Goodbye Jesus

Monkey see monkey do

quinntar

So Christian, you say you can't possibly fathom the greatness of God. That you can't grasp how powerful he really is. But he need's you (Some filthy sinner) to defend him. You're a retarded monkey compared to him, but he need's you to preach his word & somehow trusts you not to screw up your fellow retarded monkey's in the process.

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, quinntar said:

So Christian, you say you can't possibly fathom the greatness of God. That you can't grasp how powerful he really is. But he need's you (Some filthy sinner) to defend him. You're a retarded monkey compared to him, but he need's you to preach his word & somehow trusts you not to screw up your fellow retarded monkey's in the process.

What's your point please...

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, end3 said:

I think what is being said is that the flawed creation is somehow expected to defend, promote and otherwise apologize for the all powerful perfect deity that brought those "worms" into being in the first place. It's as if a perfectly healthy dad expected his legless one eyed son to support him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, end3 said:

@florduh Summed it up very well. Your God expects his sick & fallen creation to defend him. So why's that? Why does God need you to defend him.

12 hours ago, quinntar said:

@florduh Summed it up very well. Your God expects his sick & fallen creation to defend him. So why's that? Why does God need you to defend him.

I think our existence is more for our sake/benefit....not defending Him.  Why would you think He is in need of defense?

9 minutes ago, end3 said:

I think our existence is more for our sake/benefit....not defending Him.  Why would you think He is in need of defense?

Well should it exist, it certainly lacks the cajones to haul its ass down here and defend its actions itself. Your “god” is a coward. 

4 hours ago, end3 said:

Well, most Christians (If not all) get pretty uppity when you questions their belief's. You say anything against their God and they become deeply offended, then they rush to his defense. 

Here are the points I raised.

Point one: Why do Christians think they need to defend an all powerful being?

Point two: Why would God intrust his fallen & sick creation to deliver his message?

4 hours ago, Aries256 said:

Well should it exist, it certainly lacks the cajones to haul its ass down here and defend its actions itself. Your “god” is a coward. 

The God of the old testament had no problem in defending itself, then he went off to Kolob to rule the Mormons & bring balance back to the universe.

• Super Moderator
5 hours ago, end3 said:

You are correct, the God as depicted in the Bible (and by all the Abrahamic religions) would not need the help of humans for anything. However, his followers have always been quite eager to defend him anyway. Christian apologists exist solely for that reason. Missionaries as well. Lawmakers impose their god beliefs on secular society all the time. The Inquisition, Crusades and witch trials attest to the fact that many if not most believers feel obligated to "prove" their god is real and demonstrate his power by human force.

Such a god would not need human help, but try telling that to those who insist a secular society of laws have prayer in the public schools and the Ten Commandments posted on public buildings. Tell those who think society needs Sharia Law or secular laws that conform to the Bible. Such a god would not want people to worship him by force, yet here's where we are and have been since the earliest beginnings of the Abrahamic religions.

• Like 2

Yeah, I agree with the observation especially concerning the type of Christians that judge you based on what you believe. A supposedly all powerful being is apparently so insecure he will judge you solely on whether you invalidate him? Doesn't make sense, especially considering the demeaning and demoralizing way some Christians describe people and humanity. So, we're supposed to consider ourselves worthless, and yet this deity threatens us with torture and damnation unless we give him validation? It sounds more like an insecure narcissist that needs constant approval but also wants you to feel like a piece of trash. My personal theory is that it's just narcissists projecting their own personality onto their description of a god - since that word is such an abstract and vaguely defined concept it's pretty easy to do.

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:12 AM, Aries256 said:

Seems like from the story A, that God WAS down here for a good time....and defend His actions.  Now we are in a time of the Holy Spirit.  As I said, the process seems to be for our benefit, not his.  I would guess you have some sense of a morality A.  You defend it, yes?  The only difference is Christians claim to have a source for their morality.... 

Edit:

I don't mean to be rude....but do y'all actually think about this shit before your write?  God was with humanity in the Garden.  God was with humanity in the OT.  Then no God.....then no God, but Jesus was with humanity.  Now, no Jesus, but the Holy Spirit guiding.  You know, maybe I got the story wrong here, but how in the hell do you get that God is a coward because we are in a particular part of this process.....and some how you think that your belief depends on you placing yourself in the first part of this process. 

Come fix it you say....I'm a little certain that life may be test to see who is faithful and who is not. 

15 hours ago, DestinyTurtle said:

Yeah, I agree with the observation especially concerning the type of Christians that judge you based on what you believe. A supposedly all powerful being is apparently so insecure he will judge you solely on whether you invalidate him? Doesn't make sense, especially considering the demeaning and demoralizing way some Christians describe people and humanity. So, we're supposed to consider ourselves worthless, and yet this deity threatens us with torture and damnation unless we give him validation? It sounds more like an insecure narcissist that needs constant approval but also wants you to feel like a piece of trash. My personal theory is that it's just narcissists projecting their own personality onto their description of a god - since that word is such an abstract and vaguely defined concept it's pretty easy to do.

Per my last statement, in the timeframe of the Holy Spirit, why wouldn't we expect that someone's belief guides their judgment.  And if there are different levels of maturity in Christianity......which the Bible suggests there are, then, guess what, we would expect Grace to also play a major role in the system....which it does.   I'm glad you are free from any narcissistic ideals and projections...

• Super Moderator

To the original topic of people feeling the need to defend an all powerful deity we get a much clearer picture if we realize they are defending themselves. That is the motivation. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, florduh said:

To the original topic of people feeling the need to defend an all powerful deity we get a much clearer picture if we realize they are defending themselves. That is the motivation. 

