Goodbye Jesus

Satan gave man love. Was it worth the hate?

Greatest I am

Adam thought so. He instantly and without argument or hesitation ate of that knowledge when Eve offered love to Adam.

Without Satan causing Original Sin, mankind could no know of love or hate as love and hate are subject to being good or evil.

Would you do as Adam did?

Was Satan right in opening our eyes to love and hate?

Should we venerate Satan more than Yahweh who tried to deny mankind love?

Regards

DL

• Confused 1

• Super Moderator

Be more than happy to discuss all this with you, once you offer more than mere assertion to support your claims.

There seems to be no end to the religious nonsense that humans are willing to believe. God, Satan, Angels, Demons are all imaginary things that only exists in the minds of indoctrinated believers. Christians are convinced they must be "saved" from an imaginary God of Love that will burn them alive in an imaginary place called hell, because they are all "sinners", if they don't believe in their invisible, imaginary, God. That is complete and utter nonsense. And it takes a hell of a lot of brainwashing to convince people all of that rubbish is true. 

• Like 4

@Greatest I am Your OP has two major assumptions: Satan exists, and Yahweh exists.

You'd have to provide sufficient evidence for their existence before making a theological discussion worthwhile.

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

I'm assuming the question was in the context of the storyline, not an assertion that Satan or any other such characters exist outside of mythology. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/14/2018 at 1:29 PM, Geezer said:

And it takes a hell of a lot of brainwashing to convince people all of that rubbish is true. 

Or just calculated brainwashing at a young impressionable age before the mind is developed enough to ask questions, doubt, or resist.

43 minutes ago, florduh said:

I'm assuming the question was in the context of the storyline, not an assertion that Satan or any other such characters exist outside of mythology. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Is it wrong that I'm hoping you're wrong? It would just be more entertaining all the way around.

1 hour ago, florduh said:

Alright then.

In the context of the story line Satan wasn't in the Garden of Eden. That's a later interpretation by Christians who equate the serpent with Satan. But reading Genesis the serpent just happens to be another creation of God higher up than other animals.

So Satan is irrelevant to the story.

The story is about man disobeying God and suffering the consequences. It's a metaphorical story about human nature.

The question in the context of this story is assuming its true, should we want to love a God that intentionally creates a trap for mankind that they will be punished for before they could know the full consequences. Would Adam have made the choice he did if he had full knowledge beforehand, or at least an understanding of what good and evil was?  

On 9/14/2018 at 10:50 PM, Greatest I am said:

Adam thought so. He instantly and without argument or hesitation ate of that knowledge when Eve offered love to Adam.

Without Satan causing Original Sin, mankind could no know of love or hate as love and hate are subject to being good or evil.

Regards

DL

If anything Satan gave us our freedom from a tyrannical monster.

On 9/14/2018 at 5:50 AM, Greatest I am said:

Regards

DL

The Flying Spaghetti Monster says the bible is bullshit.

• Super Moderator

Greatest I Am gave us this thread.  Was it worth the effort?

• Haha 1

On 9/14/2018 at 8:50 AM, Greatest I am said:

Regards

DL

I prayed about this.

I heard God speak to me and say "this guy is full of shit!"  What's weird is that after that I heard Satan say "this guy is full of shit!".

Frankly, I'm not sure which one is right.

• Haha 1

So this is just about Adam going to the boneyard?

I think he could have gotten there without eating the fruit.  Eve had already eaten the fruit and was good to go.  Adam was going to learn about "love" one way or another at that point.  I can envision a few other alternatives (every other alternative) but considering they were going to live forever Eve would certainly get around to Adam I think.

mwc