Goodbye Jesus

Article dismisses the notion of Ex-Christians

skysoar15

https://www.gotquestions.org/ex-Christian.html

The link above asks if it's possible for Ex-Christians to exist, to which the site claims no, due to biblical 'reasons.'

Hopefully the above link works. 

I'm not as bitter as I once was toward Christianity, but it still enrages me to hear something like that.

It both amuses me and enrages me at the same time. 

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

Of course there aren't any Ex-Christians.  We're figments of each other's imaginations. :blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"They were never one of us."

Obviously more of an attempt to apeas those still in the fold so they don't bail too.   :close:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Someone should send them a link to this site so they can dismiss us to our faces. Of course they still will, because that's the only way that they can explain how a person can lose salvation that is supposed to be impossible to lose. 

On a side note, they provided an image of what a true Christian looks like. Let's see how many of these applied to me:

- fully trusted in Jesus for salvation - CHECK 

understands what the Bible says about sin- CHECK  sin’s penalty - CHECK  who Jesus is - CHECK what Jesus did for us - CHECK and how that provides for the forgiveness of sin - CHECK 

- has received Jesus Christ as personal Savior (I believed so), has been made a new creation (I believed so), and is progressively being transformed into the image of Christ (I believed so)

All the above applied to me, and yet they would say I was never "one of them". In that case, no Christian, no matter how devout, can be sure that they're part of the clan. That's where the logic leads. 

• Like 3

The thing is,  they can always say we were never actually saved, we just thought we were. And I won't disagree with them there.  Of course we weren't actually saved. No one is. But on this way of looking at things, there are no true Christians either. So it works both ways.

The argument that there are no ex-Cristians begs the question. There's no need to be bothered by this kind of silliness. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Salvation is simple when they are evangelizing. As soon as we leave after decades of whole-hearted worship and trust, we didn't do it just right so weren't real... And not because of evidence, because a verse.

Perhaps start with why such verses are stupid rather than authoritative. Take away the "word of god" aspect by showing repeated historical falsities.

• Like 1

Interesting. There are no 'real' Christians if there wasn't 'real' salvation. Hmm...something to chew on. 

I also like how as Fuego pointed out, salvation is usually seen as 'simple,' but it takes a lifetime to escape from the idea of it. 

Very much an abusive type of relationship model. Hook the person in with sweet phrases and then make the person feel guilty upon leaving. Not only that, but hurl threats and question that person's integrity for trying to get out of the situation. 

Grateful I was willing to leave, but damn...this world doesnt make it easy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This is nothing but a defense mechanism on their part. If they admit there are ex-christians, their beliefs are on less shaky ground, because they would have to actually start listening to all the many reasons why people left the faith, and considering them seriously. This is just a handy way to dismiss people outright. It would have really pissed me off a year ago. Now I'm like, keep your group think. I pity these people.

• Like 5

who what is a christian?

Who gives a shit?

They're like the crazy ex you don't want anyone to ever know you had.  The awesome thing is, in this case, old crazy denies they have any exes so they can tell everyone they're still a virgin.  They still want you back but as long as you stay away they'll never tell anyone you ever existed.  Just remember crazy don't change.

mwc

• Like 1

Well, I never actually entirely bought into the whole damm dogmatic thing, so maybe I weren't never really a christian. That's fine with me!

Clever. Sow doubt in your fellow believers minds that maybe they arent real. 

Brilliant

• Like 1

probably a TRUE CHRISTIAN is one who is already dead and still believing in jesus. 

until you are dead and in jesus arms or bosoms, you are NEVER a christian