Goodbye Jesus

I believe in Jesus again

duderonomy

• Super Moderator

I can't take it anymore. I flipped. I'm going to get a Jesus tattoo on my ass. Praise Him!!!!

• Haha 2

• Super Moderator
Just now, florduh said:

I can't take it anymore. I flipped. I'm going to get a Jesus tattoo on my ass. Praise Him!!!!

You could get a rendering of The Ass-ention into Heaven.  Butt I'd find a really good artist if I were you.

• Haha 3

• Super Moderator
4 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

You could get a rendering of The Ass-ention into Heaven.  Butt I'd find a really good artist if I were you.

You crack me up. I'll try to wipe that image from my memory. It's a little upsetting and I feel flushed.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, duderonomy said:

'Thor' is thousands of years old?  Yup.     I know Stan Lee didn't create 'him'.  Who did?  

Northern European people. It's part of the spirituality that organically grew out of that people just like Hinduism organically grew from the people of India. And Judaism organically grew out of the Jewish people.

1 hour ago, VerbosityCat said:

Northern European people. It's part of the spirituality that organically grew out of that people just like Hinduism organically grew from the people of India. And Judaism organically grew out of the Jewish people.

Judaism seems to have come out of earlier Canaanite religions, as well as being heavily influenced by surrounding religions. They then of course took these things and made it their own. So yes it grew out of the Jewish people but didn't spring into Jewish consciousness from a void.

Jesus, the subject of this thread, then sprung out of Judaism of course, and Islam out of the two of them.

Meanwhile Dude has found Jesus.... which is awesome cause the guys been missing for 2000 years! :D 

• Haha 1

• Super Moderator
3 hours ago, florduh said:

You crack me up. I'll try to wipe that image from my memory. It's a little upsetting and I feel flushed.

Try not toilet it bother you too much.  It anus bad as it seems.

• Haha 2

On 10/16/2018 at 2:00 AM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

And we both know that we both know that only a god can kill another god.  Besides which, asking for proof eschews belief; and I'd hate to already have to play the No True Scotsman card on you so soon into your return to beLIEving.

Play any card you want, Prof.  But  the onus is still upon you to bring proof for your claim that only a god can kill another god. 

8 minutes ago, duderonomy said:

Play any card you want, Prof.  But  the onus is still upon you to bring proof for your claim that only a god can kill another god. 

Dude

you don’t believe, be careful i get hexes thrown at you. 

https://mashable.com/article/witches-hex-kavanaugh/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link#8DMUMhYvD9qk

On 10/16/2018 at 6:21 AM, pratt said:

i hve all the proof

Guardians of the galaxy vol 2

Infinity Wars 2018

Pratt, I understand. I used to make fun of all of this too.

Spending time watching four hours or so of Hollywood make-believe based on funny books isn't  proof.  Going in, the authors admit and we all know, that these movies are fantasy.

Plus, Guardians 2 was ridiculous if even if one thought that all of the original were literally true, and from the reviews and trailers I've seen of "Infinity Wars" they are out of ideas and just getting silly. Believing the gospel is easier.

On 10/16/2018 at 6:50 PM, VerbosityCat said:

Spirituality doesn't grow out of people based on their  location. 

23 minutes ago, pratt said:

Dude

you don’t believe, be careful i get hexes thrown at you. 

https://mashable.com/article/witches-hex-kavanaugh/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link#8DMUMhYvD9qk

Have all of the hexes thrown at me that you want.  They will bounce off me the same way they bounce off Justice Kavanaugh and President Trump. 

Who will throw your Hollywood hexes? Harvey Weinstein?  Bill Cosby? James Gunn? Kevin Spacey? Don't even get me started on the women.

All of that kind of filth in the world can throw hexes or anything else they want at me. It will only backfire on them through the power of truth. Won't even need God for that one.

On 10/16/2018 at 9:03 PM, TheRedneckProfessor said:
On 10/16/2018 at 6:01 PM, florduh said:

Try not toilet it bother you too much.  It anus bad as it seems.

"Heh-heh. Heh-heh. He said flushed and then the other guy said anus"

Toilet and bodily function humor. The true mark of... 

• Super Moderator
20 minutes ago, duderonomy said:

"Heh-heh. Heh-heh. He said flushed and then the other guy said anus"

Toilet and bodily function humor. The true mark of... 

The true mark of a benevolent creator who intelligently designed us to be open sewers.

