Sign in to follow this  
older

Fundamentalist school bans 6-year-old due to dreadlocks

A six-year-old with dreadlocks was banned from his first day at a private Christian school in Florida because of his hair, igniting a firestorm of criticism.

Note that the school also gets state funding.....

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/dreadlock-ban-christian-school-hairstyle-florida-book-s-academy-stanley-a8494876.html

About every xian school I know of has these sorts of rules and everyone is given them when you enroll.  Not only that but you usually sign something that you've read them and will abide by them prior to them actually accepting you.  I'd be surprised that they weren't given these rules beforehand even if they weren't forced to sign-off on them.

My xian school had dress codes and enforced hair styles.  Boys hair had to be done very much like this school except we could go mid-ear as opposed to above the ear otherwise it sounds the same.  And it never seemed to change.  I don't know if it has changed to this day (I don't care to know their business anymore).

mwc

11 hours ago, older said:

A six-year-old with dreadlocks was banned from his first day at a private Christian school in Florida because of his hair, igniting a firestorm of criticism.

Note that the school also gets state funding.....

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/dreadlock-ban-christian-school-hairstyle-florida-book-s-academy-stanley-a8494876.html

What the bumba, ras, clot is going on here? 

How is this school getting state funding!?!  The rules don't concern me.  All private schools have silly rules like that.  The father should have read the rules and known what was coming, but a religious school getting taxpayer money!?!

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.