Goodbye Jesus

The weirdest thing is happening to me

SerenelyBlue

42 minutes ago, SerenelyBlue said:

1 Corinthians 2:13-16 NLT
When we tell you these things, we do not use words that come from human wisdom. Instead, we speak words given to us by the Spirit, using the Spirit’s words to explain spiritual truths. f [14] But people who aren't spiritual can't receive these truths from God's Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can't understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means. [15] Those who are spiritual can evaluate all things, but they themselves cannot be evaluated by others. [16] For, “Who can know the LORD ’s thoughts? Who knows enough to teach him?” h But we understand these things, for we have the mind of Christ.

... I wonder how long before this LATEST bout passes!!!!????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SerenelyBlue said:

1 Corinthians 2:13-16 NLT
When we tell you these things, we do not use words that come from human wisdom. Instead, we speak words given to us by the Spirit, using the Spirit’s words to explain spiritual truths. f [14] But people who aren't spiritual can't receive these truths from God's Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can't understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means. [15] Those who are spiritual can evaluate all things, but they themselves cannot be evaluated by others. [16] For, “Who can know the LORD ’s thoughts? Who knows enough to teach him?” h But we understand these things, for we have the mind of Christ.

Holy shit. I hadn't read that before. Some confidence that Paul dude had. There's no reasoning with his attitude. I hope you can see the circularity of those arguments, though.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

Every time I ask you to substantiate this truth, you dodge and weave. You admit the bible is written by errant men. So I can take from that that we can eliminate the bible as truth and god as it's author. So what does having the "author of truth" mean? 

I learn as I go along.  Scripture has its failings.  Written by men.  But they were inspired by God.  God uses scripture to speak to us.

12 hours ago, Joshpantera said:

Every time I ask you to substantiate this truth, you dodge and weave. You admit the bible is written by errant men. So I can take from that that we can eliminate the bible as truth and god as it's author. So what does having the "author of truth" mean? 

The author o truth means the creator of all that is truthful

10 hours ago, disillusioned said:

I'll freely admit that I don't have the author of truth. But I'm happy enough,  on most days. Hope you are too @SerenelyBlue.

Thank you 😊

13 hours ago, sdelsolray said:

What is this "weirdest thing"?  What is weird about it?  Why is it more weird than any other thing?

The Holy Spirit opens up your mind in ways that are weird.  I used to believe secular logic concerning God and spiritual matters was king.  The weirdest thing is now I see it is useless and foolish.

7 hours ago, duderonomy said:

Pretty sure you know we aren't foolish on spiritual matters. Instead of a blanket statement H, why don't you start a thread with one example of why you think so and we can all discuss it. We can do one at a time that way, unless you are now coming back just to bash us, and I think you've shown in the past that you are better than and more intelligent than that.

I wasn't bashing.  I was stating fact.  You won't believe God speaks through scripture.  When you were spirit filled you realized that there is a God and it was foolish to assert there isn't one.  You are now in a new realm where you don't see the obvious anymore.  Hopeless, unless you once more give in to the Spirit.

5 hours ago, L.B. said:

This is how it always turns out when you try to dialogue with people who believe in nonsense.

"I just know that I know, and you can't know because you don't have the unverifiable magic that I have.

Never mind that there's no agreement on how to understand a god, or how to relate to a god, or what things are important to the god."

Hell, even people who belong to the SAME churches can't agree with each other.

By the way, @end3, when you're the one who needs to believe that the world is a 6,000-year-old cesspool of "sin" and "wickedness", from which people can only be "saved" by an invisible sky daddy whose benevolent dictatorship is the only grounds for your sense of well-being...

... I'm not the one with the masturbatory fantasies.

Noah and the ark is myth.  Creation story is symbolism plus some more.  Not all Christians fit into the narrow view you have of them.

1 hour ago, SerenelyBlue said:

Noah and the ark is myth.  Creation story is symbolism plus some more.  Not all Christians fit into the narrow view you have of them.

noah is a myth

adam is a myth

talking snake is a myth

moses is a myth

joshua is a myth

jesus genealogy traces back to a myth. 

but jesus is real. holy spirit is real. scripture is real. 

believe and repent.

if not the hell is reserved for you ex christians, eternal suffering awaits you

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

I learn as I go along.  Scripture has its failings.  Written by men.  But they were inspired by God.  God uses scripture to speak to us.

2 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

The author o truth means the creator of all that is truthful

Noah and the ark is myth.  Creation story is symbolism plus some more.

Here's the thing, SB. Genesis is symbolism, not literally true. If the world wasn't created in six literal days, and Adam and Eve were not the first literal people, then the bible doesn't tell the TRUTH of the origins of life on earth, nor the age of the earth. There's a pretty much unbroken lineage flowing from Adam to Noah, Noah to the rest of mankind with special line leading to King David and Joseph, with Jesus shoe horned in at the end. These stories are myths, but they are myths taken from the pagan cultures who had different name characters and reworked into a presentation of jewish origins. They don't contain truth in any factual sense. And symbolism deals in terms of metaphor and allegory. They don't tell you what's true about the earth, life nor who and what you are for that matter. These myths are what claim a god exists. But they aren't literally true, god isn't literally true....

