• 0
TrueArrow

Hi I'm on a mission to help a christian in the kitchen.

Question

My wife is reborn too, and I've become agnostic trying to commit the "perfect sin" before the throne of grace to dodge evil, it's where you are unbelieving and believing at the same time as much as possible, to get out of my stress disorder (whatever is not a faith was sin, and faith was hearing the word of God in Christianity) but i am driving my wife nuts too much and I have to do alot of manual labour, I've told her I love her too but my disorder is messing up too much our relationship and she is sad more than she needs to be she is so loving. The answer is don't believe in satan from the bible, when you know the bible is truth for 99 sheep and false for 100th (make yourself number one if you are 100) when God can't seem to answer properly it's an early warning signal the re-establishment of the shadow of death goes away the more satan is only in reality part of the sub-conscious of your mind from faith washing, as you can read my signature, if God doesn't have any response anymore they are early warning symbols, and don't believe what the black sun stuff said either, because in reality, simply put, satan stopped existing when I don't believe he is real, and shows up again, then he don't exist, take my word for it I saw he isn't there before. Done, now gents how did you keep your wife through it from God (we both prayed for a spouse first)?

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Dafuq?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.



  • 0

Is this a POTUS tweet?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I empathize with your stress about theology, truly. You might need to slow down, breathe, and cool your circular thoughts/worries for a little bit, however. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I'm sorry... What was the question again?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Welcome! Glad your here with us! But..but...but could you  take that down to one paragragh and make it real simple for me?? :huh: I just got lost there. I might even  be able to help!!!! :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi... welcome to Ex-C

 

I'd like to help, but like the others I haven't a clue what you need help with.

 

You mentioned not believing satan was real.... maybe just go one further and ask whether God is real? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
10 hours ago, Margee said:

Welcome! Glad your here with us! But..but...but could you  take that down to one paragragh and make it real simple for me?? :huh: I just got lost there. I might even  be able to help!!!! :D

 

What I mean is, my wife is from praying to God, and that is how she found me as well was praying to God, both of us praying for a spouse. Now that I kinda can't trust the LORD, how do you keep the connection there? She still follows religion, I don't.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi TrueArrow. I gather that the common ground that you and your wife had originally was that you were both praying to find a spouse. Were there other areas of common ground? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
8 hours ago, Eugene39 said:

Hi TrueArrow. I gather that the common ground that you and your wife had originally was that you were both praying to find a spouse. Were there other areas of common ground? 

 

I echo the above statement and question.

 

Was there anything else that attracted you to each other?  Do you enjoy being together?  Doing things together?  

 

My wife and I have been married 50 years.  I left religion after 30 years of marriage, but we had enough in common to hold us together.  One person leaving their faith isn't too uncommon, so if you both want to stay together, you can likely make it happen.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi True, and welcome.

 

My wife goes to church and I'm here. So it can work if both parties are willing to recognize that each partner is an individual with different needs and qualities.

 

Something I've always opposed is the part of a wedding ceremony where the B and G both hold candles, light a common one and then blow out the separate ones. The notion of extinguishing yourself and becoming one with another goes against the more realistic idea that while a couple can grow together (i.e., along side each other), they each need to recognize each other's individuality and need for separateness.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

yes, @TrueArrow

 

Couples can stay together even though they are unequally yoked. I am in that boat and it was stressful in the beginning. Upon coming out as a non-believer/agnostic/atheist, whatever you call it, I assumed divorce was imminent. 

 

Nothing of the sort is even on the horizon. Yes, for a time, it really looked as though we both would be better off parting ways, however, time has shown that not to be the case. After a few weeks we settled into a routine where she does fundy-school on Sundays and, frequently, Bible study on Wednesday night. I stay home both days and read and/or play guitar. 

 

This seems to be working for us but it took some time to come into play. Even her fundy friends stopped trying to pull me back into the fold seeing no progress and tiring of flinging nuances in my general direction. 

 

Hang in there. Give it time. Don't do anything rash.

    - MOHO (Mind Of His Own)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

You are still an infant when it comes to leaving the church, so the point is to give it time. Any problems arising from leaving the church, including divorce of a believer, will make themselves apparent over the next few years. If your spouse is a fundy, as you claim, everything will come to focus on your relationship. If your relationship does not come to suffer, then your spouse is not a fundy. I know fundies--I grew up with those people! A true fundy(tm) cannot exist in the presence of unbelief. They develop a permanent scowl and mutter to themselves (some call it prayer).  If she is a liberal Christian, she may stay with you. If she is a conservative, it's only a matter of time.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 8/4/2018 at 7:03 AM, TrueArrow said:

 

What I mean is, my wife is from praying to God, and that is how she found me as well was praying to God, both of us praying for a spouse. Now that I kinda can't trust the LORD, how do you keep the connection there? She still follows religion, I don't.

 

There is a sense in which the fact that you were both praying for a spouse helped you to connect with each other, but it wasn't due to the power of prayer -- it was because you were both looking for someone who was like yourself. Add to that being in the same place at the same time, and voila!

 

However, as some have pointed out, there's almost certainly more to your relationship than church. You don't say how long you've been married, but if you were able to get along with one another before you de-converted, then there's a good chance that you're compatible with each other despite no longer having religion in common. How you first got together isn't important at all now. What's important now, is now.

 

On the other hand, there are lots of Christian couples in awful marriages because the only thing they have in common is their belief that Jesus is a god, that prayer is somehow useful, and other such things. Those things may give people something to do together, but they don't do much to make a marriage work. Most likely, what happiness you've had in your marriage is due to something else.

 

My wife is still a believer, as well. We had a lot of really loud discussions when I first realized that Christianity is nothing but mythology. She even said, a number of times, that she didn't think she could be married to an atheist. She thought I wasn't the person she had married, because the person she married was a believer. It took time for her to realize that I actually am still the same person, and that "believer" or "Christian" isn't really who a person is. She finally sees that I've hardly changed at all.

 

But it isn't easy! And it'll take a lot of patience on your part because she'll be seriously freaked out for quite a while. You just have to keep being a kind, considerate person, and eventually it will dawn on her that you don't have to believe in any gods to be kind and considerate, and to love somebody.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 8/4/2018 at 9:26 AM, TrueArrow said:

My wife is reborn too, and I've become agnostic trying to commit the "perfect sin" before the throne of grace to dodge evil, it's where you are unbelieving and believing at the same time as much as possible, to get out of my stress disorder (whatever is not a faith was sin, and faith was hearing the word of God in Christianity) but i am driving my wife nuts too much and I have to do alot of manual labour, I've told her I love her too but my disorder is messing up too much our relationship and she is sad more than she needs to be she is so loving. The answer is don't believe in satan from the bible, when you know the bible is truth for 99 sheep and false for 100th (make yourself number one if you are 100) when God can't seem to answer properly it's an early warning signal the re-establishment of the shadow of death goes away the more satan is only in reality part of the sub-conscious of your mind from faith washing, as you can read my signature, if God doesn't have any response anymore they are early warning symbols, and don't believe what the black sun stuff said either, because in reality, simply put, satan stopped existing when I don't believe he is real, and shows up again, then he don't exist, take my word for it I saw he isn't there before. Done, now gents how did you keep your wife through it from God (we both prayed for a spouse first)?

This is very sexy! I like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now