Right.....and I/we just connected the dots between your statement here and the Bible.....and the need for Grace and relationships to understand the other person.    

45 minutes ago, end3 said:

And if there are different levels of maturity in Christianity......which the Bible suggests there are, then, guess what, we would expect Grace to also play a major role in the system....which it does.   I'm glad you are free from any narcissistic ideals and projections...

When Xians start talking about different levels of maturity, or genuineness, of faith, they magically somehow end up putting themselves in the more elevated position. I'm glad you're not being disingenuous in your compliments or anything... :P

9 minutes ago, DestinyTurtle said:

When Xians start talking about different levels of maturity, or genuineness, of faith, they magically somehow end up putting themselves in the more elevated position. I'm glad you're not being disingenuous in your compliments or anything... :P

Lol, I will genuinely confess DT, that I lack the qualities you seemingly possess.....a gracious person.  I admire that but have not reached that level on the ladder.  I do however, appreciate your patience.... Namaste... (that's a Christian Namaste, btw...lol)

4 hours ago, end3 said:

Seems like from the story A, that God WAS down here for a good time....and defend His actions.  Now we are in a time of the Holy Spirit.  As I said, the process seems to be for our benefit, not his.  I would guess you have some sense of a morality A.  You defend it, yes?  The only difference is Christians claim to have a source for their morality.... 

Edit:

I don't mean to be rude....but do y'all actually think about this shit before your write?  God was with humanity in the Garden.  God was with humanity in the OT.  Then no God.....then no God, but Jesus was with humanity.  Now, no Jesus, but the Holy Spirit guiding.  You know, maybe I got the story wrong here, but how in the hell do you get that God is a coward because we are in a particular part of this process.....and some how you think that your belief depends on you placing yourself in the first part of this process. 

Come fix it you say....I'm a little certain that life may be test to see who is faithful and who is not. 

Where does the Bible say "we are in the time of the holy spirit" I'm just asking, because I can't remember if it specifically says that.

Also can you back up biblically your claim that "Life is a test"

Thanks.

4 hours ago, end3 said:

Per my last statement, in the timeframe of the Holy Spirit, why wouldn't we expect that someone's belief guides their judgment.  And if there are different levels of maturity in Christianity......which the Bible suggests there are, then, guess what, we would expect Grace to also play a major role in the system....which it does.   I'm glad you are free from any narcissistic ideals and projections...

Because anyone can say anything and promote it as gospel.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, florduh said:

No, I don't know, you see the hurt in their eye's, the offended heart. Then they rush to defend their point of view as if Jesus hinself was hurt. The Bible says you can grieve the spirit, maybe that's why they feel the need to defend him.

• Super Moderator
5 minutes ago, quinntar said:

No, I don't know, you see the hurt in their eye's, the offended heart. Then they rush to defend their point of view as if Jesus hinself was hurt. The Bible says you can grieve the spirit, maybe that's why they feel the need to defend him.

They are defending their beliefs first and foremost. I think they realize their deity as constructed wouldn't need their help but they must convince themselves and others that they haven't made a mistake.

8 hours ago, end3 said:

Seems like from the story A, that God WAS down here for a good time....and defend His actions.  Now we are in a time of the Holy Spirit.  

Yes, those were great fairy tales.

The holy spirit I suppose came about when the bible writers realized the Lord indeed was not going to reappear reining fire and brimstone anywhere on earth, or otherwise telling fathers they must kill their sons to prove their worth to him.

42 minutes ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

Yes, those were great fairy tales.

The holy spirit I suppose came about when the bible writers realized the Lord indeed was not going to reappear reining fire and brimstone anywhere on earth, or otherwise telling fathers they must kill their sons to prove their worth to him.

So I imagine you subscribe to love.  I also imagine you share the same struggle that we all do...a choice of how we are going to respond each day, choosing whether we are going to respond in a way that hopefully furthers someone wellbeing.  Despite your description as fairy tales, they seem pretty accurate regarding what we see and experience.  I guess I would ask where does your spirit come from.   Do you ever have a time when you change from "mean" to helpful because you see a human in need.  What changed your mind if at all.

2 hours ago, end3 said:

And???  Somehow this is different than the non-religious?

Yes it is.

Firstly, a non religious person won't have an ulterior motive to sharing their knowledge with me.

Secondly, a non religious person won't try to convince me of the things they believe in because they wont see no immediate threat on my immortal soul.

59 minutes ago, end3 said:

Despite your description as fairy tales, they seem pretty accurate regarding what we see and experience.  I guess I would ask where does your spirit come from.   Do you ever have a time when you change from "mean" to helpful because you see a human in need.  What changed your mind if at all.

Which part of the bible is reflective of what we see and experience? If it's so, it would be because it was written by humans, who obviously made gods in their image. Yes plural, it's plural in the bible.

I don't have a spirit. But I do have morals and ethics, which aren't in a book. I don't need a book to tell me what to do and what's the right thing. If there's a time I get mean, it's when I start discussing the harm that religion and belief in fairy tales does in this world. Other than that, I'm pretty genial to people most of the time, and live by the do no harm to others rule. Including, don't burst their bubble, if religion/their bubble helps them in some way. If their bubble is doing harm to other people, such as trying to infiltrate politics and enforce their beliefs on public life and the secular sphere, I will try to burst it, in a big way. But you're here, in the Lions Den, so I think you know you shouldn't expect polite treatment here. I wont play nice here.

• Like 1