Goodbye Jesus

Did you actually know God, before giving up?

donthodl

18 minutes ago, donthodl said:

Yes I absolutely believe that God can heal missing fingers.

No I haven't seen someone's limbs instantly grow back. I have seen peoples legs literally grow out though.

I met a lady a few weeks ago, she had a about 5-10 skin cancers on her arm and side of her face. Her choice was to not get them treated and they had gotten very bad. I couldn't beleive how bad it was when she removed the bandages.
I prayed for her for maybe 10 minutes and actually spoke a lot of things while praying that she said after were excatly what had been going on in her life.
I saw this lady a few days ago and the bandages are gone and all the sores and skin cancers are completely healed. There's a few tiny specs like a small pimple left.

So yes I totally believe a finger can grow back, but in most cases for myself I'm found praying in person to work better. I know God isn't limited and have prayed for someone and a demon left them during the night 500Kms away and they woke up and felt it.

Good, good... so my friends fingers should grow back? What do you mean its better in person? It's simple, you talk to the big guy who is everywhere, and he works his magic. He's omnipotent, you don't need to be anywhere near the subject.... unless God is limited.... or doesn't exist.

Oh and if you search this site you find people posting videos of "limbs growing" out. It's a cute trick. Not what I'm talking about though. I'm talking about missing limbs growing back. It's one of the very few inarguable cases of healing you could have, but has never been medically proven. Lots of stories.... from many religions and cultures, but no properly recorded cases.

• Like 3

@ donthodl: in answer to your question: Yes.

the leg lengthening thing is a scam, by the way. I had it done on me. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, donthodl said:

First to mention I'm no expert. I was brought up around church, but hated going and didn't really want to be a part of it at all. For myself that changed when I went to a Youth Camp and got baptized in the Holy Spirit. If you believe in this or not, my life from that moment on took a drastic change.

This is where you can trace a pin point to the beginning of the current self imposed delusion you've been suffering. Orchestrated by you yourself, within your own mind. Based on the mythological format of choice, christianity. I believe that the initiation of self imposed delusion did proceed forward as a drastic change from your perspective. 

The next year I decided to go to a bible school / music school in Sydney. Strangely enough the very first night I suddenly felt this demonic presence enter the room and a pattern of lights shine on the wall, as well as saw a demonic skull like face. You could say it was just an illusion or in the mind, but I could feel it and nothing ever like that had happened before. I knew that my shift in direction was meeting some opposition.

If you step back and take an objective look, then yes, it seems more than obvious that the self imposed delusion began to manifest in these ways. Where you're the god, the devil and holy spirit because all of the above only have any existence within your imagination, and in the imagination of others who prescribe to the same set of mythological symbols. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, donthodl said:

I haven't heard anyone say they had a personal relationship with Jesus

That's like asking adults to describe their childhood Christmases as if their presents really were brought down a chimney and delivered by Santa.

Why in the world would you expect people who no longer believe something is true to still describe it in a manner implying that it actually is true? Do you honestly not see how that would make absolutely no sense whatsoever? 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, donthodl said:

No I haven't seen someone's limbs instantly grow back. I have seen peoples legs literally grow out though.

Sorry, but I have to address the "growing out limbs" mention.  This is absolute and utter tomfoolery and the most basic stage magic.  If you believe that nonsense, you are truly blind.

I don't want to be harsh, but you should not be associating with any "ministry" that promulgates this activity,  because it is a wilful con.  Period.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I met a lady a few weeks ago, she had a about 5-10 skin cancers on her arm and side of her face. Her choice was to not get them treated and they had gotten very bad. I couldn't beleive how bad it was when she removed the bandages.
I prayed for her for maybe 10 minutes and actually spoke a lot of things while praying that she said after were excatly what had been going on in her life.
I saw this lady a few days ago and the bandages are gone and all the sores and skin cancers are completely healed. There's a few tiny specs like a small pimple left.

