Goodbye Jesus

The devil tricked you into believing that your intellect is superior to God's message

SerenelyBlue

• Super Moderator
2 hours ago, end3 said:

I guess this would imply that God created a certain population, intelligent, though unable to Spiritually 'hear". Do you believe this to be the case?

Well, there is that pesky little bit about "election." Kind of a rigged game, yes?

1 hour ago, florduh said:

Well, there is that pesky little bit about "election." Kind of a rigged game, yes?

Well we have several options here:

God controls what we believe as a function of creation?  My genetics are predisposed to non-belief.

God knew that there would be some that don't choose to believe?  Gave free will to all but all didn't choose yes?

God somehow hardens our hearts as a function of his plan for our lives.  (Mom and Dad were religious freaks, so I damn sure am not).

As a most ardent non-believer, tell me please sir how you have been rigged.  Feel free to add to the list if none of these suit you.

• Super Moderator
4 minutes ago, end3 said:

As a most ardent non-believer, tell me please sir how you have been rigged.

Rigged? Seriously?

8 minutes ago, florduh said:

Rigged? Seriously?

You were the one with the noting the pesky nature of God.  I'm just wanting to know how it's rigged....per your statement. 

Right now I'm going to put you in the group described by the second statement....not know all the facts about your life.

• Super Moderator
38 minutes ago, end3 said:

You were the one with the noting the pesky nature of God.  I'm just wanting to know how it's rigged....per your statement. 

According to the story, there are those elected by God and then there are the losers. Losers never had a chance, the pharaoh in the Hebrews story comes to mind for one. And it was a pesky verse for those who would paint a rosier picture using the Bible to defend the character of God.

This would constitute what I would describe as a rigged game. Good thing it's only mythology.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, florduh said:

According to the story, there are those elected by God and then there are the losers. Losers never had a chance, the pharaoh in the Hebrews story comes to mind for one. And it was a pesky verse for those who would paint a rosier picture using the Bible to defend the character of God.

This would constitute what I would describe as a rigged game. Good thing it's only mythology.

You are obfuscating.  What keeps anyone from being the elect. 

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, end3 said:

You are obfuscating.  What keeps anyone from being the elect. 

god does, obviously.

16 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

god does, obviously.

You have an answer to the question or are you just going to be quippy...

12 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

god does, obviously.

Assuming an all-knowing, all-powerful one. I wonder if that's even fully Biblical...

Even assuming that it leaves the other component: the failed creation itself. Its quality of being a failure is the other decisive factor.

I'll admit this, I've never really met a wise Christian. 

Not one.

• Super Moderator
2 hours ago, end3 said:

You have an answer to the question or are you just going to be quippy...

Ephesians 1:4-5

even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,

Romans 8:29

For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 

Jeremiah 1:5

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

Ephesians 1:11

In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will,

1 Corinthians 2:7

But we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which God decreed before the ages for our glory.

==========================================================================================================================

As I said, god does, obviously.  He knew "from the foundation of the world" who he would redeem and who he would not.  Before Adam and Eve, before "let there be light", god had already decided that I would burn forever in everlasting hellfire and damnation.  It is right there in the bible.  god chooses who is going to be elect and who is not.  That is what keeps me, and everybody else here from being elect.  Loving father?  Kiss my ass.  

• Haha 1

Redneck Professor is pretending to be a calvinist wannabe in order to challenge End3's theology.  End3 doesn't yet understand that.  Funny stuff.  Stay tuned.

14 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Ephesians 1:4-5

even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,

Romans 8:29

For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 

Jeremiah 1:5

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

Ephesians 1:11

In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will,

1 Corinthians 2:7

But we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which God decreed before the ages for our glory.

==========================================================================================================================

As I said, god does, obviously.  He knew "from the foundation of the world" who he would redeem and who he would not.  Before Adam and Eve, before "let there be light", god had already decided that I would burn forever in everlasting hellfire and damnation.  It is right there in the bible.  god chooses who is going to be elect and who is not.  That is what keeps me, and everybody else here from being elect.  Loving father?  Kiss my ass.  

No, today, the question is about today.  What keeps YOU or Chris or any of you from being the elect. 

Genetic disposition?  God hardened your heart?  He put bad circumstances in your path? 