Just now, TheRedneckProfessor said:

The true mark of a benevolent creator who intelligently designed us to be open sewers.

Well, that sounds a little cray-cray prof.  Would you please elaborate?  How are we "open sewers", and where do you get the idea that our creator is benevolent?

Spirituality doesn't grow out of people based on their  location. 

And yet... European paganism is wildly different from Judaism which is wildly different from Hinduism. Different cultures exist in different locations and different peoples due to how they evolve in these different climates and locations and situations are going to interpret reality in very different ways and therefore create very different types of religions.  Why are Shinto and Taoism and Buddhism much more similar to each other and less similar to Christianity, Judaism and Islam which are similar to each other but dissimilar to the previously mentioned things? Why are all the European paganisms so similar to each other but so different from these other systems? Do you really imagine a people who lives and evolves in the desert will experience the same challenges and develop the same worldviews and spiritual understanding of the world as a people who come from a rugged landscape with distinct seasons and where part of it includes snow and ice? Are you for real?

On 10/16/2018 at 8:39 PM, LogicalFallacy said:

Judaism seems to have come out of earlier Canaanite religions, as well as being heavily influenced by surrounding religions. They then of course took these things and made it their own. So yes it grew out of the Jewish people but didn't spring into Jewish consciousness from a void.

Jesus, the subject of this thread, then sprung out of Judaism of course, and Islam out of the two of them.

Meanwhile Dude has found Jesus.... which is awesome cause the guys been missing for 2000 years! :D 

Right. Exactly! But these are all organic developments within a people based on how that people interacts with the world around them and sees spiritual matters. I think spiritualities evolve with a people. It doesn't spring from a "void", it's IMO an interactive process of development and creating a template from which to understand your world. It's how we get "culture", too. Nobody's "culture" sprang into any people's consciousness from a "void" and yet Japanese culture is not Canadian culture is not African culture is not Indian culture etc. etc. ad infinitum.

On 10/18/2018 at 7:17 PM, VerbosityCat said:

And yet... European paganism is wildly different from Judaism which is wildly different from Hinduism. Different cultures exist in different locations and different peoples due to how they evolve in these different climates and locations and situations are going to interpret reality in very different ways and therefore create very different types of religions.  Why are Shinto and Taoism and Buddhism much more similar to each other and less similar to Christianity, Judaism and Islam which are similar to each other but dissimilar to the previously mentioned things? Why are all the European paganisms so similar to each other but so different from these other systems? Do you really imagine a people who lives and evolves in the desert will experience the same challenges and develop the same worldviews and spiritual understanding of the world as a people who come from a rugged landscape with distinct seasons and where part of it includes snow and ice? Are you for real?

You speak of physical challenges, geography, culture, world views, and etc as if that's where spirituality comes from. Is that really what you think is true?

You speak of physical challenges, geography, culture, world views, and etc as if that's where spirituality comes from. Is that really what you think is true?

Where do you think it comes from? Why do you think different peoples who evolved for thousands of years isolated from other groups in different regions develop such wildly different spiritualities? Heathenism for example has a BIG thing about sacred trees and groves and nature and the cyclical seasons. that kind of spirituality simply doesn't exist in a place where there is a totally different landscape and no seasons. How do you think a people evolves and develops a spirituality? Does it happen in a vacuum or a lab? What else BUT their environment and challenges and culture and etc. could possibly even create it?

It would be one thing if everywhere in the world you went spiritual worldviews were the same but they aren't. They are VASTLY different ways of seeing the world. I mean Buddhism is all "everything is one and an illusion and merge into the big one blobby thing" (an idea that is NOT attractive to that many people outside of the east btw), The abrahamic monotheisms are all about "Obedience" which European peoples RECOIL from, which is why the conversion to Christianity was so fucking brutal. etc. So why is all this stuff different? What's your explanation?

3 hours ago, VerbosityCat said:

Where do you think it comes from? Why do you think different peoples who evolved for thousands of years isolated from other groups in different regions develop such wildly different spiritualities? Heathenism for example has a BIG thing about sacred trees and groves and nature and the cyclical seasons. that kind of spirituality simply doesn't exist in a place where there is a totally different landscape and no seasons. How do you think a people evolves and develops a spirituality? Does it happen in a vacuum or a lab? What else BUT their environment and challenges and culture and etc. could possibly even create it?