So yes I totally believe a finger can grow back, but in most cases for myself I'm found praying in person to work better. I know God isn't limited and have prayed for someone and a demon left them during the night 500Kms away and they woke up and felt it.

Pics or video or it didn't happen.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ficino said:

@ donthodl: in answer to your question: Yes.

the leg lengthening thing is a scam, by the way. I had it done on me. 

YES!! and a thousand times THIS!!  ^^^  It's one of the most blatantly obvious scams ever in Pentecostal/Full Gospel circles.

If I had the tech to do it (and sadly in this day and age I don't) I'd post a video of one of my legs or arms growing out to match the other one while I spoke in tongues.  Now that I think of it, maybe I should invest in a good webcam. I could get a skillion dollars in donations for my 'ministry' if I did. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, donthodl said:

Yunea metioned that they had seen people healed and energy flow. I have the exact conversation on a weekly basis with people in my office, many are into New Age or Reiki. While Reiki and various other forms of healing appear similar, they aren't. Yes the devil is happy if there's a spirit causing the sickness, to stop the sickness as long as the person is still bound. We see throughout the bible Moses and the Magicians, many of the same tricks they could do also. In Acts 16:18, we see the slave girl with a spirit of divination and Paul commanded the spirit to leave and it did. I myself witnessed this when I prayed for my friend who's into New Age, as he had a strange sickness that no one has been able to cure. As soon as I laid hands on him, he said, "Get this thing out of me". And kept commanding this spirit to leave. He used to be a total skeptic, but now knows it's real. He said he felt this thing from inside of him come up and leave out his mouth.

So yes I'm not denying that hearings can happen without knowing God, I'm just saying the source is different.

So you're saying I was basically a witch with satanic powers all along, even when I was Pentecostal and terrified of upsetting the Holy Ghost, and also when I prayed all the time - really ALL the time, in my thoughts or whispering quietly - to Jesus, "thy will be done Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, who has power over everything in heaven and on Earth"? 

How do YOU know you have the right Jesus?

I thought, trusted, and made plans that depended on the "fact" that I knew Jesus. Saw signs etc. And I was wrong. 

I have also gotten on my knees since my deconversion and begged with tears in my eyes for Jesus to live in my heart. Nothing happened. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, duderonomy said:

YES!! and a thousand times THIS!!  ^^^  It's one of the most blatantly obvious scams ever in Pentecostal/Full Gospel circles.

If I had the tech to do it (and sadly in this day and age I don't) I'd post a video of one of my legs or arms growing out to match the other one while I spoke in tongues.  Now that I think of it, maybe I should invest in a good webcam. I could get a skillion dollars in donations for my 'ministry' if I did. 

I've heard it said that good atheists become humanists and do good for their communities, but bad atheists become televangelists and scam religious people. ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, donthodl said:

This is an honest question. One thing that I've noticed after reading many of the stories as people said they grew up in a Christian home, or they got involved in Church, they did ministry, they went on Missions or whatever it way. I haven't heard anyone say they had a personal relationship with Jesus, witnessed signs and wonders, healings, the blind see, demons cast out etc as in the book of Acts and New Testament.

It's like asking did you know Santa Claus or believe in the tooth fairy. Sure... when I was a kid and didn't know any better.

Same with God. I thought I knew God and had a personal relationship, I thought he spoke to me, but ask me now and well no, I didn't actually know God because it appears God does not exist except in the minds of believers. 

Huge snippage of meaningless stories.

Yes yes, you have stories about how you've prayed for people and they've been healed (My friend has rang to say his fingers are back by the way), you've seen people saved etc. But if you bother to look past your own confirmation bias and four walls you'd realise these stories are dime a dozen. Competing Christian sects have them, Muslims have them, Hindus have them... and they all attribute whatever they think happened to their God/s. So I ask you how is anyone from the outside supposed to tell which is real and which is fake when they all produce essentially the same evidence? 

