Goodbye Jesus

Shroud of Turin Bloodstains are probably fake

LogicalFallacy

http://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world/bloodstains-on-shroud-of-turin-are-probably-fake-experts-say/ar-AAA7Gay?ocid=ientp

Well, personally I'm shocked they aren't actually the blood of the Son of God. What's the world coming to with all this science putting a dent in religion?

:lmao:

PS this should answer a thread posted by someone a year ago saying the shroud blood might be real.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Only believe!

Thanks for posting, interesting. The Shroud believers will have strategies for dismissing this, of course.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ficino said:

Only believe!

Thanks for posting, interesting. The Shroud believers will have strategies for dismissing this, of course.

Yes, and the writer noted as such at the bottom.... something about the "faithful" still being drawn to it.

Florduh put it well the other day in another thread: "Believers want to believe."

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Yes, and the writer noted as such at the bottom.... something about the "faithful" still being drawn to it.

Florduh put it well the other day in another thread: "Believers want to believe."

And, as Danial Dennett has said, 'Believers believe in belief'.

• Like 4

• Super Moderator

I think of this every time I hear or read the word "believe"  

image.jpeg

• Haha 3

The article says that their research is "not definitive" so I'm going to believe all the better "research" that comes out around every xmas and Easter thankyouverymuch.

mwc

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, mwc said:

The article says that their research is "not definitive" so I'm going to believe all the better "research" that comes out around every xmas and Easter thankyouverymuch.

mwc

Uh huh. You one of these "Jesus is coming soon (TM)" types? :P

1 hour ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Uh huh. You one of these "Jesus is coming soon (TM)" types? :P

You bet.  I believe he is returning to New Zealand.  He'll be back as soon as he can find the place.  😛

mwc

• Haha 2

• Super Moderator
4 hours ago, mwc said:

mwc

"Not definitive" is often geek-speak for "we're not about to piss off the motherfuckers who are funding us".

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mwc said:

You bet.  I believe he is returning to New Zealand.  He'll be back as soon as he can find the place.  😛

mwc

Hey I know the exact spot that some Christians here think he will return - the gate at Mt Hikurangi that faces the east. You know cause Jesus will come from the east.

You can come join us.

even it is menstrual or blood from someone’s ass

you just need to believe

god works in mysterious ways

just a offside question. 

assuming the shroud is a 13th century creation, it should not be the “legendary 1st century jesus”, is there anyone recorded in that period gotten crucified and burst into radiance and left a mark on a long white cloth?

On 7/16/2018 at 11:14 PM, Burnedout said:

I would love to watch the faces of Church leaders the minute that it would be announced from the tests of traces of blood, that it was menstrual blood. 😂

Or not blood stains at all, but ejaculate....