It would be one thing if everywhere in the world you went spiritual worldviews were the same but they aren't. They are VASTLY different ways of seeing the world. I mean Buddhism is all "everything is one and an illusion and merge into the big one blobby thing" (an idea that is NOT attractive to that many people outside of the east btw), The abrahamic monotheisms are all about "Obedience" which European peoples RECOIL from, which is why the conversion to Christianity was so fucking brutal. etc. So why is all this stuff different? What's your explanation?

Verbosity Cat, may God in His infinite wisdom bless you and cause His Face to shine upon you.  

"...Buddhism is all "everything is one and an illusion and merge into the big one blobby thing" (an idea that is NOT attractive to that many people outside of the east btw),"   

Really? Because I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

Then,

"The abrahamic monotheisms are all about "Obedience" which European peoples RECOIL from, which is why the conversion to Christianity was so fucking brutal. etc."

Again, what?

Verbosity Cat, believe the Bible or don't believe the Bible, but take your time, please. You sound like you are parroting other people's ideas and they aren't fully developed.  You make many claims in just the post I'm responding to here that have no more evidence of truth than mine have.

Verbosity Cat, may God in His infinite wisdom bless you and cause His Face to shine upon you.  

"...Buddhism is all "everything is one and an illusion and merge into the big one blobby thing" (an idea that is NOT attractive to that many people outside of the east btw),"   

Really? Because I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.

Then,

"The abrahamic monotheisms are all about "Obedience" which European peoples RECOIL from, which is why the conversion to Christianity was so fucking brutal. etc."

Again, what?

Verbosity Cat, believe the Bible or don't believe the Bible, but take your time, please. You sound like you are parroting other people's ideas and they aren't fully developed.  You make many claims in just the post I'm responding to here that have no more evidence of truth than mine have.

Are you trolling me? I have no idea what you are talking about. You asked me if I really thought spiritualities came out of geography and yes, partly they do IMO. And I wanted to know your alternate theory. And yet... crickets. I have a very limited amount of internet time each day so either engage in a real discussion with me or don't but don't waste my time.

Hey duderonomy :)

Can I ask if this is true that You believe agan in Jesus or Your whole post is a joke?

Cause I'm kind of confused while reading Your replies to others.

If You believe again, what happened that You changed Your mind?

Greetings :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VerbosityCat said:

Are you trolling me? I have no idea what you are talking about. You asked me if I really thought spiritualities came out of geography and yes, partly they do IMO. And I wanted to know your alternate theory. And yet... crickets. I have a very limited amount of internet time each day so either engage in a real discussion with me or don't but don't waste my time.

You have a limited amount of internet time each day yet you have been responding to me for a few days now.  I respect that, and no I'm not trolling you although if I'm honest I have been joking around...to a point.

In my opinion, spirituality/religions/and so on did not come out of geography and the stuff you said and  I quoted...

and 

have nothing to do with geography that I can see.

All I have to say is......if Thor's nailin Jesus, then maybe god will come around on the whole "hate gays" thing....

You have a limited amount of internet time each day yet you have been responding to me for a few days now.  I respect that, and no I'm not trolling you although if I'm honest I have been joking around...to a point.

In my opinion, spirituality/religions/and so on did not come out of geography and the stuff you said and  I quoted...

and 

have nothing to do with geography that I can see.

I type fast. I get 1 hour a day online and I'm using it at Ex-C right now.

Then how do you explain that eastern religions are all similar to each other but wildly different from religions in other areas, and middle eastern religions are all similar to each other but wildly different from other religions and the european paganisms were all similar to each other etc.? Do you really not understand that in the spiritual evolution of a people, they are going to relate to their specific environment and that environment will affect how they see the world and relate to the spiritual? I mean this is like evolution 101, does everybody but humans respond to their environment?

2 hours ago, VerbosityCat said:

I type fast. I get 1 hour a day online and I'm using it at Ex-C right now.

Then how do you explain that eastern religions are all similar to each other but wildly different from religions in other areas, and middle eastern religions are all similar to each other but wildly different from other religions and the european paganisms were all similar to each other etc.? Do you really not understand that in the spiritual evolution of a people, they are going to relate to their specific environment and that environment will affect how they see the world and relate to the spiritual? I mean this is like evolution 101, does everybody but humans respond to their environment?

I don't explain it.    If I had to take a guess though I would guess that culture, and not geography, is where you might want to look first.