The question I was getting to is??

Did you know God before giving up on the faith? To that I know you'll say. God doesn't exist, so it's impossible to know Him. If that is your response, then you weren't actually a believer to start with. If believing was doing Christian practices, such as attending Church and playing in the worship band.

One, you realize you are talking to Ex-Christians right? Some of us might have been Christians longer than you've lived depending on your age. Two - that's basically a No True Scotsman fallacy. Congratulations on committing a logical fallacy (Drum roll please)

But I read the bible and went to bible school. I was a devout Christian: The devil knows the scriptures, but does that mean he's saved? Let's look at Judas. He looked just like the 12, he went everywhere they did, performed signs, but his heart wasn't totally sold out. Satan still had an entry point in regards to his love for money. "John 13:2 During supper, when the devil had already put it into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon’s son, to betray him". You see we can look just like believers, walk the walk and talk the talk, but that still doesn't mean we know God. Yes I know Judas did know Jesus, but in knowing Jesus he chose not to trust him and betray him. Many believers today attend church, are involved with church or even pastors and teachers, but they haven't actually repented or turned away from sin and are still living half in the world and half following Jesus. It's one or the other. Galations says "But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh". The entire Christian life is based on being born again of the water and the spirit. Receiving the Holy Spirt and daily feeding on the Word to renew the mind. To know if someone is truly saved can be known by their fruit and some of the fruits are "love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control" and a change in behavior (I'm not talking about good works here, just a chance in nature). 

You may not agree with what I've written, but I do find it interesting. Tomorrow I'm aiming to pray for a girl at work who hurt it in a motorbike accident and has had two failed operations. Yes she's not a believer, but will see God heal her tomorrow.
I went and visited a nice elderly lady who's been in horrific pain and waiting for the public health system to give her a knee replacement. She let me pray for her knee the other day and when she walked around was in shock and couldn't believe she'd rejected letting me pray for her earlier. It really just showed her that God is real and not just an ideology or theory made up by man to enslave mankind into submission.

More stories. Like I said my friends fingers are still missing. Surly with all this power and healing God can spare one healing to convince a lost soul?

Questions regarding my story??

1. Miracles don't happen. Show me proof and I'll believe: This is a common one that I've had with atheists. There are likely hundreds of videos on YouTube showing various healings,  people being delivered from demons etc. But you say aren't they just faking it and use actors? Yes seeing someone healed doesn't force someone to believe, they can always choose to believe or not believe. I'd say go and see for yourself if you don't trust the YouTube videos.

I've seen lots of videos, I've never seen one where I've actually thought it was real. Some of them are outright scams, conning gullible people. You'd need to establish the existence of demons before making a claim that "people were delivered from them". And no I don't think the majority use actors, though some do, I think that some people sincerely believe they can heal, and people sincerely bevel they are healed. The measure of sincerity in a belief is in no way related to its truth however.

Again my friends fingers, and I'm going to repeat this every time you mention healing. If God is real then he would know that those fingers growing back would convince me. It's not something that can be mistaken... oh is the finger 5mm longer today? No, it not there! Put it back... all four of them.

2. Your story's are all fake and made up: Yes, most of these stories weren't filmed or recorded, so I don't have actual proof. The deliverance of my friend though he can testify to that. The lady with the stage 4 cancer, she has actually thanked me a couple of times for visiting her. She's still alive 18 months later and hasn't had any more cancer. 

Lady with cancer. Yep, cancer survival stories are many. Sometimes against all odds. It's a known medical happening. Again you have in no way shown a link between your particular God and a healing. Catholics have these stories, Muslims, heck even atheists probably have miracle stories. (BTW are you Pentecostal? You sound Pentecostal - that's part of my background and we pretty much used to talk like you do.)

