Goodbye Jesus

Lost the joy of music

MamaCaz

Since I lost my faith I've also lost the joy of listening to the music I once enjoyed.  Need to Breathe, We are Messengers, Switchfoot, Mandisa, etc.  Does anyone have any suggestions of secular artists comparable to these types?

I honestly never heard of any of those folks. As I noted in another post, when I discovered Pandora on my I Phone I got into the oldies Rock and Roll from the 60's to the 80's. Fleetwood Mac, Bob Seger, Journey, U-2, Mamma's & Pappa's, Beach Boys, and Queen, I love Queen. Abba, really love their music, and The Bee Gees, The Four Seasons, Billy Joel, Celine, ........and many, many more.

I grew up with that music, but lost interest after enlisting in the Navy.  Glad I found it again though. 

• Like 1

I grew up listening to all of those as well, but looking for more modern bands.  

• 1 month later...

Hi MamaCaz,

Random alternative rock Bands and similar/others that come to mind are

Mumford and Sons

Mighty Oaks

Deathcab for Cutie

Jonathan Jeremiah

The Low Anthem

Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats

Have fun exploring. The joy will come back. It was similar for me.

OTRR

P.S. I guess Mumford and Sons are not X-ian even though their lyrics might at times feel that way (?).

My genre of choice is power metal so I doubt I’d have much that would interest you but there is one band that you might like. They are called Edenbridge. 

I recommend them because they have this curious hybrid of lyrics that sound like they could have come from a Christian band  (i.e. They are irrationally optimistic and sung brightly) but they definitely have the harder edges of a good metal band. This is perhaps their most bubblegum happy song in their discography. Anyway, maybe you’ll like it. Maybe not.