Goodbye Jesus

Did you actually know God, before giving up?

donthodl

2 hours ago, Geezer said:

I left God lots of messages, but He never got back to me. So, I had no choice but to de-friend him. 

Pretty much this.

My family keeps saying come back to church and ask god to reveal himself. I say I'm pretty sure if he was going to do that he would have done it on the numerous occasions of sincerely asking for revelation.

When a person you think is your friend simply doesn't communicate with you, you don't conclude that they have your interests at heart!

• Like 2

On 8/18/2018 at 6:49 PM, Justus said:
On 8/15/2018 at 10:47 PM, duderonomy said:

Odd because in the song the singer told Fanny to "put the blame right on me", so you got that part wrong just like in the rest of your post. 

You are making claims, so you must bring the proof. Your opinions don't count. Using the Bible to prove the Bible doesn't count anymore than using the book The Old Man And The Sea to prove that the events in the book The Old Man And The Sea actually happened in real life.

You need to get past the milk of your trollish proselyting level of posts and bring the forum some real meaty goodness to chew on. Bring evidence not from the Bible. Bring some kind of proof. Bring your "A" game, you've got one, right? 

If you are going to make a claim based upon your knowledge of the Bible scriptures, i.e.," then why the first Commandment that there should be no other gods put ahead of him?" then your argument that the Bible can't be used to disprove your error is absurd.  

Exactly!  You can't use the Bible to prove the Bible and neither can I.  Do you have anything else? 

• Like 3

• Super Moderator

Imagine if a prosecutor ever stood before the court and proclaimed, "The defendant is guilty because I believe he did it; the prosecution rests!"  What would the judge do?  How would the jury react?

This is what you're up against when you come into this forum with your circular reasoning, proclaiming the bible to be true because it says it is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/1/2018 at 9:26 AM, yunea said:

Yes, indeed. I thought my life was a conversation with God through signs, emotions, thoughts, other people. My hands would heat up during prayer and people would experience pain relief. I experienced many "healings" too but they all turned out to be me refusing to acknowledge the pain, dissociating it away. 

It hurts the most, I think, when you've been living like your relationship with Jesus is the one thing in your life you cannot lose no matter what, and then it's gone. That happened to me. I nearly died. I wanted to, I had someone hold me down physically so I did not harm myself. It wasn't boredom with church rituals, it wasn't that i was trying to have a relationship with a book. I thought I really had the real thing, Jesus walking with me through my life. 

However, these days I'm more gentle and loving than I was as Xtian. My hands still heat up the same way, and it seems something flows through my hands that calms down pets (and people too), I took very long to dare to try it but it still works. I also speak in tongues to help myself focus when I meditate. It works very well for that.

How do you know it's Biblegod, donthodl, and not just abilities and sensitivities that some people happen to have for no particular divine reason? Why do similar things happen in so many religions and spiritual practices - feeling close to gods/spirits/Gaia, a type of touch that calms and seems to boost healing (well, all gentle touch does, so there's that even if the "flow of energy" is just a trick of my mind), feeling peace and kindness towards the fellow humans and the planet? 

Well said! 

On 8/1/2018 at 9:26 AM, yunea said:

Yes, indeed. I thought my life was a conversation with God through signs, emotions, thoughts, other people. My hands would heat up during prayer and people would experience pain relief. I experienced many "healings" too but they all turned out to be me refusing to acknowledge the pain, dissociating it away. 

It hurts the most, I think, when you've been living like your relationship with Jesus is the one thing in your life you cannot lose no matter what, and then it's gone. That happened to me. I nearly died. I wanted to, I had someone hold me down physically so I did not harm myself. It wasn't boredom with church rituals, it wasn't that i was trying to have a relationship with a book. I thought I really had the real thing, Jesus walking with me through my life. 

However, these days I'm more gentle and loving than I was as Xtian. My hands still heat up the same way, and it seems something flows through my hands that calms down pets (and people too), I took very long to dare to try it but it still works. I also speak in tongues to help myself focus when I meditate. It works very well for that.

How do you know it's Biblegod, donthodl, and not just abilities and sensitivities that some people happen to have for no particular divine reason? Why do similar things happen in so many religions and spiritual practices - feeling close to gods/spirits/Gaia, a type of touch that calms and seems to boost healing (well, all gentle touch does, so there's that even if the "flow of energy" is just a trick of my mind), feeling peace and kindness towards the fellow humans and the planet? 

Well said! 

• Like 1

I believed I had found God. I believed I had a relationship with him. But then after seeing how many Christians treat others, I stopped believing. I decided to research Anthropology, Evolution, and humans 1st religious beliefs. The 1st humans didn't believe in God. The 1st religious rituals were burying their dead, and then as their beliefs evolved, they started worshiping nature, which evolved into other religious beliefs.  You would think if the Christian God were real, he would have let the 1st humans know about him. But nope. That didn't happen.

I also found out that they have proven that there is no way we could have all came from just 2 people (Adam and Eve). I also researched proof of the Bible, and while many of the towns and cities in the Bible can be proven, many of the people and stories written about in the Bible have never been proven. Many stories in the Bible are extremely similar to other creation, and biblical stories passed down from other peoples, from generation to generation, such as the poem, "Epic of Gilgamesh." 

I used to believe that God healed my son of his Hydrocephalus when I was pregnant with him. But then he was born with Autism. Why would God heal him of Hydrocephalus, but not prevent him from having Autism, learning disabilities, and mental health issues? Also, the doctor told me that it is common for Hydrocephalus to sometimes disappear, so there is a scientific basis for that happening.  

I have struggled with Anxiety and Depression most of my life. I did everything Christians told me to do to heal from those, but nothing worked. Not praying, and not even reading the Bible. Nothing. And then I found something that is healing for me. I have found that meditation and grounding myself is healing me of my mental health issues. I now feel more peace and happiness in my life, then I ever did as a Christian. My depression has left, and my anxiety is mostly under control.

I will never follow anything blindly again. I will always have an open mind, look at all sides, respect others beliefs, but I will not believe anything without solid proof anymore. 

• Like 2