3. Miracles don't mean you know God: In Matthew 7:22 "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name. And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness". Yes from this it looks like it's even possible to see signs and wonders and not really know God, but it's talking about lawlessness or evildoers. I would say this is speaking of believers that haven't repented and turned away from sin or maybe thinking they are saved just because they've seen signs and wonders.

Speaking of which, how do we know you are not sent from the evil one? He is a deceiver and a worker of miracles. Revelations speaks of an antichrist who will perform wonders - perhaps it is you?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Citsonga said:

I've heard it said that good atheists become humanists and do good for their communities, but bad atheists become televangelists and scam religious people. ;)

Father I must confess for I have sinned... I have actually thought about doing something like this. But I don't because I think its just morally and ethically wrong, even if you are not "forcing" people you are still intentionally taking advantage of peoples gullibility. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi, Don. I gave up my belief because I was tired of shaming myself, church people shaming me , being afraid and guilty due to an idiotic belief system. 

If your god lets people go to church and do other christian activities without “stepping in” and meeting or knowing them , then that’s on God, not me. 

You can keep your attempt to guilt and shame us back into the fold. I reject your BS. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tsathoggua9 said:

I gotta admit, deep down, I never really took it that seriously. So it actually would be accurate for someone to say, "You were never a real Christian anyway." 

Being a Christian is not something I value anymore so saying that I never was one is rather irrelevant. 

“So you installed plumbing in houses for 20 years? Then you stopped? You were never really a plumber!!” 

Meh :)

Donthodl, I never actually believed.  I was nominally a Christian by virtue of parental church affiliations and infant baptism, but it's always been fiction to me.

As a strong agnostic, I believe that it is literally impossible for anyone to know if they have been in contact with an actual god, or some other entity representing itself as a god.  That said, I've never had even one experience in all of my sixty years that could even remotely be attributed to the Christian god.

And after learning more about the Bible and about your alleged god, it's a darned good thing the blighter has never shown up to reveal itself to me, because my first instinct would be to attack it with lethal force.  ChristInsanity is a seriously screwed-up religion based on grossly immoral concepts like Original Sin and substitutionary atonement, and I reject it as a viable path for my life.

• Super Moderator

Though this "Christianity" may evaporate again soon, we really can't have any useful interaction with those who post Bible verses one after another. We can discuss rational, cognitive thoughts but it is pointless to argue with quotes from a book that argues with itself. The Bible, however one chooses to interpret it, is not evidence in any sense of the word.

• Like 2

I guess I have to admit I never really knew god.  It's at this time I have to confess that I had an addiction to putting money in the plate and when all the churches abolished the practice I had to leave since there was nothing there for me.  Please try not to judge me too harshly.

Oh, and my church believed all the miracles ended with the Apostolic Age so all this stuff you're talking about is a load of shit and perhaps even demonic in nature.  So, you know, there's that.

mwc

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, donthodl said:

I do thank you for your honest responses. I find it very interesting.

First to mention I'm no expert. I was brought up around church, but hated going and didn't really want to be a part of it at all. For myself that changed when I went to a Youth Camp and got baptized in the Holy Spirit. If you believe in this or not, my life from that moment on took a drastic change. The next year I decided to go to a bible school / music school in Sydney. Strangely enough the very first night I suddenly felt this demonic presence enter the room and a pattern of lights shine on the wall, as well as saw a demonic skull like face. You could say it was just an illusion or in the mind, but I could feel it and nothing ever like that had happened before. I knew that my shift in direction was meeting some opposition.

Isn't it odd that Jesus would allow a demon into his bible school? It must be part of his mysteriously weird plan. I always thought the "Prayer Warriors" were a bit nutso, overly concerned about 'the enemy'. Afraid to call him by name, I guess. LoL. Wasn't Jesus supposed to protect his children from Satan? I guess not. 

