Bombs and threats against political figures

• Super Moderator

The alt-right mouthpieces and media outlets are already either saying outright or implying that this was perpetrated by those evil Democrats.

Let's look at the facts: The president openly admires the politician who body slammed a reporter, openly sings the praises of child molesters, openly carries on a gushing bromance with some of the world's most violent dictators, openly claims there are some fine people among the Nazis, announces his financial legal support for rally attendees who physically attack protesters, urges the police to let suspects hit their head as they are put in the squad car, wants the death penalty for the exonerated Central Park Five, claims the press is the enemy of the people and Democrats have an agenda to actually destroy the country, transparently lies about and dehumanizes his "enemies" and promotes wild conspiracy theories . . . . what did you expect to happen to people who criticize him? His supporters are either wealthy or ultra wealthy businessmen who benefit from his twisted agenda OR they are the actual victims of his policies and dumb as dirt. Of course somebody is going to take the next step so clearly implied to them.

• Like 1

I have no idea who is doing this but they clearly are amateurs, or they had no intention of any of those bombs actually going off. I think it's probably the latter. I think this is purely a political tactic and I think elements of the radical left are responsible.

They are trying to convince the public the radical right is behind this, but I'm not buying that because it makes no sense. Their supposed targets are to obvious and there are too many targets, and their mystery packages are too obvious too. Whoever is responsible had no intention for any of the bombs to actually get to their supposed targets. 

The intended purpose of this stunt was to make news and  also make as many people as possible believe this was a radical right scheme. Either that or they are the dumbest amateur terrorist on planet earth.I feel pretty confident they are going to be caught and then we will know for sure.  

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, TruthSeeker0 said:

How about we wait and find out instead of drawing conclusions beforehand? Novel idea, that.

You mean we should be logical, rational, & patient and give the authorities time to find those responsible? Where is the fun in that?  

• Like 1

Can't trust our three letter agencies.  Seriously, the FBI?  Not until they do some serious locking her up and stop them witch hunts.  Maybe the KGB will step in?

mwc

Conspiracy! That sums it up - either way, whichever side its a conspiracy. So it this post. 

Interesting if Trump and co have any evidence that it was the political left doing this intentionally then they are keeping quiet. All Trump has done is condemn the would be bombers. Now if he had evidence that it was the left doing this themselves wouldn't get let the world know? What is he hiding from us? I'd like to know cause I think the whole plan here is to blow us all up. He has a big button remember. The left doesn't need a button, it's already imploded and shows little sign of improvement.

• Super Moderator

These are violent times. We are divided and polarized. Let us not forget that this is the tone set by your president. If I need to enumerate the incidents of his calls to violence and vilification of "enemies" such as the free press and respected lifelong servants of the people, you must be deliberately turning a blind eye and giving him a pass for some reason. Welcome to Trump's America, and it ain't pretty; especially when reasonable people criticize the American Tyrant. 

• Like 2
22 hours ago, Geezer said:

You mean we should be logical, rational, & patient and give the authorities time to find those responsible? Where is the fun in that?  

Nooooo!!! lol.

• Haha 1
23 hours ago, Geezer said:

The US, and the world in general, would be a hell of a lot better off right now if people bothered to be such.

8 hours ago, florduh said:

your president

Anyone in Hotseat at 1600 is everyone's President.

So I was reminded every President since Ronnieraygun.

kL

• Thanks 1

The Boston Marathon bombers were two not-very-bright losers, but bright enough to build and detonate bombs. 

So, I'll assume for now that the current bomber was of the same profile. The Unabomber is only intelligent bomber I've ever heard of. It took years to finally catch him, and only because his brother turned him in. 

Republicans control virtually every aspect of local, state, and the Federal government; there is no need for them to resort to bombs. But their "base" apparently doesn't know this, so some of them think they need to resort to crude violence and be "heroes."

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, SkipNChurch said:

Anyone in Hotseat at 1600 is everyone's President.

So I was reminded every President since Ronnieraygun.

kL

Okay, technically OUR president. Clearly, though, he serves only his base and fuck the rest of the country. He decided to not be my president, not me.

• Like 2

So the feds have traced these bombs to Florida...hmmm...suspicious. :)

So the answer was a crazy person who was crazy long before Trump. The guy was arrested 16 years ago for violence, bomb threats and theft. A guy this nuts was probably going to snap no matter what. Mental illness is not anyone's fault, we will always have the odd psycho amongst us, we just have to be vigilant to get them the help they need before they go off the deep end. 

• Thanks 1
On October 25, 2018 at 6:36 PM, florduh said:

Okay, technically OUR president. Clearly, though, he serves only his base and fuck the rest of the country. He decided to not be my president, not me.

Can you provide a list of Presidents that didn't serve their base & attempt to carry out their parties stated objectives?  I feel certain hardcore conservatives never accepted Obama as their president; and to claim a sitting President is not my President is rather common from those in the party that is not in power. 

