Goodbye Jesus

God for a day

Wertbag

If you were god for a day, with absolute power, knowledge and love, what would you do to make the world a better place? 

I would start by wiping out fatal diseases that kill otherwise perfectly healthy people (aids, ebola, plague, degenerative diseases, cancers, malaria etc), I would remove parasites (worms, ticks, mossies etc) making sure to replace with a benign insect if other animals rely on them for food. I would inspire an energy breakthrough to give humanity a clean, almost unlimited source of power. I would settle the tectonic plates to stop volcanoes and earthquakes. I would turn off the gene to grow wisdom teeth. I would make all psychotic killers have a stroke and drop dead. 

With unlimited power there would be no issues that could arise that couldn't be easily dealt with. God hasn't even made earth as good and safe as our limited imagination can. I could understand that from an uncaring deist type god, but not from an all-loving Christian god. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• Super Moderator

Thanks for that. I think it illustrates the basic problem with the concept of an anthropormorphic deity. It wouldn't work.

It seems with enough in depth study we will find that our world could not exist at all if we lacked "problems" such as death, pain, tectonic plates in motion and natural disasters. Some of what goes on we judge as good and other things we believe to be bad. But we need both to maintain continued survival. It's the only reality there is, and it works! 

After all, how would you ever know you were happy if you never experienced sadness? Utopia would actually be a very boring Hell.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

I'd impregnate as many virgins as possible.  

• Haha 3

Let's not forget the prostate gland.

And idiots. I'd ban idiots.

4 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Is that where the idea of 72 virgins comes from?  One every 20 mins for 24hrs? :sex:

I'd start by proving I was real.

• Like 2

first things first. 

Id get some random volunteers to write down my desires. 

Id need to create an eternal fiery hell for anyone who didnt do exactly what my various followers infer that I want from everyone.

• Haha 2

I'd just admit I'd bolloxed it all up to start with and quietly wipe out the entire planet out of sheer embarrassment

• Haha 2

I'd probably realize how pointless we are in the grand scheme of things and not bother doing much of anything.  

mwc

On 10/30/2018 at 6:04 PM, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I have never understood the reasoning behind that.  I prefer an experienced woman who knows how to please a man!!

I would do nothing except perhaps to resign from the gig.

• Super Moderator
On 11/9/2018 at 8:45 PM, Weezer said:

I have never understood the reasoning behind that.  I prefer an experienced woman who knows how to please a man!!

From an extremely misogynistic perspective, it is better to teach a virgin exactly like you like to be pleased, than to have to undo a bunch of annoying habits she learned pleasing other men.

I don't agree with said perspective; but I do understand it.

15 hours ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I don't agree with said perspective; but I do understand it.

That was said with tongue in cheek.   To me that thinking has a narcissistic, and even sadistic flavor.