Goodbye Jesus

Bitter to the core but no prayer thanks

mandyjane

I am comming to the end of my marraige and feel deeply embittered by what a con this part of my life that lasted 20 years. I have DID and my religious identitys isolated from the man I loved and felt inspired by God to marry a complete prat. i have sufferred in a coersive controlling realtionship since. Thank myself that it is nearly over. So I feel bitterbut glad that I can allow myself real emotions an dnot feel gulty abount having them, that I can be as bitter and twisted as I like this evening with out some idiot trying to lay hands on me to cast out demons or make me forgive.

• Like 5

How wonderful that you are making a solid choice, and beginning a new path in life that is self-directed. Here's to the rest of your life, may it be a lot better!

• Like 2

Yes, take time to heal and grow.  Although you are probably anxious now, take a proper amount of time to traverse your next journey.  Certainly find things, subjects and tasks to explore and which have little, if anything, to do with the toxic religion from which you are escaping.  For example, visit old hobbies, study up on some science or history, watch old movies, etc.  If you have children, spend quality time with them.

As to the soon to be ex-husband, take the high ground, and hire a good lawyer.

As to the religious nutters to whom you are unfortunately exposed, there are several possible responses:

1)  No thank you.

2)  Go away.

3)  Fuck off.

4)  [Fill in the blank].

Kudos, @mandyjane for standing up for yourself and extracting yourself from the Chritty mind-control and marital abuse!

@sdelsolray gave some good advice about the barrister if you have not already done so.

Also the quite direct responses to the fundy crowd when they attempt to pull you back in is really the best approach. When I try to be cordial it seems to only encourage them. I simply say "No thank you." to invites and leave it at that.  Of course I'm thinking "FUCK OFF" on the inside. :P

• Like 1

Good for you! Now you can look at your life ahead and ask "what do I really want?" and, after asking, head in that direction. Good job on your escape! And that's proof for yourself that you are perfectly capable of moving forward.

Ah, the freedom of realizing it's ok to have feelings!

• Like 2