The President is their President whether they support him or not. 

• Thanks 1
  • Super Moderator
1 hour ago, Geezer said:

Can you provide a list of Presidents that didn't serve their base & attempt to carry out their parties stated objectives?  I feel certain hardcore conservatives never accepted Obama as their president; and to claim a sitting President is not my President is rather common from those in the party that is not in power. 

The President is their President whether they support him or not. 

Bush was my president. Clinton was my president. Nixon was my president. I did not agree with all their policies and ideologies, but they all served America as a whole.

Here's the difference. Other presidents have looked after the entire country while promoting their ideals. Trump has a small but motivated base of extremists who thrive on lies and red meat. They are his only concern because such a cultish group can keep an unpopular person or party in power. The hyperactive base is anti education, anti environment, anti labor, anti diversity, anti science and anti everything we have built over decades to benefit all Americans. All of us, not just a fringe group.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
44 minutes ago, florduh said:

Bush was my president. Clinton was my president. Nixon was my president. I did not agree with all their policies and ideologies, but they all served America as a whole.

Here's the difference. Other presidents have looked after the entire country while promoting their ideals. Trump has a small but motivated base of extremists who thrive on lies and red meat. They are his only concern because such a cultish group can keep an unpopular person or party in power. The hyperactive base is anti education, anti environment, anti labor, anti diversity, anti science and anti everything we have built over decades to benefit all Americans. All of us, not just a fringe group.

Florduh, I do respect you and you are clearly a smart guy but your post lately makes me wonder if you haven't been drinking just a little too much leftist Kool aid. You are sounding a little too much like you've been indoctrinated. 

Like all Presidents Trump has done some good and bad things. It's just that the bad stuff he does is really, really, bad. No one in their right mind could ever call him Presidential. He is a rogue, a big time narcissist, and a loose cannon for sure but I believe he believes he has the countries best interest in mind. 

I can can support some of the things he has done and is trying to do, but I can't necessarily support the way he goes about doing those things. 

Obama, IMO, was also a narcissist and a bully. He used the Presidency to get even with those he considered wronged his people like Britain and Israel. He didn't even try to conceal his hatred and contempt for Israel.

His name was originally Barry but he changed it to Barack, but that wasn't because he was a closet Muslim....yeah right. He would never have been elected if he acknowledged he was a Muslim and he knew that. That noted, he was a decent President and he didn't damage the Presidency. I would give his Presidency a solid B. I'd give Trump, at this point, a solid C-. 

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Bums and their bombs ~ swine wanting to hurt and kill people ~ Boston bombers ~ muslims just ```

I think the President is doing fine for all Americans ~ we should all give him our support ~ been a while since we had a person in office who likes the American People  and loves our country ```

2 hours ago, Vartan said:

Bums and their bombs ~ swine wanting to hurt and kill people ~ Boston bombers ~ muslims just ```

Ironically far more death is caused by gun toting white guys than Muslim's bomber, but for some reason don't see the same level of outrage, hate, and fear directed at all gun owners as we do for Muslims. Rather curious the way we humans sort shit out in our brains. Or don't sort it out.

2 hours ago, Vartan said:

I think the President is doing fine for all Americans ~ we should all give him our support ~ been a while since we had a person in office who likes the American People  and loves our country ```

A rather subjective opinion. According to polls 50% of US citizens would disagree, as for all the other Americans, North and South, well I don't think support level is particularly high. But he is certainly doing fine for some US citizens.

• Like 2

People who like Trump because our economy is doing well need to remember the "Roaring 1920s",  and the great depression that followed.  Some of the same dynamics are at play now.

• Thanks 1
On 11/15/2018 at 7:46 PM, LogicalFallacy said:

Ironically far more death is caused by gun toting white guys than Muslim's bomber, but for some reason don't see the same level of outrage, hate, and fear directed at all gun owners as we do for Muslims. Rather curious the way we humans sort shit out in our brains. Or don't sort it out.

I think it's a matter of not sorting it out, either that, or swallowing every line your news sources tell you, and your news sources may be heavily biased.

On 11/15/2018 at 7:46 PM, LogicalFallacy said:

A rather subjective opinion. According to polls 50% of US citizens would disagree, as for all the other Americans, North and South, well I don't think support level is particularly high. But he is certainly doing fine for some US citizens.

His approval rate is soaring lol https://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx

On 10/31/2018 at 11:55 AM, Geezer said:

His name was originally Barry but he changed it to Barack, but that wasn't because he was a closet Muslim....yeah right.

No, his given name was Barack. Barry was simply a nickname he went by when he was younger. We should not be swallowing wingnut conspiracy theories based on nothing better than the dropping of a nickname.  

https://www.newsweek.com/when-barry-became-barack-84255?amp=1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.