Goodbye Jesus

Should We Expect a Higher Consciousness

Guest end3

9 hours ago, end3 said:

Ok with me C.  I've listened to what you have had to say.  I have tried to understand what you dislike about Christianity.  I gave you my beliefs as honestly as possible.  You can ask the people that know me here whether they think I was being forthcoming or not.   I hesitate to get in an in depth discussion with you because one, I have discussed these things with people 47 times over the years....and two, if I rehashed my beliefs with you, I doubt it will even make a ding in your wall.  I guess with your level of angst for Christianity, you can possibly make it a lifelong effort....who knows.  Take care.

And yes, I appreciate you sharing what your point of view is. I understand things I didn't understand before, and so that's good. But you clearly just don't really care what anybody else's beliefs are. It's just a rude way to conduct an interfaith dialogue. And yeah, I mean, again, I'm not shy, I'll find ways to bring my perspective in, but it's not worth the energy and work or the insult of having a discussion with someone who doesn't even care what my point of view is. HINT: my point of view isn't just "Christianity is bad" but even if it was, you had no interest in really addressing any of THAT stuff either. So...yeah no.

9 hours ago, end3 said:

We will know when we get there....as good a guess as any.  thx for the input.

Florduh, this is why trying to have a discussion with him is pointless.

8 hours ago, end3 said:

C,

The word I am looking for was intensity.  Your intensity or volume is so turned up, that I don't think you are able to consider other views anyhow.  Even when your intensity/volume comes down for a minute and someone says something that doesn't fit your liking, your intensity and volume go back up.  I'm no therapist, but I'm thinking that more a defense mechanism you employ for your safety. 

No, you are no therapist, and it would probably be best if you didn't playact as one. I'm this intense about everything. My volume is set at 11, period. I'm a high intensity person in general. "I don't think you are able to consider other views anyhow." What does this mean??

I've CONSIDERED Christianity. I even tried a liberal fluffy hippie version on my way out. I had nothing but respect for the people in that church but I DO NOT BELIEVE IT IS TRUE. Dude, I've considered other people's views. But again, the shit I'm angry about is NOT people's "views", it's actual measurable damage this stupidity has done to people. And I have heard your views. I appreciate you sharing them. I understand certain things about you better, but was your goal "to change minds?" If so, you really don't understand what a respectful interfaith dialogue is about. It's not "waiting to talk" so you can find a way to make your religion look awesome and bring them back to the fold. And if that's not your motivation then what are you even talking about. Consider your view for what? I've considered you have a viewpoint. It's not as horrible as most Christian viewpoints so congratulations for passing over that incredibly low bar. Do you want a medal?

As for "and someone says something that doesn't fit to your liking". You are literally the only person I've yelled at. I mean I got pedantic and annoying with truthseeker on something in another thread, but I wasn't yelling at her or annoyed with her or irritated with her. You are LITERALLY the only person so far on this forum that is this irritating and difficult to have a discussion with. So... maybe it's you.

I'm betting I'm not the first person to ever have this reaction to you.

• Super Moderator
35 minutes ago, VerbosityCat said:

Try talking to him about mud wrestling and viking helmets. He's cool with those subjects. 😂

56 minutes ago, VerbosityCat said:

Did you not read please.  I SAID I have discussed these things in detail 47 times over the years.  Florduh KNOWS my views, we KNOW each other.  My remark to him is not pointless because he KNOWS where I have been and where I am now.  You on the other hand see it as pointless because I am not answering to your satisfaction.  Pay close attention to this last sentence please.....even if I did, you would reject ANYTHING I have to say as my hippie version and not knowing ANYTHING about which you are describing. 

And for the record, there has been one dude in the last years that I would consider on your 11 scale....Sconner.  God bless him, he was angry at God because his son died at about age 10 or so.  I can't even imagine. 

37 minutes ago, VerbosityCat said:

No, you are no therapist, and it would probably be best if you didn't playact as one. I'm this intense about everything. My volume is set at 11, period. I'm a high intensity person in general. "I don't think you are able to consider other views anyhow." What does this mean??

