Goodbye Jesus

Is it normal?

MamaCaz

52 minutes ago, Geezer said:

I'm sorry, but this will have to become part of your permanent record. If these type of errors and mistakes persist you should expect some form of disciplinary action to be taken by the high potentate, or at least by somebody that has some sort of title that makes it appear they have some kind of authority whether perceived or actual. :wacko:

😂😂😂

Not to be judgemental, but you only have 14 posts. What's the problem? Are you not having fun? You must have 25 posts to be considered a member in good standing, did I not make that clear in my prior posts? Let's get with the program lady. Shake a leg. You're giving the impression posting on this site isn't the most important thing in your life. What else, pray tell, could possibly be more important that this?

:78::dance:

5 minutes ago, Geezer said:

Not to be judgemental, but you only have 14 posts. What's the problem? Are you not having fun? You must have 25 posts to be considered a member in good standing, did I not make that clear in my prior posts? Let's get with the program lady. Shake a leg. You're giving the impression posting on this site isn't the most important thing in your life. What else, pray tell, could possibly be more important that this?

:78::dance:

Well I have to take time away from my prayer closet...😎

• Haha 1

:yelrotflmao::yelrotflmao::yelrotflmao:Good answer. You're a great addition to this site. So glad you found us. :woohoo:

8 minutes ago, Geezer said:

:yelrotflmao::yelrotflmao::yelrotflmao:Good answer. You're a great addition to this site. So glad you found us. :woohoo:

Aww thanks :grin:

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:01 AM, MamaCaz said:

Is it normal to feel anxiety and uncertainty when you first leave Christianity?  I'm certain I can't go back, nor would I want to.  But I go back and forth, sometimes at light speed, between being relieved and uncertain.  The uncertainty is torture...  I feel like I just don't know what to think anymore, and that even if I did it wouldn't matter because there's never really any "knowing." Guess I just need some encouragement that this will pass eventually, and that on the other side of this is some semblance of inner peace.

Yep, perfectly normal, and in fact a very predictable side effect.

The way I moved forward was to embrace uncertainty and realise that I cannot ever know everything for absolutely certain. It does pass in time if you put in place good reasoning skills and don't have expectations that you will never face doubt or uncertainty again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Admission is the first step to recovery

• Like 1

When I first deconverted I was swinging wildly between anger and sadness, relief and feeling stupid for believing all that stupid crap. It’s been more than 12 months and I’m feeling certain about my decision to deconvert. My husband is still a believer so I can’t escape Christianity entirely. However the emotional triggers are less frequent. Be patient, peace will come.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, LostinParis said:

When I first deconverted I was swinging wildly between anger and sadness, relief and feeling stupid for believing all that stupid crap. It’s been more than 12 months and I’m feeling certain about my decision to deconvert. My husband is still a believer so I can’t escape Christianity entirely. However the emotional triggers are less frequent. Be patient, peace will come.

My husband is still a believer too, and is a Christian music blogger.  BUT, we had a really good discussion the other night and turns out his beliefs are not conventional by Christian standards.  I knew they weren't, but I didn't know the extent, and some of his views have changed as mine have over the years.  Who knows, maybe he'll join me at some point.

• Like 2