Goodbye Jesus

Not One Answer to One Prayer For Healing : Giving Up On God

NeverHealed52Years

On 9/13/2018 at 7:58 AM, TruthSeeker0 said:

I want to be careful here. It's not anybody's right to try push you one way or the other in regards to you belief, but I will talk about my own. After I went through a lot of suffering, and dealt with all the "god is trying to teach me something" moments, or even worse, "god is punishing me for something" moments, it was pretty refreshing to turn around and start to question god himself: if god is so omnipotent (all powerful), and omniscient, and better yet, so loving and kind, why, in his power, can he not be more kind to us humans? Why couldn't he have just forgiven the first sin in the garden or eden, instead of deciding that the whole human race was now tarnished and sinful? Is that love? Is that fair? Is the creation of hell an act of love? What does this say about god? All of these questions were major breakthroughs for me. It was the beginning of the end of fear.

I never understood the thing we are cursed because Adam and Eve sinned. It wasn’t fair. It doesn’t make sense. In fact a lot doesn’t in the bible..I pushed questions aside asa Christian and just said to myself it is because we “offspring” so must suffer as they did. Still isn’t fair. Whole Christian doctrine is confusing and needs so much thought... it was too much for me to understand. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Goodbye Jesus
On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 2:48 PM, TruthSeeker0 said:

I think the toxic stress and anxiety resulting from some beliefs can have a clear impact on things like sleep quality, blood pressure, and depression. I have fibromyalgia and some other conditions myself. When I developed the latest ones, I realized I was at real risk of depression and was on the verge of it, if I wasn't already suffering from it. I had wished for death earlier during a major challenge, and luckily I realized my anxiety and mindset were unhealthy, and that if I remained in the church, things would get worse. It was as if there was nothing but a wall in front of me when I envisioned holding on to my beliefs, and that's when I decided the hell with it, I was going to examine them, because my own life was more important to me than what I believed. The funny thing is, I think some people that suffer this way are convinced their beliefs are offering them some comfort, when in fact they are doing the opposite. Thinking of yourself as a sinful, undeserving person is the worst thing you can do when you already have other challenges.

Yes, Yes and Especially the last bolded sentence, YES

• Like 1