I've CONSIDERED Christianity. I even tried a liberal fluffy hippie version on my way out. I had nothing but respect for the people in that church but I DO NOT BELIEVE IT IS TRUE. Dude, I've considered other people's views. But again, the shit I'm angry about is NOT people's "views", it's actual measurable damage this stupidity has done to people. And I have heard your views. I appreciate you sharing them. I understand certain things about you better, but was your goal "to change minds?" If so, you really don't understand what a respectful interfaith dialogue is about. It's not "waiting to talk" so you can find a way to make your religion look awesome and bring them back to the fold. And if that's not your motivation then what are you even talking about. Consider your view for what? I've considered you have a viewpoint. It's not as horrible as most Christian viewpoints so congratulations for passing over that incredibly low bar. Do you want a medal?

As for "and someone says something that doesn't fit to your liking". You are literally the only person I've yelled at. I mean I got pedantic and annoying with truthseeker on something in another thread, but I wasn't yelling at her or annoyed with her or irritated with her. You are LITERALLY the only person so far on this forum that is this irritating and difficult to have a discussion with. So... maybe it's you.

I'm betting I'm not the first person to ever have this reaction to you.

Did I not state before that my goal was not to change minds???  Need I go copy and paste???  And to the bolded....you have stated this at least 3 times now.  Got it.   Every time I log back in to this discussion, you have regressed to a previous point where you say AGAIN that I don't get it and then kick me in the shins a few more times before moving on.   

Not sure what your really want from a dialogue anyhow....you don't give a shit about Christianity nor Christians for that matter....regardless of their position in the process, yet you can't even see how one of the major tenants of Christianity is working in your life, right here, right now.  Nor would you be open to exploring that because your 11 is always turned up to 11.....12 on occasion when you are pissed.  

Chill, quit fucking kicking me and maybe we can visit...

1 hour ago, VerbosityCat said:

What kind of ding are you looking to make? What does that even mean? I mean I'm never coming back. So if that's the goal when you engage in a discussion, you really are better off leaving it. Also yes you've listened but you haven't addressed anything, or asked any questions about me or what my current views are. I mean do you understand how interfaith discussions work? They are supposed to be about understanding where people are coming from. The totality of me is not what I am not. I don't really get why in an interfaith dialogue, your faith was the only one that was discussed. But meh, I don't care. I'm not mad at you. I just really don't like your communication style. It's frustrating and annoying because it doesn't feel like you really care to get to know other people who differ from you without an agenda underneath it.

And the absolute refusal to really address any actual points I make Like you go... I don't understand why you're so angry. I lay it out for you. ANd you sort of gloss it over with you guess you can understand some of my points. That's not really a discussion. But I don't have time to teach you how to have an interfaith dialogue. I don't hate you, I don't even really dislike you personally. I'm not going to avoid or ignore you, but I'm not going out of my way to communicate in any meaningful way with you either because you've already shown me that is WAY more effort than I want to put in, when you won't match that effort on your side.

interfaith dialogue?  We don't share the same faith.  I don't do two, three, five gods.  My God is a part of me and me Him.  Go ahead, label yourself with some technical label and I will go read up on it.  I'm not above doing that.  My goal is actually to see you as a person, a unique creation, and whatever it is that brings you joy/brings you to the table.  If you want to participate in that, glory.  But it's gonna have to be you that puts down this fuck all you fundie stuff.....I have been a fundy....got the t-shirt.  I'm not running around saying fuck the multi-god fundies.  And you, please, are the one beating my ass about my lack of interfaith dialogue.  You need to be proud....I could have stuck about 5 ma'ams in there.

31 minutes ago, florduh said:

Try talking to him about mud wrestling and viking helmets. He's cool with those subjects. 😂

Hey, you are the moderator....can't you moderate her down to about a pleasing 6 or 7.....this 11 shit make me feel like Al Bundy...

15 minutes ago, end3 said:

interfaith dialogue?  We don't share the same faith. 

Google interfaith dialogue. lol.

• Thanks 1

• Super Moderator
17 minutes ago, end3 said:

Hey, you are the moderator....can't you moderate her down to about a pleasing 6 or 7.....this 11 shit make me feel like Al Bundy...

