Goodbye Jesus

This Letter Came out of Nowhere

Aiyana

I hadn't talked to this friend since deconverting in 2014. She sent me this letter out of nowhere. Here's part of it. I share it with y'all because I know you'll understand! She doesn't seem to see the irony in telling me "It is never right to scare people... fear is never the right approach to come to Christ", and then following it almost immediately with "I pray you would turn back to Him before I lose you forever." Fam. THAT'S FEAR.

"I have never stopped loving you, even though we haven’t talked in a long time. 

I pray and think of you often.  

I pray you would open your heart to the Lord. I know you were hurt by the church you attended. They were wrong. That is not Christianity.  I never wanted to scare you into Christ. And I was so wrong too. Forgive me!  

Left Behind was so wrong because they assumed things and took liberties. It is never right to scare people.  Fear is not love.  I have learned differently. It’s taken years to understand.  Fear is never the right approach to come to Christ.

Love....true Love, is telling you that Jesus Christ is the only way to eternal life and heaven.  And only by giving yourself over to Him can you be “complete” and fulfill your true purpose. He made us to be filled with Him. To be united for all eternity. It will be unlike anything we could ever imagine. True joy. He knew us before we were born and loved us so much.  He knows the numbers of hairs on our head and the number of tears we have ever cried. Amazing love.

I now believe our time left on Earth is dangerously short. The world is changing and the dangers are increasing hundred-fold.  I pray you would turn back to Him before I lose you forever."

• Like 2

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

That really sucks that she doesn't think you know what true Christianity is, and that you left because of certain people... I'm sorry, that must be maddening.

Nothing new here.  You knew the wrong xianity.  That was about fear and hate.  Real xianity is about love.  Let me tell you all about real xianity.  Proceeds by using fear and hate.

mwc

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Aiyana said:

I pray you would open your heart to the Lord. I know you were hurt by the church you attended. They were wrong. That is not Christianity.  I never wanted to scare you into Christ. And I was so wrong too. Forgive me!  

It's amazing to watch how many times a Xian's definition of "True Xianity" changes over the course of their life. When will they realize no one is a Xian? No one. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mwc said:

Seriously. It's amazing, isn't it? 

Nothing new here.  You knew the wrong xianity.  That was about fear and hate.  Real xianity is about love.  Let me tell you all about real xianity.  Proceeds by using fear and hate.

mwc

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DestinyTurtle said:

It's amazing to watch how many times a Xian's definition of "True Xianity" changes over the course of their life. When will they realize no one is a Xian? No one. 

Right? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Aiyana said:

Love....true Love, is telling you that Jesus Christ is the only way to eternal life and heaven

Yup. He loves you so much that if you don't love him back he'll sentence you to an eternity of unimaginable torture.

Here's a quote I got elsewhere on this site. If you decide to respond, it might be worth it to include this:

Dan Barker, a former evangelical preacher: “I do understand what love is, and that is one of the reasons I can never again be a Christian. Love is not self denial. Love is not blood and suffering. Love is not murdering your son to appease your own vanity. Love is not hatred or wrath, consigning billions of people to eternal torture because they have offended your ego or disobeyed your rules. Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being.”

• Like 4

On 10/26/2018 at 10:57 PM, Aiyana said:
I now believe our time left on Earth is dangerously short. The world is changing and the dangers are increasing hundred-fold.  I pray you would turn back to Him before I lose you forever."

"Why are you still trying to fear me back to Jesus?"

• Haha 1