How are any of those keeping anyone from sonship today....

3 minutes ago, sdelsolray said:

Redneck Professor is pretending to be a calvinist wannabe in order to challenge End3's theology.  End3 doesn't yet understand that.  Funny stuff.  Stay tuned.

Ha, we know why you are rejected...you're a lawyer...

• Super Moderator
33 minutes ago, end3 said:

No, today, the question is about today.  What keeps YOU or Chris or any of you from being the elect. 

Genetic disposition?  God hardened your heart?  He put bad circumstances in your path? 

Are you fucking shitting me right now?  How the fuck do you not understand the fucking plain text words of the fucking bible you fucking claim to fucking believe in?  When they're right fucking there in front of you because I took the fucking time to google that shit and fucking post it for you?

god fucking keeps me from being fucking elect.  Because he is fucking omnipotent and fucking omniscient, he just made the fucking decision for all fucking eternity before he'd ever even fucking said, "let there be a fucking firmament above this bitch."  He fucking didn't need to worry about any genetic fucking predispositions or bad fucking circumstances: he just fucking made it that fucking way.  And it fucking says it in the fucking bible in exactly the fucking verses I fucking quoted in my fucking post.

jesus god damn christ End3.  You are not this fucking thick.

FUCK

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, end3 said:

Do you know how hard it is to traverse this world without that god blanket? Christians are always complaining about their hardships, just because they follow this god. 

They know nothing.

You want true strength? Leave your false god and admit you know nothing, start from there.

8 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Are you fucking shitting me right now?  How the fuck do you not understand the fucking plain text words of the fucking bible you fucking claim to fucking believe in?  When they're right fucking there in front of you because I took the fucking time to google that shit and fucking post it for you?

god fucking keeps me from being fucking elect.  Because he is fucking omnipotent and fucking omniscient, he just made the fucking decision for all fucking eternity before he'd ever even fucking said, "let there be a fucking firmament above this bitch."  He fucking didn't need to worry about any genetic fucking predispositions or bad fucking circumstances: he just fucking made it that fucking way.  And it fucking says it in the fucking bible in exactly the fucking verses I fucking quoted in my fucking post.

FUCK

Fuck indeed, lol.

I have the gift of the discernment of spirits. Therefore I can say Glenfiddich Single Malt is a much better spirit than Johnny Walker Red.

Casey

• Haha 2

• Super Moderator
4 minutes ago, Casey said:

I have the gift of the discernment of spirits. Therefore I can say Glenfiddich Single Malt is a much better spirit than Johnny Walker Red.

Casey

I discern your word to be truth.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I discern your word to be truth.

I concur.

54 minutes ago, Casey said:

Casey

When you speak in tongues, does it come out sounding like "Balvenie auchentoshan laphroaig aberlour"?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

FUCK

I'm thinking we can practice faith without belief.  Surely there are Christians that have a difficult time with belief on occasion.  Not sure why your predestination has already been finalized.  

I don't have the answer on this one Prof. 

5 minutes ago, end3 said:

I'm thinking we can practice faith without belief.  Surely there are Christians that have a difficult time with belief on occasion.  Not sure why your predestination has already been finalized.  

I don't have the answer on this one Prof. 

End3, do you think that the Bible has contradictive opinions about the same subject's. Which is why Christianity has splintered in many groups, they're all teaching thing's that the Bible is actually saying. It's not these churches that have the wrong doctrines, but the Bible that has blended opinions?

Here's the interesting part.  You've decided that you are a part of this group, the non-elect hell group, and am more certain in THAT belief because God/ God's word said so, that there exists a group, but yet claim that God never talked to you in the first place?

How can you essentially believe on one aspect yet not another.

27 minutes ago, end3 said:

I'm thinking we can practice faith without belief.

huh! Weirdly enough I agree with this one specific point you made, end3, although it may not be in the way that you meant it. For me the concept faith has become something separate from belief - which is one reason why I don't think it's that important to "believe" in Xianity. In fact, an obsession with belief and an insistence in proving it can be a mark of a lack of faith in so far as it's an attempt to scramble for validation. However specific way you meant it - cudos for separating faith and belief... ;) You may be more like us than you know, even if you don't *believe* it!