I don't know. I can't seem to do shit with you, so I doubt I can influence her. Just talk about mud wrestling, m'kay? 😈

• Haha 1

• Super Moderator

Y'all two sure seem like you got a lot to say to one another, for people who ain't conversating anymore.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

Google interfaith dialogue. lol.

yeah, I got it thanks....maybe she can explain how her five gods work in her life and why she thinks them faith-worthy. 

5 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Y'all two sure seem like you got a lot to say to one another, for people who ain't conversating anymore.

Her temper won't allow her to quit.  You know how much I enjoy the mud....  I do actually care.....just sometimes less than others.

9 minutes ago, florduh said:

I don't know. I can't seem to do shit with you, so I doubt I can influence her. Just talk about mud wrestling, m'kay? 😈

It was a joke....you're authentically biased anyhow....let's stay with it was a joke.  Maybe she could post pictures of herself in the pit...that would be nice.

• Super Moderator
16 minutes ago, end3 said:

Her temper won't allow her to quit.  You know how much I enjoy the mud....  I do actually care.....just sometimes less than others.

I'm not convinced this is you caring; it looks more like stubbornness to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I'm not convinced this is you caring; it looks more like stubbornness to me.

Yeah....I was trying to be nice the first few times trying to recognize whatever she had going.  Like I said, every time I return, I come back to the same rhetoric and it's my fault for not meeting her standards of dialogue.  Evil Christianity....did harm....not you, but Christianity...I got it.  Fuck, maybe she can set up a website, start a movement, print flyers...hell, I  don't know.  But I don't consider her in stable place with any of this......my original reason for trying to be nice.   I don't wish her harm or angst....but by her own admission she's an 11 on a scale of 1-10.... Not sure I have the energy for this outlier.

• Super Moderator
58 minutes ago, end3 said:

Yeah....I was trying to be nice the first few times trying to recognize whatever she had going.  Like I said, every time I return, I come back to the same rhetoric and it's my fault for not meeting her standards of dialogue.  Evil Christianity....did harm....not you, but Christianity...I got it.  Fuck, maybe she can set up a website, start a movement, print flyers...hell, I  don't know.  But I don't consider her in stable place with any of this......my original reason for trying to be nice.   I don't wish her harm or angst....but by her own admission she's an 11 on a scale of 1-10.... Not sure I have the energy for this outlier.

Well, it's good that you can still find fault in others.  Hopefully that is a trait you will always keep.  Imagine what grace and relationships would be like if you ever lost it!  The horror... the horror...

• Haha 1

Life is short. Is any of this important anymore, or is it just me that doesn't think so?  I'm not talking about the newbies, I'm talking about some of us that have been here for years and years.

We have one life each. One. Shall we spend any of it wrestling others with one short life into the dirt?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duderonomy said:

Shall we spend any of it wrestling others with one short life into the dirt?

... I think it was Thumby that entrenched the mud wrestling comments on this forum! Where has she gone? 🤼‍♀️

• Super Moderator
4 hours ago, Realist said:

... I think it was Thumby that entrenched the mud wrestling comments on this forum! Where has she gone? 🤼‍♀️

Perhaps she was raptured on one of those days the world ended. We've had quite a few of those lately.

2 hours ago, florduh said:

Perhaps she was raptured on one of those days the world ended. We've had quite a few of those lately.

Even mental rapture would be nice at this point...Calgon....something...

8 hours ago, duderonomy said:

Life is short. Is any of this important anymore, or is it just me that doesn't think so?  I'm not talking about the newbies, I'm talking about some of us that have been here for years and years.

We have one life each. One. Shall we spend any of it wrestling others with one short life into the dirt?

I wrestle to relieve stress.....weightlifting has helped as well.  The mental chess game is interesting...trying to figure where each of us is on the development scale....  Hans moved on....Antlerman moved on.  Florduh is near had enough.  I gauge you not far behind them....but a little back. 

• Super Moderator
26 minutes ago, end3 said:

Even mental rapture would be nice at this point...Calgon....something...

Isn't that what prayer is for?

1 hour ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Isn't that what prayer is for?

no, movies, hobbies, etc. would be a mental takeaway from the norm.  Prayer, imo, would be specifically for communion with God.

• Super Moderator
39 minutes ago, end3 said:

no, movies, hobbies, etc. would be a mental takeaway from the norm.  Prayer, imo, would be specifically for communion with God.

Hmm...