Goodbye Jesus

Advice?

ag_NO_stic

I had a similar thing happen to me a few months ago.  Old college friend who we used to support as a missionary took a break from missions work and is now apparently starting up again.  Hadn't heard from him in years.  Then suddenly he sends an email asking how things are going and have I heard from this or that person (people we went to college with), and we should get together and reminisce.  I responded in a friendly manner, telling him about our lives the last few years.  Next email from him was the pitch.  "Hey, I'm starting a new missions position and wondered if you all might be interested in joining our support team?"  After a fairly long response in my first email to him, my second response was just two lines.  "I'm sorry, but we are not interested in supporting anyone.  Thanks for thinking of us."  He quickly bounced back apologizing and hoping this would not damage our friendship.  I rolled my eyes because not having heard from them in years, how is it that we still have a friendship?  I chose not to respond again and have not heard from him since.

It really does get easier as you get older and more at ease with yourself.  At my age, I just don't give a f*** anymore, though I will always be cordial and respectful.

• Like 3

Ag_NO_stic, I think this is pretty simple.

This person is simply trying to convert her old weak relationship with you into cash.

Nothing more.  Nothing less.