They only speak of the human mind struggling to grasp at the mysteries of preconditions and it's own existence. And fall short of solving those mysteries by providing the TRUTH behind those mysteries. This is all mind stuff. 

You should ask yourself, what's the difference between failing scriptures that are inspired by a god verses failing scriptures that are not inspired by a god and do some closer analysis.

20 minutes ago, pratt said:

I am sorry if I threatened ex Christians.  I thought I was doing you and God a favour.

3 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

Most of my posts are backed up by scripture and therefore are Holy Spirit inspired.  The writers of the Bible, although human were inspired by the Holy Spirit. 

It's so good when the holy spirit speaks through a human. Yep. So much wisdom from humans in the bible. 

Psalm 137:9 

''Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!''

Stop cherry picking from the so-called holy book SB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Joshpantera said:

You should ask yourself, what's the difference between failing scriptures that are inspired by a god verses failing scriptures that are not inspired by a god and do some closer analysis.

Jesus lived and he died so that we could live.  That is most important.  God sacrificed himself for us.  God uses scripture despite its shortcomings.  The Holy Spirit is real.

There are many Christians, including many Catholics, who don't take every part of the Bible literally.

14 minutes ago, Margee said:

It's so good when the holy spirit speaks through a human. Yep. So much wisdom from humans in the bible. 

Psalm 137:9 

''Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!''

Stop cherry picking from the so-called holy book SB.

Paul said homosexuals were deviant, ancient people were more barbaric.  Two examples of things that changed in the modern world.  Outdated.  

I am not cherry picking.  I am open to the real Holy Spirit of Christ Jesus.

ancient people were more barbaric.  Two examples of things that changed in the modern world.  

Ya think so, do ya?? Have you been keeping up with the news?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, SerenelyBlue said:

Jesus lived and he died so that we could live.  That is most important.  God sacrificed himself for us.  God uses scripture despite its shortcomings.  The Holy Spirit is real.

You had to pull all of the above from scriptures, which have shortcomings. That's cherry picking. You are literally picking the parts you prefer to believe and disregarding the parts you'd rather not believe. Yes, a lot of short sided and inconsistent christians do this very thing. Catholics not withstanding. When they do so, they commit logical fallacies and special pleading. 

This isn't any different than going through a fiction like Star Wars deciding which things really did happen in a galaxy far, far away and what didn't really happen. And claiming that the things you decided did really happen, are divinely inspired while the other things from the fiction that you do not accept, were not divinely inspired but simply man made. It doesn't get any more inconsistent than that. That's why fundies regard liberal, pick and choose their way through the bible christians as pawns of the devil, foolish, deceived, etc. 

It boils down to this, it's logically fallacious to pick and choose. Setting picking and choosing aside, we're left with obvious errant material. The only logical choice in the end is regarding the bible and it's claims about god, jesus and a holy spirit as fictional works of errant human minds. It's consistently errant right on through. That's the bravado....

• Like 2

• Super Moderator
3 hours ago, SerenelyBlue said:

The Holy Spirit opens up your mind in ways that are weird.  I used to believe secular logic was king.  The weirdest thing is now I see it is useless and foolish.

That comment is just plain scary.   Do you look both ways before crossing the street?  Or do you throw out  "useless and foolish" logic and rely on your holy spirit/jesus/god/fill-in-the-blank to whisk you away from an oncoming vehicle?   Why not prove us all wrong?   Abandon logic.   Drink a nice tasty glass of bleach while handling snakes.*

Sheesh, with your mental state,  no wonder you entitled your thread is "The weirdest thing is happening to me."   

*I'm not REALLY advocating this - just making a point about your so-called "uselessness and foolishness of logic".

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

I am sorry if I threatened ex Christians.  I thought I was doing you and God a favour.

You thought wrong.  You're stroking your own ego.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, buffettphan said:

That comment is just plain scary.   Do you look both ways before crossing the street?  Or do you throw out  "useless and foolish" logic and rely on your holy spirit/jesus/god/fill-in-the-blank to whisk you away from an oncoming vehicle?   Why not prove us all wrong?   Abandon logic.   Drink a nice tasty glass of bleach while handling snakes.*

Sheesh, with your mental state,  no wonder you entitled your thread is "The weirdest thing is happening to me."   

*I'm not REALLY advocating this - just making a point about your so-called "uselessness and foolishness of logic".

Secular logic regarding God and spiritual matters!

• Super Moderator
1 minute ago, SerenelyBlue said:

Secular logic regarding God and spiritual matters!

Logic is logic.  It either applies or it doesn't.

1 minute ago, buffettphan said:

Logic is logic.  It either applies or it doesn't.

Human logic improves with time.  God's logic stays consistent.

• Super Moderator

Paul said homosexuals were deviant, ancient people were more barbaric.  Two examples of things that changed in the modern world.  Outdated.  

I am not cherry picking.  I am open to the real Holy Spirit of Christ Jesus.

Just now, SerenelyBlue said:

Human logic improves with time.  God's logic stays consistent.

Riiiiiiiight.  /sarcasm 

Paul wrote divinely inspired letters, but they are still human written letters.

• Super Moderator
Just now, SerenelyBlue said:

Paul wrote divinely inspired letters, but they are still human written letters.

Cherrypicking.  Again.