Goodbye Jesus

Sick of the Smell?

I've wondered why God wanted a final sacrifice to save mankind.  Supposedly He enjoyed the aromas of various things being burnt in his name, but in the New Testament He gives it all up forever and ever?  He seems so pissed off most of the time that you'd think some aromatherapy once and a while would be good for Him.  Just sayin'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

He gave it up for Lent.

mwc

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, mwc said:

He gave it up for Lent.

mwc

God's Catholic?  I thought He was 'muican.

3 hours ago, 1989 said:

God's gotta be something.  Figuring out which one that is exactly is just part of the fun.  The Jews and Muslims aren't even betting on a Christian sect.  The field is wide open.  Go with something crazy like Scientology.  Xenu could be god and you could win big. 

mwc

On 8/10/2018 at 7:34 PM, 1989 said:

I've wondered why God wanted a final sacrifice to save mankind.  Supposedly He enjoyed the aromas of various things being burnt in his name, but in the New Testament He gives it all up forever and ever?  He seems so pissed off most of the time that you'd think some aromatherapy once and a while would be good for Him.  Just sayin'.

Yup, he gave it up when Jesus died. Kind of leaves your POV hanging, doesn't it? Now who's pissed off? 

• Like 3

On 8/10/2018 at 11:05 PM, 1989 said:

Israel, Rome, etc. Murica didn't invent this stuff. 

10 hours ago, duderonomy said:

Israel, Rome, etc. Murica didn't invent this stuff. 

No, but we took the ball and ran with it straight into the crazy.  Mormons, Jim Jones, Branch Davidians, Pentecostals, and many many more.  Besides, God's a legal immigrant here.  Paperwork and everything. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Super Moderator

When god first called for burnt offerings, he didn't realize how good barbecue smells.  He had fucked up and declared pork an unclean meat.  So he launched an elaborate scheme that would involve killing his only begotten son, and converting St. Paul away from Judaism, so that he could declare all meats clean, and eventually creating 'Murica, all just so his nostrils could be filled with the sweetest incense every year on the 4th of July.  It's really the stuff of sit-coms.