As for the Holy Spirit, I felt his movement in the Pentecostal church I attended when I prayed, and when I sang worship songs, and while I opened my heart to him...strangely though, I still felt that feeling (after I got done with Christianity) during jogging and during intimate experiences with my wife. And well, I can still generate a dopamine response the Holy Spirit just by entering a trance state. And I'm not thinking about Jesus at the time ...generally though, marijuana is a substantially better high.

Yunea metioned that they had seen people healed and energy flow. I have the exact conversation on a weekly basis with people in my office, many are into New Age or Reiki. While Reiki and various other forms of healing appear similar, they aren't. Yes the devil is happy if there's a spirit causing the sickness, to stop the sickness as long as the person is still bound. We see throughout the bible Moses and the Magicians, many of the same tricks they could do also. In Acts 16:18, we see the slave girl with a spirit of divination and Paul commanded the spirit to leave and it did. I myself witnessed this when I prayed for my friend who's into New Age, as he had a strange sickness that no one has been able to cure. As soon as I laid hands on him, he said, "Get this thing out of me". And kept commanding this spirit to leave. He used to be a total skeptic, but now knows it's real. He said he felt this thing from inside of him come up and leave out his mouth.

So yes I'm not denying that hearings can happen without knowing God, I'm just saying the source is different.

So, the devil will heal you? I think you have imibed too much of the crazy kool-aid.

You realize this is an ex-Christian website. Your evangelization is really aimed for the uninitiated. It is missing the mark. We have lived and breathed Jesus. We used to have your mindset but now we don't. I guess we were never True Scotsmen True Christians, eh?

• Like 3

LF? Any change in your friend's fingers yet?

• Haha 1

On 8/1/2018 at 10:15 AM, donthodl said:

Did you know God before giving up on the faith? To that I know you'll say. God doesn't exist, so it's impossible to know Him. If that is your response, then you weren't actually a believer to start with. If believing was doing Christian practices, such as attending Church and playing in the worship band.

Hmm, did I know god. About as well as I knew Santa Claus when I was a kid. Except Santa was the one who actually provided some concrete "evidence" for his existence in the form of gifts. Of course, I eventually figured it out. Just as I did with the sky fairy man.

Christians love to say they "know" god. They don't. They believe in him. There's a real difference between those two.

And please stop claiming that we weren't believers to begin with. It's getting so old around here. It's one of the prime methods believers use to prop up their illusions that non-believers weren't in the special club to begin with, and therefore there is no real risk they could themselves reason and educate themselves out of belief. You could. What you're doing here is shoring up the borders between you and us non-believers, you know, that us vs them thing. It's handy when you don't want to really attempt to try understand other people, but instead tell them stuff about themselves.

On 8/1/2018 at 10:15 AM, donthodl said:

1. Miracles don't happen. Show me proof and I'll believe: This is a common one that I've had with atheists. There are likely hundreds of videos on YouTube showing various healings,  people being delivered from demons etc. But you say aren't they just faking it and use actors? Yes seeing someone healed doesn't force someone to believe, they can always choose to believe or not believe. I'd say go and see for yourself if you don't trust the YouTube videos.

2. Your story's are all fake and made up: Yes, most of these stories weren't filmed or recorded, so I don't have actual proof. The deliverance of my friend though he can testify to that. The lady with the stage 4 cancer, she has actually thanked me a couple of times for visiting her. She's still alive 18 months later and hasn't had any more cancer. 

3. Miracles don't mean you know God: In Matthew 7:22 "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name. And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness". Yes from this it looks like it's even possible to see signs and wonders and not really know God, but it's talking about lawlessness or evildoers. I would say this is speaking of believers that haven't repented and turned away from sin or maybe thinking they are saved just because they've seen signs and wonders.

