ok too. 

Thanks Duderonomy.  I appreciate your kindness and advice.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/26/2018 at 5:59 AM, SerenelyBlue said:

I receive mixed messages

Sounds like your imaginary friend needs to get its stories straight. :crazy: