Goodbye Jesus

Start of a revolution... or evolution?

LogicalFallacy

We've discussed before about the next stage of evolution will be humanity artificially determining evolution through technology, specifically implants etc.

Well one company is implanting employees with tech that allows stuff like purchases, opening security doors etc.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=12110556

(Wait perhaps this is the mark in the hand of the beast?)

No doubt christian conspiracy theorists will be going nuts over this...

• Super Moderator

If humans are part of the natural world, then what they do is part of that nature. The exact same arguments about other tools we've invented such as the internal combustion engine or artificial organs are applicable here. High tech, AI and such, implanted or not, are just new tools. Every great invention brings about a revolution.

Well I wont have anything implanted in me. Not for some mythological nonsense, just for the simple fact I dont want anything implanted in me for any reason other than saving my life. Give me the chip on a card, itll work just as well. 

I'm kind of a privacy guy.  I don't want shit implanted in me unless it's a necessity for my survival (ie. a pace maker...even then).  It just means someone can track it and/or hack it.  I don't need that sort of vulnerability.  And I also know that tech obsoletes quickly.  I don't want a surgery to update every few years.

I think that things like CRISPR, in that they modify DNA, are probably going to drive some "evolution" more than sticking some RFID chip in my hand.  Maybe once tech advances a bit further but I think this area with be the better choice and the changes/upgrades, as far as I know, will be able to be passed along (like babies work now) unlike tech which have to be implanted in each person.

mwc

1970s RFID 😁

Vodafone_VT1.jpg

57 minutes ago, Fuego said:

1970s RFID 😁

Vodafone_VT1.jpg

Funny.  You'd "embed" that in someone's skull if they came at you.

mwc