Aaron81

Visual Assistance Needed

I’ve shared my xtestimony briefly on the introduction forum but I wanted to share a visual aid of my story. The reason being, watching watching ex Christians share their stories on video was extremely powerful for me. Especially in the early stages of my pre and post deconversion. I remeber

watching a video on deconversion by a former pastor named Joshua Tongul. Had I just read it, I don’t  believe it would have had the same impact that it did on me. Seeing his facial expressions and listening to his tone of voice was extremely helpful to me. The video experience felt very personal. It also generated all the same emotions I used to mistake for the holy deceiver (opps I meant Holy Spirit). Now I understand that it’s my ability to empathize with human emotion and not the holy deceiver (damn, did it again) touching my heart. The point I am making is, these “deconversion  videos” were extremely encouraging to me during my pre and post deconversion experience. 

I hope this video will encourage you on your journey out of Christianity and into reality. If you think it would be helpful to someone, share the hell out of it. I don’t have a social media account so I have only uploaded onto YouTube. We have to get the word out! There should be thousands of extestimonies out there by now but I’ve found very few myself. We really need to get the word out! 

I thank all of you who invest so much time and energy into this website and community. You have truly helped me grow. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

PLEASE EXCUSE THE ANNOYING COMMERCIAL BREAKS IN THE CONVERSATION:

As with everything these days, the cost of keeping the Ex-C forum up and running has been rising. Inflation? In part, but the primary reason is this: As participation in the forums grows, costs increase. The Ex-C forums will remain free of charge to everyone, but if you believe this little corner of the Internet provides value to you or others, and you feel inclined to help keep us online, please consider making a one-time donation or becoming a regular contributor. Contribution options appear under the "Upgrade" link above, and can be accessed by clicking here.

Oh, and as an incentive (no, you won't be given any bogus promises of eternal bliss), if you do become a regular contributor by signing up for any monthly or yearly patron package, this annoying ADVO will disappear.

And now, back to the regularly scheduled conversation...

4 hours ago, Aaron81 said:

I’ve shared my xtestimony briefly on the introduction forum but I wanted to share a visual aid of my story. The reason being, watching watching ex Christians share their stories on video was extremely powerful for me. Especially in the early stages of my pre and post deconversion. I remeber

watching a video on deconversion by a former pastor named Joshua Tongul. Had I just read it, I don’t  believe it would have had the same impact that it did on me. Seeing his facial expressions and listening to his tone of voice was extremely helpful to me. The video experience felt very personal. It also generated all the same emotions I used to mistake for the holy deceiver (opps I meant Holy Spirit). Now I understand that it’s my ability to empathize with human emotion and not the holy deceiver (damn, did it again) touching my heart. The point I am making is, these “deconversion  videos” were extremely encouraging to me during my pre and post deconversion experience. 

I hope this video will encourage you on your journey out of Christianity and into reality. If you think it would be helpful to someone, share the hell out of it. I don’t have a social media account so I have only uploaded onto YouTube. We have to get the word out! There should be thousands of extestimonies out there by now but I’ve found very few myself. We really need to get the word out! 

I thank all of you who invest so much time and energy into this website and community. You have truly helped me grow. 

Worth spreading around.

A-eight-one stated in part:

This place exists for folks of all kinds.  YOU grow 'cause the need to do so, and that in major part to help others hear your life and times which helps others.... Kind of damn good functioning circular argument. :)

Thanks kindly for posting vid, your story and of course having determination when listening in to those whispers who may have said something like "..hey man, this shit 'taint right!"

Keep passing on the good.

kevinL

• Like 1

Hey man, thanks for sharing this!  You’re a valuable member of our community!  I don’t know if it’s the only video ex-timony by one of our members, but I’m sure it won’t be the last.  It’s hard for many of us to go public even to the extent that you have here, but it’s valuable when it happens.  Non-believers are growing in number and the more visible we become, the more likely Christians are to start questioning their own faith, and those who have already deconverted will gain the courage and strength to be open about it.  That in time will create a powerful snowball effect...

• Like 4

On 9/28/2018 at 3:49 AM, ThereAndBackAgain said:

Hey man, thanks for sharing this!  You’re a valuable member of our community!  I don’t know if it’s the only video ex-timony by one of our members, but I’m sure it won’t be the last.  It’s hard for many of us to go public even to the extent that you have here, but it’s valuable when it happens.  Non-believers are growing in number and the more visible we become, the more likely Christians are to start questioning their own faith, and those who have already deconverted will gain the courage and strength to be open about it.  That in time will create a powerful snowball effect...

Thank you I appreciate that. This site is such a great idea. So thankful I typed the words “deconversion” and “former Christian” into google. 

• Like 1

I really enjoyed that, everything you said resonates with me (I'm sure all of us).  How did your family react to your deconversion?  You said your marriage got better, was your wife not Christian?  How about your parents?  My husband is still Christian, and although we're ok and he doesn't think I'm going to hell (his reasoning is wrong though) I know it has upset him that he has lost that connection with me.

On 10/3/2018 at 6:05 AM, MamaCaz said:

I really enjoyed that, everything you said resonates with me (I'm sure all of us).  How did your family react to your deconversion?  You said your marriage got better, was your wife not Christian?  How about your parents?  My husband is still Christian, and although we're ok and he doesn't think I'm going to hell (his reasoning is wrong though) I know it has upset him that he has lost that connection with me.

I’m so glad that my story reached and touched you. 

I received mixed reaction from the family that I shared with. My sister didn’t really say much other than she loved me and was “praying for me.” Mind you she in no way lives the Christian code of conduct. I didn’t share with anyone else because it’s rare religion comes up and I’m in a different state than my family. Some things like religion and politics are best to keep to yourself. At least that’s what I have learned. My family is pretty much content with their life and I don’t feel the responsibility or need to “convert” them so to speak. I don’t believe certain people are ready for this type of awakening. It’s something that they need to find out on their own. If they ask I would share. 

My wife didn’t have the same type of intense faith that I had. She is very liberal in her beliefs and rarely reads the Bible. She has slowly started to be herself again as well. The best way to explain how our marriage improved is that we are more free to be ourselves without having to suppress our true self. I take the blame for that because I would judge her for certain activities or actions that I considered “ungodly.” Now we don’t have that problem. I would encourage you to just be yourself and let things play out naturally. She doesn’t ask me questions about it so I don’t bring it up. Prior to my deconversion we were going to church like a few times a year so there wasn’t too big of a change. We had been separated and she had begun to “seek God” for our marriage to be restored. Lol...Honey I’m back and I’m no longer a Christian! God is good amen! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/23/2018 at 5:08 PM, Aaron81 said:

I’ve shared my xtestimony briefly on the introduction forum but I wanted to share a visual aid of my story. The reason being, watching watching ex Christians share their stories on video was extremely powerful for me. Especially in the early stages of my pre and post deconversion.

Thank you for sharing! As my deconversion was pretty recent things like this really help me. I often look for these testimonies on youtube as they make me feel I am not alone in this quest. 

• Like 1

@jenstar That’s awesome! To my amazement there are several others who have told me it helped them out as well. On my way to work this morning I listened to a deconversion video that I’ve seen many times already. There is nothing extraordinary about it. I just know it helps when I watch it. It’s ironic that someone else might be doing the same thing with my story. It is so enjoyable to share. Praise God Amen lol! 

• Like 1