Cool. Want to know what? There's no evidence that any god is behind such miracles. For all we know, it could be Santa Claus, or the Tooth Fairy, as there is just as much evidence that they are behind these miraculous works. Or then again, it could just be the fact that shit happens, some people are healed, and some are not. While you're at it though, since your beliefs are so ardent, maybe you could ask the dude why he's making so many people sick with incurable diseases to begin with. A bit nasty of him I'd say. And if you're going to come around with the reply that he's making people sick and healing them so that we'd believe in him, ask him where he's been hiding and why he can't just show himself and be done with all the tomfoolery.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, midniterider said:

LF? Any change in your friend's fingers yet?

No text or phone call... and I'm pretty sure I'd be one of the first to know.

Will visually check tomorrow.

• Haha 1

Street-performing carny trash here.

I knew the leg- and arm-lengthening tricks before I had ever even heard of so-called Christians using the bit as evidence of supernatural powers.

I learned them from reprints of 19th-century magicians' handbooks and guides to "Parlor Tricks To Amuse and Delight!".

I've laid hands on people, including absolute, total strangers in absolutely-non-religious environments (waiter at a diner, random person on a beach) and had them fall over, healed from headaches, etc.

I've had people tell me about dreams and I've interpreted them, even sussing out details they didn't reveal. Those are simple techniques of suggestion, anticipation and process-of-elimination.

I did those things before I ever attempted to advance in so-called ministry. Once I discovered the freewheeling, Wild-West world of nearly-theology-absent "charismatic" Christianity, I found the two things I had longed for (well, three): the approval of parent figures who encouraged my chosen work, the availability of fans who would latch on to anyone with a personality and a shtick, and desperate, horny married women bound to emasculated softies, drunken non-members, wayward kids, or some combo. They needed a loud, brassy, bold, masculine, unafraid man who was both "spiritual" and forthright about his intentions. Holy phrases and a large vocabulary and faded-denim-blue eyes work wonders.

I never knew biblegod because biblegod never existed.

I sure knew his religion, though, backwards and forwards.

In short, I'm the most jaded, bitter, cynical ex-C you'll ever meet. I have more bones to pick than the ones in Ken Ham's creation-porn fantasies.

It's horseshit. Try testing me if you like, Mr. Assume-So-Much.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

By the way, donthodl, I did not "give up." I did NOT want to leave the faith. Coming to the realization that it's mythology was an excruciating path. It was not the path I wanted, but there was no denying reality. I just could not force myself to believe something that turned out to be untrue. 

• Like 3

Ok look I know I'm not going to convince you. For me though my life has never been better. We do filter everything through our world view. If we believe there's no God we see everything in a way that people are just stupid and delusional, who say there is. If we believe in God, we see the world vastly different and the same goes for many other religions and cultures.

Some of you are saying you'd believe if you saw a finger grow back or a miracle. We see after Jesus raised Lazareth from the dead, many were amazed and believed, but the religious leaders of the time, said "We must kill him". They'd also seen Jesus heal and it's mostly mentioned on the Sabbath day, but even with the miracles they chose to be annoyed that the healing happened on the Sabbath and not so much care for the healing itself. So even if the finger were to grow back it's unlikely that it would change your mind.

Another thing that's I've been talking about and no one has mentioned is deliverance. Jesus didn't preach about actual healing or deliverance, but was just about setting people free. I've seen a few people set free from demons, including my atheist skeptic friend, who 100% admitted he had something within him that left out of his mouth. He also told me one time his old girl friend who had a lot of problems. One day he was looking at her and within her eye itself ignited a fire then went out again. You can see dozens of videos about similar things where magicians are doing tricks or those involved in witchcraft and their eyes will change to like cat eyes. David Icke has noticed this also and he thinks it's shape shifters or a reptilian race, but my prospective I know it's just people that have demons.

One point that I talk about a lot is Heavy Metal bands and their singing about Christian ideas as well as the devil. I have some friends in a band and I said to them ACDC are a religious band because they sing about hell and the devil. Just because they say they aren't religious doesn't mean anything when you look at their lyrics. There are many bands and won't go into detail, but they sing about Christian consents, or burn the Christians and let satan rule etc. You don't hear Heavy Metal bands though sing about Buddah, Muhammad at all or with the same hatred aimed at them.

