Goodbye Jesus

How did you choose your nickname?

Wertbag

6 hours ago, Margee said:

Well, as embarrassed as I am, I will admit how I got my board name.  I was still praying at the time when I joined Ex-c even though I continued to post questions every single day. And I was still very much into magical thinking. So, I imagined I had an angel to help me through my deconversion and I called her, ''Margee'', with 2 ee's. Lol

I have to admit, she's become part of who I am and I think sometimes she might even be my ''higher self''!! Lol 

Love and ((hugs)) to you

Interesting, especially given that you've been somewhat of an angel to a lot of people here. 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Citsonga said:

Interesting. I figured your name was Josh and you're a fan of the metal band Pantera. 

I was thinking he drives a mid 1970's sports car with a 351ci Cleveland under the...er..um..whatever a mid-engined car has in place of a hood. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Citsonga said:

Interesting, especially given that you've been somewhat of an angel to a lot of people here. 😉

Thanks, sweetie. Please trust me when I tell you I ain't no angel!! I'm glad I fooled some people!! Lmao! :moon:

This is the 'real' Margee......:fdevil:

(hugs) to all! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Margee said:

Thanks, sweetie. Please trust me when I tell you I ain't no angel!! I'm glad I fooled some people!! Lmao! :moon:

This is the 'real' Margee......:fdevil:

(hugs) to all! 

Hey, the Hell's Angels are still angels. 😁

• Haha 2

My parents have large lilac bushes outside their house and in June,their yard smells fabulous. 

I was born in June and I wanted members to think “woman” when they read my name (which I am). 

My avatar is a tattoo I would like to get someday.

A reference to getting free of religion and fear. Bird out of the cage. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, PurpleLilac said:

My parents have large lilac bushes outside their house and in June,their yard smells fabulous. 

I was born in June and I wanted members to think “woman” when they read my name (which I am). 

My avatar is a tattoo I would like to get someday.

A reference to getting free of religion and fear. Bird out of the cage. 

Good choice. I've been thinking of getting a tattoo that references that as well, something with symbolic meaning. Part of me is still at the rebellious stage though and I'm going to wait it out before any decisions.

• Like 2

'cuz it's what I do..

Everyday!

kevinL

• Like 5

My older granddaughter used to put a very distinct “r” sound in the word “look.” “Lerk, Pops!” It was really, really cute 🙂 I needed a new online name at the time and thought to use her pronunciation. I googled it and discovered that there’s a mythical creature by that name, and figured if I used that for my icon it would be less likely for people I know me in person to associate my posts with me, should I happen to be careless. I’ve written some things that would definitely give me away, yet this creature would likely make them second guess themselves.

Of course, if they were to read this comment, I’d really be busted!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 11/17/2018 at 5:48 PM, SkipNChurch said:

'cuz it's what I do..

Everyday!

kevinL

For a long, long time I thought your board name was, 'SkipNCrunch'.....Lol :P

• Haha 1

My agnostic father (to the point where he would pray every night "just in case").  Gave me this solid piece of advice, past down to him from his father:

"Consider the source, and let it go".

It took me waaaaay too much time; but, eventually, I did just that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Mine is basically a wink at "True Believers" who embrace the paradox that "True Freedom" comes from slavery to their supposed savior.

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, TrueFreedom said:

Mine is basically a wink at "True Believers" who embrace the paradox that "True Freedom" comes from slavery to their supposed savior.

I would call it a misnomer rather than a paradox. ;)

• Like 1

It was aspirational, really.

• Like 1

Basically what it says.. I’m questioning what I’m believing in

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My nickname "Lost" means that I'm kind of a person, that is completely lost in this world.

People seem to live quite easy lives and do casual stuff. They find someone to be in a relationship, have kids, parents, grandparents and work. Yes, they have problems, but not that complicated and complex as someone who lost their own identity after losing faith in God and who lost mother in childhood...and more different problems as well.

People around me and from my family are surprised that I am not like others and don't do things like others, but...ugh (they will never understand what I have in my head). I guess, I will start to tell them that I have problems that are not that famous in society and I was diagnosed with personality disorder, so sorry I can't grow that quickly to the standards of a normal world.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I chose my name because everything in my life up to this point, including the desertion of religion is one reality check after another.

• Like 3

Derek is my real name...apparently, I have a limited imagination...I envy the rest of you :(

• Thanks 1

Ellinas is the anglicized spelling of the Greek word for a Greek male.

I'm not Greek, but it reflects my interests, and is less cumbersome than the equivalent word for Welshman

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Derek said:

Derek is my real name...apparently, I have a limited imagination...I envy the rest of you :(

Nothing wrong with using your real name.  HA!  The rest of us are hiding our identity to lessen the chance of the FBI locating us!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Weezer said:

lessen the chance of the FBI locating us

FBI = Facebook Investigations!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wertbag said:

FBI = Facebook Investigations!

LOL, and the Federal Bureau of investigation!

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is fairly simple - I'm from Texas and when I chose my nickname about 15 years ago I considered Freethinker to be the most appropriate label for my position on religion.

My avatar combines my interests in religion and human sexuality :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Super Moderator

I taught General Biology and Anatomy & Physiology for a while, at a local college.  When students would complain about the subject being too difficult to understand, I would say, "If a dumb Redneck from out there where the foxes fuck can understand this stuff, then y'all civilized city-folk ought to have no problem with it."  Didn't take long for the students to start referring to me as The Redneck Professor. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1989 is one of my favorite songs from the band Mindless Self Indulgence, and I was pretty sure no one else had taken it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is also straight forward. When I joined this site, I was freshly agnostic. I didn't want to be recognized at some point with my "usual user" so I just picked what fit. I like that the word "no" is in it, because that's what I was saying to Christianity, to my old faith, and to what I'd been raised to believe. I simply emphasized the "NO" and here we are. It gives me subtle, yet distinct satisfaction every time I log in lol.

Maybe ag_HELLNO_stic would have worked too. :P

• Haha 3