Why do so many of these bands have a common theme and all seem to have a focus around satan? I just mean it's a bit more of a coincidence. Bands such as Behexen, Behemoth, Dissection, Dark Funeral, Gorgoroth, Deicide and many others. People flock to listen to these bands and all would say they hate religion, but are knowingly worshiping satan. Like the movie The Usual Suspects movie has the quote "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Just look up the lyrics from any of these bands and they are actually giving praises to satan. Talk about killing Christians or prophets and so many of their ideas in their songs relate directly back to the bible and the ideology of satan.

You cannot sing songs to Jesus all day and even in your career and then say, "I"m an atheist." It's the same you can't sing songs about satan and demons all day to then say, "I'm an atheist."
The term occult in Latin is occultus which means "clandestine, hidden, secret". Of course there's a reason to be hidden. If people knew the truth they would never allow satan to get a grip on them.

• Haha 1

• Super Moderator

You can see dozens of videos about similar things where magicians are doing tricks or those involved in witchcraft and their eyes will change to like cat eyes. David Icke has noticed this also and he thinks it's shape shifters or a reptilian race, but my prospective I know it's just people that have demons.

You need a reality check, but it's clear you aren't interested. At least take a break from those bullshit YouTube vids; they'll rot your brain.

• Like 1

Why do so many of these bands have a common theme and all seem to have a focus around satan? I just mean it's a bit more of a coincidence. Bands such as Behexen, Behemoth, Dissection, Dark Funeral, Gorgoroth, Deicide and many others. People flock to listen to these bands and all would say they hate religion, but are knowingly worshiping satan. Like the movie The Usual Suspects movie has the quote "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

How is this not obvious? I'll step you through it, if you prefer. Some people might be interested in the origins of heavy metal. 

First of all, heavy metal bands basically originate here in the west with a lineage basically coming from Black Sabbath in the late 60's, who, upon seeing people flocking to a horror film, "Black Sabbath," came up with a new marketing scheme. The idea is described by Ozzy in some interviews. But the basic realization was that if people pay good money to go and get the shit scared out of them in the movies, why not replicate horror film mentality in rock? This is the very beginning of the bandwagon what would follow into the 70's, 80's, 90's and into today. It worked. People like heavy metal in similar ways to liking horror films - it's 100% about entertainment. I don't know if eastern cultures have jumped on this western origin bandwagon, singing metal about Kali or some such thing, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's out there. 

But why is it entertaining to focus on horror? 

That goes back further. Horror often focuses on the devil and satanism, witches and black magic, and everything that seems socially scary from a judeo-christian perspective here in the west. The usage of the dark symbols of the mythology provoke reactions, publicity. That's the story of the satanism and all of it. Satan, hell, and the whole shebang was created by men over long periods of time. What people think of today is a collaboration of centuries of piecing together various elements until eventually coming up with what people consider the devil and hell. But it wasn't all there from the outset, it wasn't handed down in tact as a divine revelation of what reality consists of. Instead, it evolved over long periods of time with specific evidences of being a man made mythological creation.  

So here we are now, talking about things that evolved over long periods of time and never had any objective reality to pin point and speak of in the first place. And how people wanting to rebel against the status quo of judeo-christian religio-political dominance created such things as satanism, based on mythology that never had any objective reality in the first place. It was merely the case of rebelling against the church and state. And much later, some British blues-rock kids had an ingenious marketing idea to a create a special niche for themselves in the rock world by making the theme horror oriented, referencing witches, sorcerer's and the devil. And how thereafter more and more rock groups jumped on the bangwagon and whole sale copied their idea until a genre of "Heavy Metal" emerged and then continued here in western, judeo-christian culture. With AC/DC and everyone else falling in behind the monetary bandwagon. 

Was that simple enough to understand? 

• Like 3